**** Some people don't teach their children manners. Grrr. ****

by FlyingHighNow 277 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    May "common courtesy" never become old fashioned or out dated !!!

I agree. Courtesy is a seemingly small matter that teaches children big social/life skills.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Odrade, you are certainly entitled to your own feelings and opinions.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Wow, I just finished the whole thread. Well, at least we know now that your rudeness and entitlement isn't limited to women and children in Public Libraries. Scully, I agree 100%. Children should be taught manners, but they shouldn't be required to be doormats. FHN, you did NOT need those seats, no matter how much you protest that you had to examine your 7 books sitting down in a particular chair. You had no right to demand that you be able to evict them from their spots.

I suppose when you go to the food court you expect the mothers to vacate their tables for you, since you are an "adult" and every child must give up their seats for you? Maybe when you go to the park, you expect nannies and their charges to give you the park benches and picnic tables so you don't have to walk to another one?

Okay, now go ahead and accuse me of menopause or being on my period. Because that seems to be the appropriate defense.

Of course, if you had EIGHT books to examine, you might have had a point.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Well I can't see she owns the area, her kids were not all there at one time. They were busy looking at books. Besides she could have dragged some chairs in from the kiddy area....so making lots of chairs. Kids do not sit still they wander around looking most of the time.

I imagine all you needed was one bloody chair in the first place you were not asking for all of them...

h4o

• caliber
    caliber

It's all simple school bus manners... one person one seating spot , if someone needs a seat..you're on the inside seat

you move over to allow them to sit down...even a child can understand this (maybe, hopely ? )

Manners on the School Bus

Book Description:

Why do we need to whisper in the library, raise a hand in class, or chew with our mouths closed? Early readers will have fun learning the "hows" and "whys" of being polite and courteous through these colorfully illustrated, engaging texts.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thanks, Hope and Caliber. Yes, I only needed one chair. There were six choices of places for the two other children to sit in the area. The lady wanted all six of the remaining places for two of her kids.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Changing your story now? Boy you really ARE a victim.

"sofa, 2 comfychairs and ottomons. I walked up, to find a woman with a child leaning on her, sitting on the sofa. I noticed a backpack lying on the floor. I went to sit down and the woman says, while gesturing her hand & arm around the area, "Uh, we have this whole area. I have four kids and we need the whole (long, big enough for three more kids) sofa and those two chairs."

So there were 5 individuals, and two chairs with ottoman, and one sofa. Sounds like 5 seats to me. Sounds like 5 people to me. (Or are you changing your story now and claiming she was using 9 actual seats for 5 people? ) Sounds like she and her family were there first. Sounds like there were other places for you to sit, but you wanted to get your dig in first because the lady didn't want to take her whole family and go somewhere else for YOUR convenience.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Okay, now go ahead and accuse me of menopause or being on my period. Because that seems to be the appropriate defense.

Either that or I could call you something genteel like attention whore or emphatically accuse you of deliberately misspelling my name.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Well, it would be in character, wouldn't it? By the way, I agree 100% with (****)EVERYTHING(****) Scully said.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes, Odrade. One mother, two current children, one walking up and one absent for one sofa, a very long one, two ottomans and two chairs. The sofa was large enough for several adults. Very simple math. I guess you want to turn it into a mathmatics thread now. Please, go hijack someone else's thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit