JW Defenders- Is WTS Right to Insist You Stay Away From these Websites?

by OnTheWayOut 307 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reniaa
    reniaa

You want pro-JW opinion? As far as I know only spike and I are actively on here atm pitchard stopped frustrated at the 10 post limit. Anyone else doesn't usually because it isn't a friendly place to be for pro-Jws. You get vilified for supporting Jw's and called 'trevor' for some reason.

I can't see this thread lasting very long when your target group is so small and you reject us anyway.

Reniaa

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

OnTheWayOut: Is WTS right to insist that "true Christians" stay away from websites that debate the Bible and WT doctrine?

Spike Tassel:— What proof do you have? I'm interested in boning up on my Scriptural reasoning. How else can I do that, when I am not in association with the congegation (other than by singing with it and listening to its program)?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

And to those that do post here, it is not necessary for this thread to have a huge response.

Those that post here in answer, be it one to three JW defenders, will have their say so. That's all I want.
    They can help us understand why they do what they do. (Well, the honest ones anyway.)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    What proof do you have?

...that WTS insists that "true Christians" stay away from websites that debate the Bible and WT doctrine?

If that's what you mean, I offer no proof. It's available in WT literature and at the DC.
    But go ahead and deny or confirm that "proof" exists or not. It's part of our understanding of JW defenders.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Can someone answer my questions in Post 895? Please!!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Spike, the only people who can answer your questions are your Watch Tower leaders as they are the ones who make the rules.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Can someone answer my questions in Post 895? Please!!

Why do you defend what they say when you don't know what they say?
    If you don't have a stack of WT literature or don't know how to find the proof,
    have JW's stop at your home. Order the stuff from them. Are you so remote that you have internet but no JW's to call on you?
    Or are you also, like Reniaa, not what you claim to be?

Nevermind, ignore the outburst above. Please just answer the questions.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

For Spike post #895

*** km 11/99 p. 3 par. 10 Use of the Internet—Be Alert to the Dangers! ***

Web Sites of "Jehovah’s Witnesses": Consider, for example, some Internet sites set up by individuals who claim to be Jehovah’s Witnesses. They invite you to visit their sites to read experiences posted by others who claim to be Witnesses. You are encouraged to share your thoughts and views about the Society’s literature. Some give recommendations about presentations that could be used in the field ministry. These sites offer chat rooms for individuals to connect to, allowing live communication with others, similar to talking on the telephone. They often point you to other sites where you can have on-line association with Jehovah’s Witnesses around the world. But can you tell for certain that these contacts have not been planted by apostates?

Having association via the Internet may not be consistent with the recommendation found at Ephesians 5:15-17. The apostle Paul wrote: "Keep strict watch that how you walk is not as unwise but as wise persons, buying out the opportune time for yourselves, because the days are wicked. On this account cease becoming unreasonable, but go on perceiving what the will of Jehovah is."

The Christian congregation is the theocratic means through which we are fed spiritually by "the faithful and discreet slave." (Matt. 24:45-47) Within God’s organization, we find direction and protection to keep us separate from the world as well as motivation to keep busy in the work of the Lord. (1 Cor. 15:58) The psalmist indicated that he experienced joy and a feeling of security among God’s congregated people. (Ps. 27:4, 5; 55:14; 122:1) The congregation also provides spiritual support and assistance for those associated with it. Therein, you can find a group of loving, concerned, and caring friends—people you personally know who are ready and willing to help and comfort others in times of distress. (2 Cor. 7:5-7) Congregation members are protected by the Scriptural provision for disfellowshipping those who sin unrepentantly or who promote apostate thinking. (1 Cor. 5:9-13; Titus 3:10, 11) Can we expect to find these same loving arrangements when associating with others via the Internet?

It has become apparent that the opposite is true. Some Web sites are clearly vehicles for apostate propaganda. Such Web sites may claim otherwise, and those who sponsor a site may give a detailed explanation to affirm that they truly are Jehovah’s Witnesses. They may even request information from you in order to verify that you are one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Jehovah wants you to exercise discernment. Why? Because he knows that it will safeguard you from various dangers. Proverbs 2:10-19 opens by saying: "When wisdom enters into your heart and knowledge itself becomes pleasant to your very soul, thinking ability itself will keep guard over you, discernment itself will safeguard you." Safeguard you from what? From such things as "the bad way," those leaving upright paths, and people who are immoral and devious in their general course.

When we go to the Kingdom Hall, there is no question that we are with our brothers. We know them. No one requires authentication of this because the brotherly love manifested makes it obvious. We are not personally required to provide credentials to prove that we truly are one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. It is here that we find the true interchange of encouragement that Paul spoke about at Hebrews 10:24, 25. Web sites that encourage on-line association cannot be depended on to provide this. Having in mind the words of Psalm 26:4, 5 can alert us to dangers that could easily be encountered when using Web sites on the Internet.

There are no limits or checks on the kind of information that is maintained by and accessible to Internet users. Often, children and teenagers are easy targets of crime and exploitation in this environment. Children are trusting, curious, and anxious to explore the relatively new world of cyberspace. Parents therefore need to supervise their children and give them sound Scriptural guidance about using the Internet, just as they would guide them in their choice of music or movies.—1 Cor. 15:33.

Sadly, some who were once our brothers and sisters have had to be disfellowshipped because of association that started by meeting worldly individuals in chat rooms on the Internet and eventually led to immorality. In shocked disbelief, elders have written that some had actually left their husbands or wives to pursue a relationship that began on the Internet. (2 Tim. 3:6) Other individuals have disowned the truth because of believing information provided by apostates. (1 Tim. 4:1, 2) Given these very serious dangers, does it not seem reasonable to be cautious about becoming involved in chat sessions on the Internet? Certainly, exercising the wisdom, knowledge, thinking ability, and discernment spoken of at Proverbs 2:10-19 should safeguard us in this.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Btw, I gave roughly 10 talks I think as an elder about the dangers of the internet, only to find out that the GB wants no one to see the dirty, sordid history of this cult exposed.

They have this point of view totally to protect their power. It is a CYA move, big time. There is not a legit religion or organization that will try to hide information about themselves from their flock. Only cults do this.

• cognac
    cognac
    Even if they are wrong, aren't you running ahead of them instead of waiting on Jehovah to reveal new light for you to come to these websites and "save us" or whatever it is you think you are doing here?

Crap, hope hubby isn't now scared off from coming to this website if he reads this...

If they are right, why are you disobedient?

I think he is simply because he sees that things are wrong but it hasn't clicked with him yet, that's all... I think its the same for most JWs that come here. They know that things seem off and they can't figure out why. So, they are drawn to this site. Even people who post for JWs... Think about it. If you post something for JWs on an apostate site, you are gonna get a bunch of people tell you why you are wrong. Then, it may clarify things for you a bit. So, you post something else for JWs. Again, another clarification. However, if they don't satisfy your answers, you can easily go back to JWs saying they were wrong all along and JWs were right and I stood up for what was right so my conscious is clean... People have a funny way of justifying things in there heads and can make themselves believe a lot. I guess its a way for people to question there own religion and justify it at the same time.

That's why it's important to try remember to respect eachother because we all have our own reasons for doing things. Even if everybody else can't figure it out for the life of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit