JW Defenders- Is WTS Right to Insist You Stay Away From these Websites?

by OnTheWayOut 307 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Spike, some think of my "humour" as more enematic, than enigmatic, but with "friends", like JW's who needs enemas?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

posting to uncover page 6

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

enemas are one way of "keeping regular", I suppose. Being an enigma is more my style, I think.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

perhaps an enema would help you spike. You are, after all, full of it.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Spike, did you know there's a "Prunedale Congregation of JW's" in Salinas, CA?

I wonder if they have any irregular publishers?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

the service committee there should know

• glenster
    glenster

The Bible has been tackled by about any angle of belief or non-belief by a
    huge number of people for nearly thousands of years.

So when the JWs leaders claim to be the only ones qualified to make the rules
    about it, that they're of a literal 144,000 of the Bible and that this
    exclusiveness is established by 12 or so rules that are substantiated by the
    best evidence and reasoning, common sense should tell you to hear both sides of
    the trial, and weigh evidence against gossip, before rendering judgment--and why
    the JWs leaders would discourage their customers from doing it.

It's not because they're the only ones who want you to believe in the Bible.

PS--I just replaced the dead links at my web site.
    http://gtw6437.tripod.com/

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

the debates took place around 100 years ago which led to the International Bible Students being chosen, who were renamed Jehovah's witnesses, who were then joined by the great crowd, and that group was renamed Jehovah's Witnesses. The history is well-described in the Proclaimers book.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

as per the WT...to the rest of the society that is cultic fables....the God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years books explains it better than the Proclaimers book.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

each society has its own perspective. I wasn't around when the "God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years" was being discussed in the congregation, so I'm unable to discuss whether I would consider its explanation better than that of the Proclaimers Book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit