JW Defenders- Is WTS Right to Insist You Stay Away From these Websites?

by OnTheWayOut 307 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I believe in truth guided by a spirit of holiness. I am not concerned with errors that have been fixed. That to me shows repentance. I am interested in whatever is righteous and upbuilding and fair. Good manners and honest compliments are also nice to see.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Just like the Wizard of Oz said, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Spike

Wow, you just showed yourself a dyed in the wool indoctrinated member. Thanks for quoting EVERYTHING. That was exactly the point.

I just got off of work, and after a non nutritious dinner, I look forward to addressing your post. May I suggest though, next time, get your own copy of WT Library. It's probably available on a non approved website. Thats where I got mine....

• androb31
    androb31

"Spike Tassel (Post 907):— [Spike Tassel] is NOT one of Jehovah's Witnesses. So, I'm not "within" God's organization, nor am I allowed to be "associated" with it at this time. I'm not expecting "loving arrangements" nor do I "associate" with what is against my conscience, I oppose it, as peaceably as I can."

"I believe in truth guided by a spirit of holiness. I am not concerned with errors that have been fixed. That to me shows repentance. I am interested in whatever is righteous and upbuilding and fair. Good manners and honest compliments are also nice to see."

This is a little off of topic but it appears you are in a state of being ostracized by "God's organization" for some wrong doing? I'm not concerned with why but what I can't understand is the fact that every time the GB of JW's produces an erroneous teaching or doctrine that later has to be changed (but which causes pain and suffering on many) they are let off the hook by the JW's as "imperfect men". Even when they blame their mistakes on the flock.

Why is it when the tables are turned they do not extend the "lost sheep" the same convenience. Where's the JW's get out of jail free card when they make a mistake? When do you get to use the "imperfect men" excuse. Why are you so quick to dismiss everything done wrong by the organization in defending them yet they won't do the same when you're down and out?

• Mickey mouse
  • Atomahawk
    Atomahawk

Since the thread isn’t getting any bites by any true defenders, I figured I will tell my true life story (short version) for those that are lurking and curious about why the WTS takes the high ground regarding this and other sites out there.

Background: When I left the JW’s the internet wasn’t something common so one had to go through a lot of reading material to find answers to any questions. The Goal: I was looking for clarification concerning past events in the history of the organization, some doctrine changes etc. I was an MS and pioneer at the time.

Why?:It started with a comment that my Father in Law a JW elder who was miffed over something that happened at an elders meeting. He said “I should have left the organization in 1975 with the rest of them” I had no clue what he was talking about, but asked when he calmed down what he had meant since my JW experience began in the late 80’s. He showed me a bunch of old WT’s and literature regarding the date and explained what happened as he was in the truth in the early 60’s. Anyway, this made me curious regarding this and other prophetic dates, doctrine changes etc. Obviously when your sincere and honest to the truth you ask questions, especially when you feel that these are legitimate and feel will affirm your convictions.

The outcome: Hostility or “trying to find fault” (No just clarification) “Your drawing the wrong conclusions” (You know your not) “ Your reading to much into it” (This is the WT can’t you read?)“That’s not exactly what happened” (Strange that’s not what everyone else that was there say) oh and the classic “Satan is planting seeds of doubt” Needless to say you start to draw your own conclusions, mainly someone’s trying to hide something. I quickly learned they only wanted blind dedication, which reminded me of many other religions.

My point? I wish we had the internet then, it would have shaved a good 2 years off of my making the decision. If the GB & WTS say the media, internet, TV etc. is bad that’s because they have something to hide and that has nothing to do with TRUTH.

• Gordy
    Gordy

My testimony has over the years appeared on various websites, from Freeminds to CARM, and a few others, it even got translated into Italian for a Pentecostal website in Italy.

So in line with the subject about JWs and such "Christian/apostate" websites. Every so often I will get a letter from a JW that usuqally starts with the words "I saw your story on a website", then they proceed to tell me how wrong I am etc. Some throw in that I am going to die at Armageddon etc.

I always reply. Then usually finish with saying that they cannot be a very good JW as they are going against WT policy by looking at "apostate" websites. The odd one may reply saying the WT didn't say such a thing. I usually find some quotes from WT magazines, or Kingdom Ministry and send them back. I usually never hear from them again.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

OMG-

Is she freak*n married? (she speaks of adultery)

Some poor guy must be looking forward to his death.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

"preferred styles of communication" is what it seems to boil down to in my case. "On my own" is a lot more sensible, I can actually take my time and rework paragraphs on the computer, and talk about myself on my own terms. That makes sense to me. All the words are written down here, so I can go over everything. WIth a JC, I don't recall seeing that ever allowed. Oh, well. I'm serving Jehovah, just like each one in the JC do. I work at being peaceable and forgiving. It works for me, that's why I'm here, it's what makes sense, along with taking in what I can at the WT meetings and from the WT publications, and watching some TV.

• Jack Burton
    Jack Burton

Spike says---

I believe in truth guided by a spirit of holiness. I am not concerned with errors that have been fixed. That to me shows repentance. I am interested in whatever is righteous and upbuilding and fair. Good manners and honest compliments are also nice to see.

Maybe this is off topic, but what do you mean by "errors that have been fixed"? How can errors be fixed without admitting you were wrong in the first place? In my years of service as a pioneer and MS, I don't recall the WTS EVER admitting they were wrong. The blame somehow always gets pushed onto the rank and file. That doesn't show repentance, it shows arrogance.

If I give you wrong info, and you base major life decisions on that info, who is responsible? This just shows me why the WTS desperatley wants people not to use the internet.

That spells C U L T

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit