PROVE that Jehovah's Witnesses have the "Truth".

by undercover 126 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They have the truth, proof is that God chose them in 1919 as His Faithful and Discreet Slave to proclaim His word.

This chart from the 15 minute Guide to Understanding the Truth about JW's on jwfacts.com helps prove it:

circular watchtower reasoning

• bohm
    bohm

reniaa: what i wonder is how you prove the bible is the word of god and not of men....

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Reniaa - did you forget Isaiah 9:6-7 ??? this is suposidly a 'prophesy' about the birth of Jesus- please explain why if he is 'not the father' in human form, that he would be called- Mighty God, Eternal Father????????? (scripture supports both the 4 and against the trinnity debate!).

Isaiah 9 NEW WORLD TRANSLATION

6 For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. 7 To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom in order to establish it firmly and to sustain it by means of justice and by means of righteousness, from now on and to time indefinite. The very zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this.

(This is me just pointing out the fact that- anyone can pick and chose bible quotes to suit their own agenda! if a book could grow legs, I bet the world's revealed religions would try to make holy books tap dance too! )

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

OnTheWayOut- Love the Reasoning chart!

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Because they have loving Christian Glorious elders who look after the flock with tender care, always understanding of events and peoples needs.

Willing to go the extra mile, always admit their own errors, never prepared to lie, NEVER NEVER put forward false testimony, how can’t they have the "TRUTH.

KT

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

They don't go to war.

They have love among themselves.

They're fulfilling Matthew 24:14.

They wear suits.

They alone are using the name Jehovah.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It is quite easy if your reasoning exists in a vacuum where other religions, the history of your own religion and inconvenient scriptures are ignored:

Because our ranks are growing, God blesses our preaching work, we are persecuted which Jesus said would happen, we promote happy family life and clean moral standards.

Right, that's my defence for the mormom faith; here's my defence for Jehovah's Witnesses:

Because our ranks are growing, God blesses our preaching work, we are persecuted which Jesus said would happen, we promote happy family life and clean moral standards.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi lilith

I personally think isaiah proves Jesus isn't God, does it say he will be called the ONE true God no just called a mighty god? trying to twist that scripture into saying he will be called the One true God is what trinitarians try and prove but it doesn't. there are hundreds of scripture that keep Jesus separate to the Almighty God and have Jesus himself keeping that division. It is a bible theme that Jesus is God's son and not the One true God himself.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6 (New International Version)

5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"), 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Ephesians 4:6
    one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Do you know what until recently was the biggest proof text for trinity?

1 john 5:7 additions

1 John 5:7 (King James Version)

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

a little addition by men found to be completely false.what it should say is...

1 John 5:7 (New International Version)

7 For there are three that testify: 8 the [a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

Why was it made up? because there isn't one scripture in the bible that says the one true God is three. that a doctrine needs a false scripture to become scriptural was the death nell for trinity with me. I only need deut 6:4 for myself which is scriptural and inspired by God himself.

Deuteronomy 6:4 (New International Version)

4 Hear, O Israel: YHWH our God, is one YHWH. [a]

there is a difference between reading your own viewpoints into the scripture rather than reading what they actually say! why would I ever believe that God can be three when the bible doesn't even say it once? why should I believe Jesus is the true God when the bible clearly say he is God's son?

Trinity works by getting people to believe in paradox's and oxymorons.

The bible tells me Jesus is the SON of God so that is what I believe. Do you know Jesus calls his father 'my god' all the time even after going to heaven many times in revelation etc yet God never calls Jesus 'my God' only 'my son'.

Reniaa

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

First off.. Micky- LOLOLOLOLOLOLOl love your reasoning!

Reniaa-

there is a difference between reading your own viewpoints into the scripture rather than reading what they actually say! exactly!- hole in one- bravo- now your getting darl, the WTB does just this, it takes quotes and scriptures from the bible and interprets it to suit their own viewpoints! they then proceed to train people such as yourself to blindly believe them and you are directed to the scriptures they want you see, hence why you can now confidently state;

"The bible tells me Jesus is the SON of God so that is what I believe."

see how easy it's done- I just used your words to tell my side of the story! My my... arn't we both clever!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

rENIAA, ALL YOU HAVE PROVEN IS MODALISM IS NOT TRUE. AND ALL VERSES YOU HAVE QUOTED PROVE THE TRINITY. HOWEVER, GETTING THE TRINITY RIGHT OR WRONG DOES NOT MAKE A RELGION THE TRUTH.

THE WT HAS DISQUALIFIED ITSELF FROM VBEING THE TRUTH. WHAT IT CURRENTLY TEACHES IS IRRELEVANT. ACCORDING TO THEIR CLAIM, THEY WERE APPOINTED AS SUCH IN 1919, DUE TO THEIR TRACK RECORD OF CORRECT TEACHINGS. a LOOK BACK SHOWS THEM TO BE RIDICULOUS, AND IN OTHER AREAS SUCH AS NEUTRALITY TO BE NO DIFFERENT AT THAT TIME.

bEYOND THAT, THEIR CHECKERED HISTORY OF FALSE PROPHECIES, EVEN IF THEY HAD BEEN GOD'S ORG, WOULD HAVE RESULTED IN THEIR BEING ETERNALLY DISFELLOWSHIPPED FROM THAT POSITION.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit