Just my 2 Cents.......Go ahead and FLAME AWAY.....I won't reply

by scrapmama777 161 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

You decided to keep posting!

I can't wait until tomorrow to see what topic you choose to discuss!

Remember we all disagree sometimes but talking about things is still fun and educational!

• trebor
    trebor

Hi scrapmama,

Welcome to the forum...

I hope to see more posts from you, and thank you for sharing your story.

Please continue to research and study!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I am not a strong witness as some are, but that does not mean that I will stop putting my faith in Jehovah.

That's a good point. If you're able to, try and disentangle God from the Organisation. They are, in fact, very separate.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I don't get it.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Hi Scrapmama,

Not everyone on here hates JW’s. I still have a few friends who are still in. But there are quite a few of us here that have seen through the organisation and know that the ‘truth’ is not the truth. You don’t fit in with the ‘world’ but you can’t fit in the organisation anymore with what we have found out, so we tend to hang around here for a little bit.

Most people are really friendly I have found. You might want to try mixing a little bit more. I have met personally a few posters on here and they are the best kind of people you could meet.

Hope you can stick around……

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I knew she was still here...we're irresistible

• minimus
    minimus

Scrapmama, I just want to say, you sound ok to me. I think your defense mechanism kicked in and that's understandable.

There are many types of personalities here---just like in a Hall. Not everyone will be your cup of tea but I think as a whole, we're pretty honest and many of us have been in for decades or raised in the "Truth". You seem to be open to healthy criticism. I truly respect that. Welcome to JWN.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

scrapmama777- i started here by accident as well. this site has been a valuable asset when it comes to dealing with things that i have issues with when it comes to being a jw. i was always told that there is two sides to every story, you have to take both, pull out all the information, formalize it, and make the best decision from that. what i have learned and experienced from being here has answered many of the questions that i had and raised new ones. has it strengthened my faith in God? in Jesus? yes! has it helped me appreciate the faults and issues with the organization? yes. but it also made me realize much of what i already knew. that if this is an organization directed by God, then why so many issues and flip flops, why so much hurt and pain for so many in and out? Sit back, enjoy the ride, and keep an open mind when looking at both sides of the issue.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy and welcome.

You strike me as a rather open-minded person. Good for you, I mean that truly.

I think people leave the Witnesses because they've found a reason that means something to them, or an evil that permeates the organization touches them. In my case it was the latter. I mean no disrespect toward you when I use the word “evil” but in my view the teaching that a child must have 2 eyewitnesses to “prove” they were raped is evil. This is why I left.

And yet I was able to produce 2 relatives who were prepared to testify to the elders about my father and grandfather had done. The elders, and the circuit overseer, disallowed it because “you know how worldly people lie”.

At any rate, may I ask you a question? What did a faithful Israelite do during the reign of one of the bad kings? I mean, how did that faithful Israelite worship Jehovah? He could not go to the temple (Kingdom Hall) as it was being used by Jehovah’s organization to burn children alive, in the worship of false gods. This faithful Israelite could not fully follow the Mosaic Law as the priests (elders) were no longer correctly teaching what Jehovah wanted.

In other words, Jehovah’s organization, not the faithful Israelite, had turned apostate and evil. And this was an organization that had prophets and miracles and yet turned its back completely on Jehovah. So again, what did that Israelite do? I submit he followed his conscience, lived his life to the best of his ability and left the rest up to God. I also submit he showed more faith and more trust in an invisible God than those who had structure and priests and laws and the temple.

If it happened then, why could it not happen now?

Just a thought.

Be well,

Chris

• LouBelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit