Why is Jesus kept side stage ?

by iknowall558 178 Replies latest watchtower bible

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

@lurk3r no worries have been lapping up the fervour......

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi hobo ken

good point but I think it's one the bible answers since they came across it before.

1 Corinthians 8:4-6 (New International Version)

4 So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that there is no God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"), 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

The worship we give Almighty God Jehovah is unique because he is the ONE God but Jesus is his son and deserves respect, praise, obedience, bowing even as we would our king and saviour, our high priest and One who is so like his father said to be his image but an image is never the original and so all this honour we give Jesus is different than the worship we give the One God.

One thing I've learned doing these forums is trinity is just a word that hides Jesus worship. When it comes to God there can be only one and that is shown by whom we acknowledge as such. I see very often when people start Putting Jesus in God's place they quickly drop Jehovah's name and he becomes and after-thought in their lifes thrown out in favour to Jesus.

We just had the memorial but is it a remembrance or an act of worship to Jesus? Is that what he intended?

I do not mind that most of my scriptures have been ignored on here especially the ones that show only the Father is acknowledged as God but I suppose it is to be expected.

d

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

We just had the memorial but is it a remembrance or an act of worship to Jesus? Is that what he intended?

reniaa, Jesus did say "do this in remembrance of me". He didn't say "do this in remembrance of Jehovah".

• reniaa
    reniaa

lurk3r three wants a swap of verbal rhetoric with no substance beyond stated opinion as fact, he calls me ignorant with no basis for saying other than he disagrees with my opinion. he doesn't like me using scripture on a bible-based discussion which is weird. Since as a witness I am taught scripture inspired of God is were Gods truth is and I agree with this.

When I take the whole bible in Context I see clearly that there can be only one True God and that is Jehovah/YHVH but his son Jesus/yeshua/ieous is still my beloved leader and saviour. :)

John 17:3 (New King James Version)

3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Aw Reniaa! The Bible calls Jehovah Lord too! How can he be Lord when Jesus is Lord and vice versa.

PLUS...! You still haven't answered my question about what Paul assumed about Jesus when he was inspired to write to the Ephesians.

• ninja
    ninja

is Jehovah Lord Ren?.........it says there is only one Lord....Jesus

• ninja
    ninja

ok guys......here we go again...................let's get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmbllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeee.....can't believe I got myself involved there

• reniaa
    reniaa

good morning quietly leaving fair point but is the memorial a place we should only talk on Jesus and not acknowledge God? Jesus himself mentioned God at the Passover.

Matthew 26:29 (New International Version)

29 I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom."

Luke 22:27-30 (New International Version)

27 For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who is at the table? But I am among you as one who serves. 28 You are those who have stood by me in my trials. 29 And I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

As a witness the memorial I find is focussed on Jesus and his annointed as indeed the accounts are too but I see nowhere that indicates it is forbidden to mention God at it and as I showed Jesus always talks on his father in all things he does. I think it is a misdirection to try and make some kind of definite on what should or shouldn't be said at the memorial accept acknowlege the covenant with Jesus and done in remembrance of his sacrifice which I think Witnesses do amply.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Password ninja hmm the Lord argument is very week I'm surprised you bring it to the table?

Laying aside that nearly 7000 times on hebrew scriptures Lord is totally unscriptually used instead of YHWH.

It is Jehovah to confer honour and he gave the title of Lord to Jesus and although jehovah is called Lord because it is a title many can use and in fact Lord in the bible is used on many kings etc the special title of being the Lord is given to Jesus.

1 Corinthians 8:6
    yet for us there is but oneGod, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but oneLord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

this scripture explains it better than I can.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Oh Reniaa, you're now being ridiculous.

What did Paul assume about Jesus when he wrote Ephesians?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit