JW Defenders- Is WTS Right to Insist You Stay Away From these Websites?

by OnTheWayOut 307 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jack Burton
    Jack Burton

PS.
    Respectfully directed to Jack Burton:

In my years of service as a pioneer and MS, I don't recall the WTS EVER admitting they were wrong.

Although I would of like to see them get on their knees (David Style) and rip there suits into, begging forgiveness from God, it did not happen. But I'm OK with the "technical" admittance of guilt "Officially" Published in the March 15, 1980 Watchtower page 17

"5 In modern times such eagerness, commendable in itself, has led to attempts at setting dates for the desired liberation from the suffering and troubles that are the lot of persons throughout the earth. With the appearance of the book Life Everlasting—in Freedom of the Sons of God, and its comments as to how appropriate it would be for the millennial reign of Christ to parallel the seventh millennium of man’s existence, considerable expectation was aroused regarding the year 1975. There were statements made then, and thereafter, stressing that this was only a possibility. Unfortunately, however, along with such cautionary information, there were other statements published that implied that such realization of hopes by that year was more of a probability than a mere possibility. It is to be regretted that these latter statements apparently overshadowed the cautionary ones and contributed to a buildup of the expectation already initiated.

6 In its issue of July 15, 1976, The Watchtower, commenting on the inadvisability of setting our sights on a certain date, stated: “If anyone has been disappointed through not following this line of thought, he should now concentrate on adjusting his viewpoint, seeing that it was not the word of God that failed or deceived him and brought disappointment, but that his own understanding was based on wrong premises.” In saying “anyone,” The Watchtower included all disappointed ones of Jehovah’s Witnesses, hence including persons having to do with the publication of the information that contributed to the buildup of hopes centered on that date."

also of note is:
    Karl F. Klein (former GB member) said of Rutherford: (located in the footnotes of the Oct. 1, 1984 watchtower pg. 24)

"Regarding his misguided statements as to what we could expect in 1925, he once confessed to us at Bethel, “I made an ass of myself.”"

Agape,

-----------------
    Sola Scriptura

That's great, but you seem to miss the big problem with this admission. The WTS demands unconditional obedience to whatever they are calling "truth" at the moment, no questions asked. Even if they flip flop later.

This is, IMHO, the main reason for them to be scared to death of sites like this. It used to require a hell of alot more effort to find out this info before it was online.

The WTS can change major doctrines at the drop of a hat, and if the rank and file don't tow the line, they can be dfed. It's a great control tool.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

love is the identifying mark of a true Christian. How can I love my enemy if I don't show it in my words to him? It's all about loving the sinners, and hating the sins (even our own).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Not (necessarily) making the same obvious conclusion about Spike that isaacaustin made, that Spike and Reniaa are the same person, BUT notice that Spike comments go up as Reniaa is abstaining. Notice that Spike comments are designed to draw fire from the members.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL I also noticed that spike's and reniaa's comments seem to come one right after another in many cases and 'spike" will copy and paste his comment and reniaa's comment in his posts...

If one looks at the topix thread posted here observe who replied first to Reniaa's thread.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

In every EX-JW discussion there is always a RENAIA...a faithful JW that no matter what will stand to defend the WT Crap Society. I have seen many Renaias in other forums and also in other languages. They are the ones that complain that we attack them when they defend WT. There is only a HUGE difference between WT and JWN or any other Ex-JW forum.

Here we are using LOGIC and we try to discuss certain matters, either they are doctrinal, believes, or a certain policy of the WT that changed for certain reasons.

Another major thing that JW defenders forget, is that despite the fact that those forums are negative towards WT still they ACCEPT them to post and express their opinion and disagreement. SOMETHING THAT THE WT REFUSES to that in everyone that disagree with them. Not even they don't accept a dialogue, but they SHUT any voice of disagreement...Here Renaia you have a platform to stand and speak, something that the WT refuses for all of us. Here we have DEMOCRACY and everyone has the right to speak and defend their possition

You expecting from us to leave you without any debate to promote WT's agenda. When we point out the mistakes of that cult you complain that we are "opposing you" and you act exactly like WT does. You see WT likes to play a basketball game but does not want any other team in the playground!!! The real reason is they cannot win, they cannot face any other team since they will LOSE. Simple as that.

Do you Renaia what is the best APOSTATE MATERIAL?

It is the WT's old publications, old light, old doctrines, and most of all FALSE PROPHECIES. We don't need any other apostate material than that. WT has lied in almost every subject that is why in this forum many ex-jw's have suffer the pain by that Cult.

I was asked to leave house since I couldn't accept WT doctrines anymore. I spend 33 years of my life preaching for a generation that it will not pass and the END will come. I left school in the 80's to become a pioneer because the END was SO CLOSE. My dad spend his fortune for the WT but eventually he died so old and see NONE of WT's prophesy been fulfilled. I stayed uneducated due to WT's promise of the END...many times I'm cleaning toilets, doing hard jobs just to earn peanuts.

My best friend was suffered severe depression and killed her self. WT DESTROYS what it touches. But still you are accusing us for liars!!! Perhaps you should ask those who lost a child due to Organ transplans(1964 was a matter of conscious, 1967 was forbidden, 1981 was ok). Or many other JW's in my country and in many other countries that suffered years in prison due to neutrality issue. WT was refusing alternative solution for many years and now they accept it. Can you tell me WHY did I had to suffer in prison....

Indeed we hate WT and their leadership...but for sure we don't hate you. You are only making it easy for us from your answers and your lack to have dialogue. You are helping us with your attitude those who deside to FREE THEIR MINDS and see how evil is the WT. And believe me they ARE MANY...

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

In every EX-JW discussion there is always a RENAIA...a faithful JW that no matter what will stand to defend the WT Crap Society. I have seen many Renaias in other forums and also in other languages. They are the ones that complain that we attack them when they defend WT. There is only a HUGE difference between WT and JWN or any other Ex-JW forum.

Here we are using LOGIC and we try to discuss certain matters, either they are doctrinal, believes, or a certain policy of the WT that changed for certain reasons.

Another major thing that JW defenders forget, is that despite the fact that those forums are negative towards WT still they ACCEPT them to post and express their opinion and disagreement. SOMETHING THAT THE WT REFUSES to that in everyone that disagree with them. Not even they don't accept a dialogue, but they SHUT any voice of disagreement...Here Renaia you have a platform to stand and speak, something that the WT refuses for all of us. Here we have DEMOCRACY and everyone has the right to speak and defend their possition

You expecting from us to leave you without any debate to promote WT's agenda. When we point out the mistakes of that cult you complain that we are "opposing you" and you act exactly like WT does. You see WT likes to play a basketball game but does not want any other team in the playground!!! The real reason is they cannot win, they cannot face any other team since they will LOSE. Simple as that.

Do you Renaia what is the best APOSTATE MATERIAL?

It is the WT's old publications, old light, old doctrines, and most of all FALSE PROPHECIES. We don't need any other apostate material than that. WT has lied in almost every subject that is why in this forum many ex-jw's have suffer the pain by that Cult.

I was asked to leave house since I couldn't accept WT doctrines anymore. I spend 33 years of my life preaching for a generation that it will not pass and the END will come. I left school in the 80's to become a pioneer because the END was SO CLOSE. My dad spend his fortune for the WT but eventually he died so old and see NONE of WT's prophesy been fulfilled. I stayed uneducated due to WT's promise of the END...many times I'm cleaning toilets, doing hard jobs just to earn peanuts.

My best friend was suffered severe depression and killed her self. WT DESTROYS what it touches. But still you are accusing us for liars!!! Perhaps you should ask those who lost a child due to Organ transplans(1964 was a matter of conscious, 1967 was forbidden, 1981 was ok). Or many other JW's in my country and in many other countries that suffered years in prison due to neutrality issue. WT was refusing alternative solution for many years and now they accept it. Can you tell me WHY did I had to suffer in prison....

Indeed we hate WT and their leadership...but for sure we don't hate you. You are only making it easy for us from your answers and your lack to have dialogue. You are helping us with your attitude those who deside to FREE THEIR MINDS and see how evil is the WT. And believe me they ARE MANY...

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

it sometimes depends how thick your skin is, as to how much love you can show

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

to BizzyBee: age is a matter of enlightenment, perhaps. discernment is the better part of valour.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

There is always a Ren, just like there are always middle-aged, displaced, divorced-with-children-lonely-hearts-Polish-women-with-weight problems who hang on to something out of sheer perversity and bury their loneliness by playing fantasy role-playing games and fighting with people on internet chat rooms while watching their economic hopes diminish, their youth vanish and their unfinished crayola-dreams dwindle into the quiet nothingness and banality of oblivion.

So many "fillers" in this infected blood-sausage called "life".

But we all knew that.

For these, the business of being a mindless JW might be just the ticket.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

it takes quite a mind to put up with the likes of a few of the beasts, to say the least. and a good dose of humour does well, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit