**** Some people don't teach their children manners. Grrr. ****

by FlyingHighNow 277 Replies latest jw friends

• musky
    musky

"I've told you before Gregor, just because you wipe your boogers in your books doesn't mean others do."

Gregor, which library was that you said you went to?

Chalk one up for buying new. Lol

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

FHN. You have a PM.

We can fight about it if ya like. :p

• lola28
    lola28

Ah well eventually they will find some one else to bitch at

Lola

• Gregor
    Gregor

Not only am I not a book boogerer, more than once I have de-boogered a library book page by getting something to flick it off with.

I was a regular book borrower from many librarys and I will probably borrow again. I have been able to afford books for several years and like to keep books I like, especially non fiction. I remember one little neighborhood library that had a big impact on my early years. It was the Municiple Mucus Libary in Dried Snot, California.

Hope this is not considered hijacking.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

No, you're not hijacking. You are educating. I have never found one of those in a library book. That is amazing.

• Scully
    Scully

this is really not a complex, world changing issue.

And yet, you chose to post about it. If it's "not a complex, world changing issue," then why bother, but for the attention you wish to garner?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't think any threads here could be considered "world changing". Does that mean we should all stop posting? Or is FHN being singled out for some odd reason?

W

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

what amuses me about this thread is that it got 14 pages, 3600 page views, in 2 days.

I have not read all of the responses, I really have other things to do...lol.

I did read Jackie's comments from earlier. Personally, I do not have children (yet). I would not even think to tell another parent how to raise their children. Not even my GF's 8 year old son. I guess in our case is that we will be living together soon and she wants my input because it directly impacts me and how I deal with her son.

In FHN's opening post, I guess I wouldnt have seen a problem if FHN had taken an otherwise empty seat and the adult objected. I would not have made any judgement comments about "knowing better"...I would have only said that it is 1 seat per patron and that I was taking my seat. Though the woman had no right to cordon off an entire AREA, she had the right to save 1 seat per child and herself. That would have been the limit of my comment.

Of course, if such an obnoxious person was there, I would probably not have even bothered with her. If I wanted a seat and she was taking all of them and there were no other ADULT seats around I would either a) taken a seat and said nothing to the seat hog b) said something to library staff and let them deal with the seat hog or c) leave.

The only way I am intervening in the way a stranger parent is dealing with their kids is if the kid is in danger or if the kid is directly being a pain in my ass.

Snakes ()

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Meanwhile I laid down in my garden, amongst the flowers, staring at the eternal blue sky and felt ants tickle my butt.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

big tex:

Meanwhile I laid down in my garden, amongst the flowers, staring at the eternal blue sky and felt ants tickle my butt.

really puts it in perspective doesn't it? If the worst thing that happened to me was what the OP described, I would consider that a good day.

Funny, without an internet discussion board, how far would this discussion have gone? I guess that reflects society in general. Good or distubing depending on your view.

Snakes ()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit