**** Some people don't teach their children manners. Grrr. ****

by FlyingHighNow 277 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Skully, I went to the deaf school in Chicago and I learned that it's good manners to give up my seat in a subway train to the elders, no matter what my age is. Irregardless if they are able bodied or not.

Yiz

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I did not say anything even remotely similar to what you are implying.

I beg to differ with you. And if you walk up to empty seats in a public place, placed there for adult library patrons, do you assume someone across the room needs to be asked if the seats are taken? I seriously doubt it, after reading your irrate responses to this thread about teaching manners to children.

Here is what you said.

I have taught them to open doors for and give up their seat to the elderly, the disabled, people carrying heavy loads, pregnant women and parents with children in tow. As far as I'm concerned, an able-bodied woman of the 21st century - especially one who is by all accounts my "equal" - can open a door, stand on her own two feet or find another place to sit. Goodness knows we've fought for equality for decades, and yet we complain when men have "double standards", so let's not have our own double standards and expect deference and special privileges because of our gender.
  • Scully
    Scully

LyingLowNow

I think I'll call you that, since you don't have the respect or manners to spell my name correctly. Or maybe you're just too self-absorbed to be bothered.

Skully, you must be under A LOT of stress. We really hit a sore spot with you.

No, you haven't hit a sore spot with me. And no, I'm not under a lot of stress. I simply cannot believe you came on this forum and started bashing a complete stranger who pissed you off. This topic has nothing to do with an exJW forum, and everything to do with you being an attention whore.

Carry on.

• musky
    musky

I was in the checkout line at the library the other day, and a elderly (upper 80's) woman skipped right in front of me. And upon leaving, She so nicely let the door slam on me. I also had a elderly lady bump her cart into me at the checkout of a grocery store in an effort to get me to hurry up.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wow, it's FHN's thread for goodness sake. If she wants to talk about a rude mother so be it. I think Scully you're taking this a little too personal.

Josie

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

When I'm on a bus or train, I ask everyone how old they are and if they are even a day younger than me, I demand that they give me their seat.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

In keeping with skullys remarks that FHN did not take into consideration what the womans motives were, only that she was rude, could be an assumption as FHN is assuming that Skully must be under A LOT of stress and a sore spot was hit for her to express her opinion as she did.

I find that I get myself into binds with others when I judge and assume what and where there behaviour is coming from. Trust me I can do it allot and have to think before I react. When I react negatively, I kick myself for awhile or bitch about the others behaviour to make my behviour reaction seem better than theirs.

purps

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    No, you haven't hit a sore spot with me. And no, I'm not under a lot of stress. I simply cannot believe you came on this forum and started bashing a complete stranger who pissed you off. This topic has nothing to do with an exJW forum, and everything to do with you being an attention whore.Carry on.

Said by a true lady, displaying impeccable manners. Pay attention: I misspell many words. I make a lot of typos, too. Please take your seething anger out in some healthier way, like taking a walk or maybe buy a punching bag.

I am very glad we can discuss a variety of subjects here at JWN.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

lol and a snicker, I swear I snickered @ six

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Purple, read all of her posts to this thread.

Thank you, Mrs. Jones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit