JW Defenders- Is WTS Right to Insist You Stay Away From these Websites?

by OnTheWayOut 307 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I read these threads and there are a few that bend over backwards to say why WTS is correct on this issue or that issue.
    They act like typical JW's that refuse to acknowledge points that may show that WTS is not following the scriptures or that WTS goes beyond the scriptures in a way that is not supported by others.

The point could be the blood issue or shunning or whether 1799 or 1914 was the start (or finish?) of the last days or whether there is a faithful and discreet slave class or not. ETC. ETC. I don't want to harp on each point. I just want your comments on these questions below.

Is WTS right to insist that "true Christians" stay away from websites that debate the Bible and WT doctrine?
    If they are wrong, isn't it possible that they are not spirit-directed? Even if they are wrong, aren't you running ahead of them instead of waiting on Jehovah to reveal new light for you to come to these websites and "save us" or whatever it is you think you are doing here?
    If they are right, why are you disobedient?

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

come on reniaa, you`ve got to answer this one!!!!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa would be one of the very people the WT owuld warn their captives to stay away from.

• oompa
    oompa

i wonder if my dad is one of the few elders who feel that it is odd that WT urges to never look at apostate literature. He feels his faith is strong enough that there should be no problem checking out anything else......yet......i bet he never has nor will. It seems like more would wonder "if this is really the truth, what is there to be afraid of?"................oompa

• reniaa
    reniaa

yes! did you expect me to answer differently?

To be honest these sites have taught me there is much proof that apostates are actively trying to destroy the Jw's as a faith and extremely ruthless.

In my innocence a year ago I could not imagine people continuing to be active witnesses with only one goal of stumbling people out of the witnesses yet many have admitted to it on this very site.

The anti-witness rhetoric of these sites could easily influence the innocent not knowing how selective much of it is. And how they start by deconstructing witnesses but that leads to deconstructing the bible hense why so many ex-witnesses have not been able to retain a belief in Jehovah. These sites are not only anti-witness but also Anti-God and I was surprised at that, although maybe I shouldn't have been

As to why I am disobedient is for my own conscience but I will not whine about it if I get rebuked for it, I accept the consequences of my choice including God's disaproval.

If I commited adultery I would also accept rebuke. We go into the witneses knowing what they preach

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL Kinda the answer I expected..a whole lot of nothing.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While a couple of you were already taunting Reniaa to comment, I really was hoping to hear from others.
    Not that she can't comment here too, but she is so clearly not what she claims to be, but is an attention seeking liar.

I suppose she fits who I was calling as those that bend over backwards to defend WTS, but I would rather get the responses of those that actually believe the things they post.

Someone besides the Trevor-like, what say you?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Reinna, you took the bait... Someone might want to start another thread to show her how to get the hook unstuck in her mouth...

You are most welcome as far as I am concerned to post pro JW propaganda here. Others have noted your words help, and do not hinder, the cause of exposing the JW leadership for what it is.

To be honest these sites have taught me there is much proof that apostates are actively trying to destroy the Jw's as a faith and extremely ruthless.

You are here describing former JW's who come here and tell their real life stories of abuse at the hands of elders, those whose families have been torn apart by shunning, by pedophiles allowed to roam amongst congregations with young families. You are here describing people who have been lied to by the Governing Body concerning their dates, prophecies, etc. There is no ruthlessness here, only a desire by those who have been harmed to work out their pain, and to hopefully warn other JW lurkers as to what is really going on.

The anti-witness rhetoric of these sites could easily influence the innocent not knowing how selective much of it is. And how they start by deconstructing witnesses but that leads to deconstructing the bible hense why so many ex-witnesses have not been able to retain a belief in Jehovah. These sites are not only anti-witness but also Anti-God and I was surprised at that, although maybe I shouldn't have been

Passwordprotected, BurnTheShips, and others are noted theists in my view who I respect, even if I disagree with their theistic views. "God" has nothing to do with why I am here.

It is noteworthy that JW's are taught to preach "anti-any religion", yet are prohibited from doing the same thing in looking at their own faith. There is no way around that hypocrisy.

As to why I am disobedient is for my own conscience but I will not whine about it if I get rebuked for it, I accept the consequences of my choice including God's disaproval.

Reinaa, I am sorry, as I don't use the term I am about to describe you as lightly, but this makes you a 100% hypocrite. You are disobedient, yet promote obedience, and do this for the sake of your conscience? You just described EVERYONE HERE!

So with all respect, you are a hypocrite. You cannot explain that one away my dear.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

OTWO

Sorry, I probably should have realized that was your aim. I have said my peace, and hope that others besides Reinaa take you up on your offer....,

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

ATJ, don't apologize. Reniaa said her piece (of lies) and it might prompt someone who actually believes WTS to respond.
    Some still believe she's the genuine article.

I gave birth to the thread, but it can have a life of it's own. Feel free to take it where you will. I just hoped for others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit