JW Defenders- Is WTS Right to Insist You Stay Away From these Websites?

by OnTheWayOut 307 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    They don't "Officially" insist, but only strongly suggest.

Really? Then why is reading or possessing apostate literature a disfellowshipping offence? Seems fairly "insistant" to me.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Sola: Go in peace. And I mean GO. Ha ha - kidding.

Spike: You seem to be a bright young man or wo-man. If I may ask- exactly how young are you? Just curious.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It's like saying the State of Texas doesn't "officially insist" but only "strongly suggests" you don't commit murder.

Oh, but if they catch your ass you can forget saving for retirement.

I wonder how the WBTS would feel about people watering down their words regarding the seriousness of reading apostate literature and associating with apostates?

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Is WTS right to insist that "true Christians" stay away from websites that debate the Bible and WT doctrine?
    If they are wrong, isn't it possible that they are not spirit-directed? Even if they are wrong, aren't you running ahead of them instead of waiting on Jehovah to reveal new light for you to come to these websites and "save us" or whatever it is you think you are doing here?
    If they are right, why are you disobedient?

By reading other peoples thoughts on certain subjects all you are doing is expanding your knowledge correct? If I told you that apples were pink I should stand by what I tell you. Why would it frighten me to have you make an attempt to prove me wrong? If someone in the congregation is swayed by anothers thoughts on scriptural matters they should be abel to straighten out your thinking correct? Afterall I would want to be able to have an explanation in "truth" for someone that might raise a question as to the beliefs I am spreading from door to door.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!" (because in doing so you'll realize just how ungreat and unpowerful the Wizard of Oz really iz)

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Jehovah is no "man behind the curtain", despite the "wheat and the tares" that grow up together till the time of the harvest

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sola Scriptura,

I appreciate what appears to be very frank honesty. Instead of the usual zinger like "See what happens when you are honest with them and admit to posting here" I will give an honest (hopefully helpful) response.

I don't believe you have to tell WTS everything so keep coming here if you like. Truth is not afraid of lies.
    Keep on checking out EVERYTHING and keep only what is good.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm here to "give a logical defense to anyone who asks" about the "Hope" I voluntarily decided to believe in.

It's your 8th post in 2.5 years. If you are reading this, try responding to some of those that comment to you.
    Give a bit more of your logical defense please.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It seems to me that JW defenders are making technical loopholes in WT sayings.

It seems to me that JW defenders think that any JW's that "insist" they don't read anything by former members are going too far. So JW defenders are taking steps to think for themselves. Good for you.

• jam
    jam

my personal opinion on the "the right to insist you stay away from the web", no they do not have a right.

But there somthing I have obsered over the past few years..There is a need for this type of cultist religion.

Before everyone jump down my throat, I say this because, there is something good about life when you have

all the answer too life..Thier are certain people that can not function in normal society, the jails are full of these

people..They need a higher authority, visible or invisible..The WTS have stated , individual may become confuse

when reading apostate web sites..The truth should not be confusing, but for those individuals that know they

have the answers too all of life problems you do have a sense of comfortablity with life..I have ask several people

JWs, a baptist minister and family members , what would do if what you have been taught all your life concerning

the bible was wrong. The baptist minister, it would be lawlessness what will stop me from doing things I use to

do before I got saved..All I ask stated similar answers...So what I am saying is I feel most JWs do not want to know

the truth about the truth. For those is like awaiting the results from the Doctor to see if your have cancer.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    There is a need for this type of cultist religion. Before everyone jump down my throat, I say this because, there is something good about life when you have all the answer too life..Thier are certain people that can not function in normal society, the jails are full of these people..They need a higher authority, visible or invisible..

I actually agree with this. That is an entirely different anthropological topic then just the immediate weirdness of what constitutes the JW religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit