Why don't you just take it like a man?

by AK - Jeff 199 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    What do you think my point is?

I have the same view as Connan Doyles best character, Sherlock Holmes, who told Watson when they first met, (paraphrasing) "My mind is like a well ordered attic. I pick and choose what I keep and what I discard."

The point being, if I have to ask you what your point is, it means that I do not take it upon myself to do your explaining for you. It's quite possible you just like one sentence answers to complicated questions for all I know...

But if you do not wish to explain, it won't bother me.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    But if you do not wish to explain, it won't bother me.

My suspicion is that you're being intentionally obtuse, as my point is blatantly obvious. If you wish to belabor the obvious, it won't bother me, but don't expect me to participate.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    My suspicion is that you're being intentionally obtuse, as my point is blatantly obvious. If you wish to belabor the obvious, it won't bother me, but don't expect me to participate.

More then fair! I think we have agreement....

• Highlander
    Highlander

Comparing rape to shunning is very insulting and dismissive to those who have been raped. Anyone who is thinking about becoming a witness has plenty of opportunities to learn about the shunning doctrine prior to becoming baptized. You expect the governing body and all witnesses to be accountable for their actions yet because we're exjws we should get a free pass and continue the victim mentality? It's time to grow up and move on people.

We can be victims for only so long, then it's time to move forward and make positive steps in our lives. It's ok to support those that have just left the dubs and currently feel like victims. It's an entirely different thing to enable the victim mentality in our own lives or the lives of others.

Eventually you have to let it go. If you can't, then professional help would be the next step. This board would not be the place for that.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Highlander you have missed the point entirely

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Highlander you have missed the point entirely

No, my dear, he's not the one who's missing the point.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Highlander, I worried a bit about using rape as an example, although I immediately caught the meaning of the metaphor. I think it a good idea to reiterate that what we are talking about is a violation of ones individuality. Rape is strong language that can make that point, although it is admittedly a controversial way to make the point.

Other then that. I don't agree with much of what you said here, but I personally appreciate your opinion and ability to participate. As you are not suffering from the "victim mentality", I would like to personally express my thanks for lowering yourself to be with us "victims".

No ex JW wants a free pass, but if that is your impression, that is also your burden to carry. I disagree and think you in error on your observation.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    We can be victims for only so long, then it's time to move forward and make positive steps in our lives. It's ok to support those that have just left the dubs and currently feel like victims. It's an entirely different thing to enable the victim mentality in our own lives or the lives of others.
    Eventually you have to let it go. If you can't, then professional help would be the next step. This board would not be the place for that.

• beksbks
    beksbks

No Doe, now you and H have missed the point.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    No Doe, now you and H have missed the point.

Seems to me you have completely ignored the points made and have instead just concentrated on the method of delivery and who is expressing them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit