Just my 2 Cents.......Go ahead and FLAME AWAY.....I won't reply

by scrapmama777 161 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird
    What a diverse group of incredibly intelligent people!

Don't you know it!

I'm sure that's why the WTS is as nervous as a pregnant cat.

Sylvia

• beksbks
    beksbks

I thought it was nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    Yes, to the person who posted all the points about my meeting attendence and such not being what it should be, I am not a strong witness as some are, but that does not mean that I will stop putting my faith in Jehovah. Nice try! : )

No one said any of us have stopped putting their faith in Jehovah, we have however stopped putting our faith in an organization.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Bek, that, too.

ScrapMama, thanks for replying. I wish you would stay awhile.

It'll be good to have you.

We could split a watermelon together, figuratively speaking, of course.

Sylvia

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I would like you to stay, also, Scrapmama. And I like the idea of splitting a watermelon. I'd love to do that right now. It's hot here in Atlanta.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Scrapmama, whether you choose to post or not again is up to you. But thanks anyway for coming on and voicing YOUR opinions, and replying to ours in a civil manner. If you take away one thing from this, let it be this: "apostates" were once just like you, and some of us ARE you, in a sense. Everyone has doubts. The only question is how long you can live with them.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I'm glad you stayed long enough to read our replies. You are right, everyone is entitled to their opinion and to air their views. Here's the problem: The WBTS does not grant you or I that right. If it were to be known that you or I or Billy (of the X Bethelite and still an elder variety) were associating with the disfellowshipped and dissasociated people here, we would be cast out too. The opinions of the people here don't count, because we're all dead to Jehovah (according to the organization anyway).

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks for apologizing ,,But what about 1914 do you believe Jesus came then???
    I LOVE Jehovahs Witness's especially Annmarie ( my daughter)
    & Heather ( grand daughter who must not talk to me because I dont believe in the 1914 theory..
    That was nice of you to come back and do that. Guess you do know MY GOD!!!
    That is JESUS, Who the Father said LISTEN to MY SON>>>>http://exjw.weebly.com/
    Thanks again ......If you know my daughter or Grand kid can you tell me how they are PLEASE!!!!
    I'm 82 & wont be on this place to much longer...

• cognac
    cognac

Thanks for posting again Scrapmomma!!! I'm a mommy myself!!! (A new one though)...

Anyways, when I first came on here, I simply had a lot of questions. You can read me first post here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/150312/1/Im-a-Pioneer-Married-To-a-Wonderful-Brother-Reaching-Out-to-be-an-MS

I just wanted to point out my first post because it wasn't the flaws that bothered me. It was life and death issues and life altering events that were a major issues for me that I couldn't work out in my mind.

If it was simply flaws, I would still be a JW and simply wait on Jehovah to work them out. After all, we are all imperfect!!!

I hope you break your rule and post again. I look forward to hearing from you!!!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I have to say that you are all the most close minded people I have EVER run across.

And you aren't? Have you made any effort to understand the people on here, or why they feel the way they do about the organization? Have you investigated any of their claims, or simply followed your JW training and dismissed them as lying apostates? Not very open-minded of you.

The Morman’s follow the guidelines set forth by Joseph Smith because Jesus Christ appeared before him in 1820. Joseph Smith was also an imperfect man, yet his followers are not called a cult or at least not that I am aware of.

Yes they are, actually. But since this is a website for ex-jws, they aren't talked about nearly as much.

When will the end come? Only Jehovah knows. I do not set my hopes on any particular time and I don’t know if it will be in my lifetime or the next.

Good for you. If only the WT leaders had that same attitude. They have repeatedly set dates for the end of the world. Many of us have been deceived, and our lives deeply affected because of it. What is worse, they condemn other religions as false prophets for doing the same. This makes them hypocrites. They hold themselves up as being God's one true organization, but don't hold themselves to the same standards of truth as they do other religions.

And they SHOULD be commended for their efforts to remain moral in the wicked world that surrounds them. Most religions/faith’s strive for at least that.

Yes they do. Unfortunately, the majority of JWs don't share your viewpoint. They believe that you are only moral if you are a JW. All other religions/faiths are part of the wicked world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit