JW Defenders- Is WTS Right to Insist You Stay Away From these Websites?

by OnTheWayOut 307 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shadow
    shadow

OTWO,

You asked "Is WTS right to insist that "true Christians" stay away from websites that debate the Bible and WT doctrine? "

My response is my opinion, not a statement about WTS policy. It was actually more of a disagreement with WT writings on this topic. As for judicial action, this is subject to interpretation by your local BOE.

"If direction is not clear, then they should be discreet and not be so confident that their directives are correct."

Agreed.

"Isn't that independent thinking?"

Guilty as charged. I can be independent of both unreasonable JW's and unreasonable ex-JW's.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Shadow,

Hi there! I personally think its cool you're here, for whatever reasons are your own. I bet this site and some comments here about JW's are pretty offensive to you right now. I wish a sentence or two could help you understand why that pain exisits, but its real, and its not because of evil...

Having said that, the internet does allow you to examine your faith, or ask questions, or do whatever you want. It's clear that JW's are discouraged from being here and other JW oriented websites.

Here is a question I have for you, based on this quote:

Some of us are willing to make our own decisions. What are you trying to get at?

Thats cool. I did while I was in. I will speak for myself and ask you if you don't mind, why do you disagree with the encouragement you receive to stay away from websites like this? Surely you know elders and pioneers who would actually panic at the thought of you being here.

Thanks for your response!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    "My response is my opinion, not a statement about WTS policy. It was actually more of a disagreement with WT writings on this topic. As for judicial action, this is subject to interpretation by your local BOE."..

Your able to think for yourself..Thats good..

Disagree with the WBT$ and you better find a new life..That is the Interpretation of BOE`s,anyplace I have been..

...................OUTLAW

• shadow
    shadow

ATJ,

Offensive? I've been on this board for about 8 years now. I don't expect to see many more surprises.

Some reasons I have been here:

I believe the powers that be (GB, service, etc.) are wrong when they do not make full disclosure of their errors or when demanding blind obedience. Topics such as blood and child abuse are not dealt with openly.

I have also had some good discussions here with people like Maximus, Marvin Shilmer, Old Soul and Big Tex.

Some people have been seriously hurt for being a JW. I disagree with policy of shooting the wounded. I have tried to reach out to a few people privately. Doing so openly generally stirs up the rabid crowd here.

• shadow
    shadow

Outlaw,

After careful consideration, I have composed a response to you based on the merits of your comments.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Offensive? I've been on this board for about 8 years now. I don't expect to see many more surprises.

Oops.... I have officially put the "L" on my forehead for you on that one... Sorry....

Well, you answered my question. I don't know if this thread is the place for me to ask you further questions, and I am sure you have been asked them, but.......

I will ask one more question and leave it at that: With all that you read and learn about the JW's on the internet, do you personally believe that this is the one true religion, Jehovah the one true god, and that everyone else who is a non JW is dead?

You don't need a long response unless you want to, yes or no is fine.

Sorry I didn't notice your "born on date" before, I looked at the amount of posts, which officially makes me a dumass... Thanks for responding thus far.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Shadow..

Wow!!..A smiley.....After carefull consideration..LOL!!..

I hope you did`nt break anything,because you had to think for a long time..

Do you remember Fred Hall?.....He had to think really hard one time.....And..His head caved in!!..

...............LOL!!...OUTLAW

• shadow
    shadow

ATJ,

With all that you read and learn about the JW's on the internet, do you personally believe that this is the one true religion?

Maybe, depends on your definition of "true religion".

Jehovah the one true god?

Believe so, but readily admit to not understanding many things.

and that everyone else who is a non JW is dead?

No, unless there is some dramatic, unmistakable turn of events that is obvious to all.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Cool Shadow. I don't agree with you (obvious, since I left JW's) but I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I can't mention everyone, but special thanks to Shadow and AllTimeJeff and everyone for contributing and making this the most interesting thread in the world. (slight exaggeration)

Before I really got going totally ignoring some posters, I thought I would just poke the bear with a stick a few more times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit