PROVE that Jehovah's Witnesses have the "Truth".

by undercover 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
  • reniaa
    reniaa

hi tuesday

I'm looking at the one scripture you quote and can't see the holy spirit there?

"I and the father are one (oops and the holy spirit)"

and the question is.. One what? it doesn't say God even if like most trinitarians you imagine it there.

At John 17:20-23, Jesus prays for his disciples, "that they may all be onejust as as You Father are in me and I in You.... that, they may be one, just as we also are one." I think we can be pretty sure this does not add us to the Trinity and make us "God." Here we can see clearly that Jesus sees this oneness in terms signficantly different than what the Trinitarian would have us believe. The Trinitarian would like to pretend that Jesus was here praying for a oneness that is different than the oneness he declared at John 10:30 despite the fact that Jesus here twice says, "JUST AS WE ARE ONE."

I firmly believe this is a passage showing oneness of purpose and unity works showing that unity.

As for other denominations, christeldelphians do not teach a real satan he is seen by them as some sort of nature we battle :sthey also tithe and celebrate certain Jewish festivals I think they may also keep the sabbath.

While bible students have good basic russel teachings they have no growth within their church.

Reniaa

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

It is impossible for the JWs to prove they have the truth, exclusively.

First they have to overcome the arguments and proofs here.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/

JD II

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.....hi tuesday

I'm looking at the one scripture you quote and can't see the holy spirit there?

"I and the father are one (oops and the holy spirit)"

and the question is.. One what? it doesn't say God even if like most trinitarians you imagine it there. ........At John 17:20-23, Jesus prays for his disciples, "that they may all be onejust as as You Father are in me and I in You.... that, they may be one, just as we also are one." I think we can be pretty sure this does not add us to the Trinity and make us "God." Here we can see clearly that Jesus sees this oneness in terms signficantly different than what the Trinitarian would have us believe. The Trinitarian would like to pretend that Jesus was here praying for a oneness that is different than the oneness he declared at John 10:30 despite the fact that Jesus here twice says, "JUST AS WE ARE ONE." ....That does`nt prove,Jehovah`s Witness`s have the Truth..

I firmly believe this is a passage showing oneness of purpose and unity works showing that unity.

As for other denominations, christeldelphians do not teach a real satan he is seen by them as some sort of nature we battle :sthey also tithe and celebrate certain Jewish festivals I think they may also keep the sabbath. ....That does`nt prove,Jehovah`s Witness`s have the Truth..

While bible students have good basic russel teachings they have no growth within their church. ....That does`nt prove,Jehovah`s Witness`s have the Truth..

Reniaa

Reniaa..

Nothing you said,proves Jehovah`s Witness`s have the Truth..

In case you did`nt know..Thats what the subject of this thread is about..

.................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

If memory serves, the entire basis of the claim by Jehovah's Witnesses that they are The One True Chosen People, hinges on their belief that in 1914 Jesus Christ assumed power in Heaven via war with Satan (a war so destructive that Satan instigated World War I as a cover). Then in 1919 after winning the war against Satan, Jesus appointed certain members of the governing body as a "faithful and discreet slave" (a reference to a parable given by Jesus in the first century), to impart necessary information to True Believers.

The claim hinges almost entirely around the calculation that the Gentile Times spoken of in Luke 21 was a period of 2,520 years that ended in 1914. By necessity, in order to prove the claim as true, that meant the original nation of Israel fell to the Babylonian conquerors in the year 607 B.C. Despite the fact that no other archeological evidence supports this idea and no source indicates Jerusalem fell in that year (multiplie evidence indicates the city fell in 587 B.C.), Jehovah's Witnesses are adamant in the 607 B.C. claim.

Without this, Jehovah's Witnesses' claim of being the One True Religion is meaningless. When Jesus Christ returned to the Earth in his invisible Second Coming, only "the faithful and discreet slave" remained awake and aware of what was really "happening" and so were rewarded whilst other religions (Babylon the Great if I remember right) are shunned by Jehovah God.

Without 1914, a date Jehovah's Witnesses have bellowed about for nearly a century, any and all claims of their being The Truth are meaningless and irrelevent.

But what do I know? I've been out amongst the Great Unwashed, full of angst and wailing and gnashing of teeth and yearning for comfort of the bosom position of Abraham for 20 years.

Chris

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi big tex

Nope big tex while they think Jesus returned and they were blessed by holy spirit not to be taken in by the 1700 year old lies that have caused such division, it is more about the doctrine. Their dates are not so important. 1914 is the only one that still gets emphasised. they still stand by the dates but if they had to be refined on them I doubt it would rock the boat so much.

Ask anyone on here who once probably felt like I do still. When we choose witnesses it is their adherence to bible truths. the awareness of how far from the bible truth trinity is, is quite a reality and then the simple bible logic of still living on earth and the eden promise of fulfilment on earth. the 'meek inheriting the earth' something christendom with it's 'all goto heaven' doctrtine doesn't even try to explain. The fitting with what Jews believed gds original chosen peple about One almighty god also gives them added weight.

Whether you gnash your teeth or not I do not know but it must hurt if you once gave all your life to Jehovah but then worked away because of men and your own inclinations only to find they had it right in the important ways that count with Jesus. To be honest my heart would have great sadness for those letting doubts and thorns choke the simplicity of real bible truths from them if they once saw them as I do still.

Reniaa

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Why has this thread been allowed to turn into a debate about the Trinity?

The topic is "PROVE that Jehovah's Witnesses have the "Truth"".

Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life." Jesus said "Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him."

So, the challenge is to prove that JWs have the truth. According to the Truth's own words, to have him you need to eat his flesh and drink his blood.

Do Jehovah's Witnesses do this?

Perhaps around 10,000 of their 7 million members do. The rest are strongly discouraged to do this.

So, using that very simple benchmark, do Jehovah's Witnesses have the Truth?

No.

• passwordprotected
  • reniaa
    reniaa

According to my research of the bible message atm the Jehovah's Witnesses are more biblical truthful than any other christian group by a mile and a half but I fully accept on these forums I might not get agreement.

Reniaa

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

oh Ren , the dates are not imprtant! sometimes wonder about you Ren

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit