**** Some people don't teach their children manners. Grrr. ****

by FlyingHighNow 277 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

This thread by MrsJones came to mind while reading this one

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/176096/1/Am-I-being-too-sensitive

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

"she fumed over not getting what SHE wanted."

"she is definitely crabby"

"You're the only one was pissed off"

"You are the one fuming."

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Hey pass me that popcorn, it's considered good manners to share!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Purple, I didn't say this lady's children were being rude. Her kids were being quiet. They are not the ones who made me want to open a discussion about this subject.

I can't force the woman to teach her children good manners. I said what I did about giving up chairs to adults because I strongly feel that any healthy child needs to know this. If the parents aren't going to teach their children this common courtesy, then others will. Teachers, etc. And even people at the library.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

We had some kid helping his dad pick out some pulltabs from a lotto machine. My co-worker told the dad that it's illegal for a child under the age of 18 to be playing with the lotto machine. He got pissed off and said, "I'm right f%#*ing here and he has my permission to pick out whatever game he wants!"

Co-worker still insists it's against the law and if the lotto rep were to walk in and see this, the company could lose their lotto license. He went off some more stating that she had no right to tell him as a father how to deal with his child, then he grabbed his kid and walked out the door.

Some parents shouldn't be parents if they're that stupid.

Yiz

• restrangled
    restrangled

Both my boys went to private school and public. I taught them at home but the private school cemented good manners.

One thing I can say about both of them,....they respect their elders in public and private.

Holding doors, giving up seats on a bus, in the home, etc. They are perfect gentelman, and that will never be held against them.

I am so proud of them when we go out together...

Good manners will take you a long way in life.

r.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Restrangled, that's wonderful. My grandson is very sweet and polite. He is human. At times he can be a typical 13 year old. I don't expect him to act like a little robot. I asked him a while ago, "Julian, if an adult walks up and there is no place to sit and you have a chair, what will you do? He said, "I'd offer my chair." My daughter taught him well.

Maybe the lady in the library wasn't taught about giving up chairs to adults. Or maybe she was and just forgot her manners. I mentioned what I was taught in a polite way. I gave her the "look" as my kids call it. It's not a mean look, just a "you know better than that" look. As I said from the start. The whole thing took me off guard. I hope I left the woman with something to think about. And I hope her older boy will think about it, too.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I had to give the computer to hubby. Has everyone kissed and made up yet?

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I kissed my wife today (lots of it), we have nothing to make up for. We love each other.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Josie, here's hoping the discussion will be more mannerly now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit