Why don't you just take it like a man?

by AK - Jeff 199 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

((((((((((((((((((((((AK-Jeff))))))))))))))))))))

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Ironically this was sent to me by a JW.... but it seemed appropriate to the topic :)

Little John the Baptist Matt. 18:4-5 "Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
    And who ever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. "

Johnny's Mother looked out the window and noticed Him "playing church" with their cat . He had the cat sitting quietly and he was preaching to it. She smiled and went about her work.
    A while later she heard loud meowing and hissing and ran back To the open window to see Johnny baptizing the cat in a tub of water.
    She called out, "Johnny, stop that! The cat is afraid of water!"
    Johnny looked up at her and said,
    "He should have thought about that before he joined my church."

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Yes WLD that fits.

It's the 'unjoining' that is painful for us, eh?

Jeff

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My first LOL all night.

Thanks Wuz

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Blacksheep

I'm still going to a few meetings, like the CO visits, and the Memorial, and a few sessions of the Assemblies/Conventions , just to keep the sliver of a relationship I still have with my family. Like you all fully understand, if I didn't try to "fade" (a horrible flop so far) and just DA'ed, that would kill it completely.

So yeah, I'm with you that losing the ties isn't our choice. But its a very real consequence of choosing to leave the JWs. So far I've been suspending my entire right to live out exactly the way I want to because I want to keep my family. I don't want pity from anyone and am not playing the victim because I completely own up to my inaction in all of this. I totally understand how hard it is. Thats why I'm still stuck in this limbo even to nearing the age of 36.

I'd love to Borg to change on the shunning policy but I doubt it. Its too much of a useful conforming tool that many other groups use too. Other teens I grew up with have been really true to themselves and happy with that for almost 2 decades. So Lola's point about having to move on is valid. The sooner the better is also valid. I'm really happy for those that can do it sooner.

What's unwelcome and definitely not needed is her almost purposefully curt and flippant approach.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Hadn't been able to put my finger on it, MS, but that is correct. Curt and flippant is not helpful when people are being forced to choose between 'fade' or 'leave' or 'somewhere in between' so that they can keep family.

I chose to leave the religion - what I did not choose was the hateful manner in which I would be treated. ANd though I knew it would happen, I don't have to like it or shut up about it. And, I did not 'know about it' when I was lead to the baptism pool as a minor.

Jeff

• jam
    jam

I have been out since 1987, this site has help me too move on over the years. It has taken away a lot of

anger I use to feel..It takes time for some to move on.One thing I have thought about, in my case it has

been so long since I have seen or talk to my family members who are JW, nephews,nieces,greatnephews

greatnieces,brother, and daughter , some I have never MET..We live in the same area except a few(2%).

How would I respond toward my family if the shunning was found to be unchristian by the borg.

Will I be able meet my nephews, nieces, with open arms and tell them I am your uncle the one your

father (my brother) told you I was a very bad man. My grandkids , I am your grandad, you are 12 yrs.

old now I can,t say how you have grown because I never seen you before. Your mother my daughter

have told you for years that your grand dad is a bad man, why were you a bad man grand dad ?

Did you abuse my mother when she was young? No Iworked two and one time three jobs to

provide for my family so they would not be in need..When she was your sister age maybe a little

younger ,when I come home from work after working two jobs I would pick her up out of little

bed hold her near to my heart each night, I did that with all my kids. I see you have a picture

of me, wow that picture is around 13yrs. old..So if you saw me walking down the street you

would not know who I was. This is why it take some longer to move on..But I am getting

better..

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

(((jam)))

• beksbks
    beksbks

Jam it's brainwashing pure and simple. I bet your kids and grand kids deep down think of you with love, when they do, they try to shake it off, because they believe that is what jehovah wants. They don't know it's just lies from the WTBS.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wow Jam. There's only one thing to say about the horrible way you have been treated - PURE HATEFUL BULLSHYTE - you certainly do not deserve such. How painful. Thanx for sharing.

I am pained by what you have gone thru. Peace to you.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit