Why is Jesus kept side stage ?

by iknowall558 178 Replies latest watchtower bible

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

double post

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

hi password

Still going through the archives to dig up any dirt, a fruitless exercise that says more about the digger than what he finds.

Reniaa, what it says is that the Watch Tower Society's legal charter - which you, as a JW, are still bound by - stated that Jesus Christ has to be worshiped. What does this say about me? Nothing! It says everything about the leaders you choose to obey; they disfellowship people for saying Jesus has to be worshipped, while knowing full well that this belief is part of their legal charter.

As for calling it the archives, what does the date it was published matter if it still is in force? I mean, the Bible's pretty old, right?

And as for saying that the contents of the legal charter are dirt, well...you better wash your mouth out with soap and water.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi boyzone

because of his usage! Password mentions it to make a point for a personal agenda without giving any details of why it is so, it could be an old skeleton from when they were still under the trinity lie and throwing off the bonds of wrong teachings who knows but I know what I am taught and it is not that however dated it is.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Reniaa, please show me a verse in the New Testament where the name Jehovah is used in worship. Please show me a verse where Jesus uttered the name Jehovah.

I'm very confident in praying to my Heavenly Father, because that's who Jesus said I should pray to.

Again, verses in the Bible, the New Testament, that back up your personal veneration of the name Jehovah, please. Thanks.

• boyzone
  • passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Reniaa, the Watch Tower legal charter that I refer to was last updated in 1945. I'm assuming the 'evil' trinity dogma that so terrifies you had been purged from the Watch Tower's worship by then.

So, what possible agenda could I have in refering to it?

You say Jesus isn't to be worshipped. I say that the Watch Tower's legal charter, which you're bound by as a baptised Witness, says he should be worshipped.

So, which is it?

• sacolton
    sacolton

The Greek word for worship that is used in all the above verses is proskuneo. Obviously, the NKJV chose to translate this word as worship. The New World Translation (NWT), however, chose to translate this word as obeisance (honor, respect) in all the above verses. What becomes interesting about the NWT, is that whenever the same Greek word, proskuneo, is used in relation to the Father, the translators translated it as worship, even though they rendered it differently in relation to Jesus. (This can be verified by looking in the Watchtower’s own Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures.) Is this a double standard? Is the NWT justified in translating this word 2 different ways; as obeisance to Jesus and as worship to the Father?

The testimony of the New Testament is clear: Jesus accepted worship. Obviously, this says a whole lot about His identity. If Jesus is not equal to the Father, like the Watchtower teaches, then He is guilty of blasphemy in the first degree. But, if He is God manifested in the flesh, He then rightly is laudable of all our praise and worship. No wonder why Jesus said, “ .... in order that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He that does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him”. (John 5:23)

• boyzone
    boyzone

Reniaa

Seems to me if the Charter is still in effect, then Password has used it correctly and has made a valid point.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Hi Reniaa, I've got a few scriptures from God's inspired Word, the Bible, which show the importance of the name Jesus. Here's my challenge. Match these scriptures with ones that show that the name Jehovah should receive the level of veneration you choose to give it.

Bear in mind these scriptures are from the Christian Greek scriptures and refer to how the 1st C Christians did things and the name they venerated.

- Miraculous signs evidenced in the name of Jesus (Mark 16:17; Acts 4:30)

- Hated for bearing the name of Jesus (Matt. 10:22; 24:9)

- Hope in the name of Jesus (Matt. 12:21)

- Whoever receives a little child in Jesus name receives Jesus (Matt. 18:5)

- Encouraged to gather together in the name of Jesus (Matt. 18:20)

- Great eternal reward for those who have made great sacrifices for the name of Jesus (Matt. 19:29)

- Evil spirits cast out in the name of Jesus (Mark 9:38-39; Acts 16:18)

- Demons subjected to the name of Jesus (Luke 10:17)

- Address the Father in Jesus name (John 14:13-14; 15:16; 16:23-24)

- The Holy Spirit sent in the name of Jesus (John 14:26)

- Witnesses to the name of Jesus (Acts 1:8)

- Baptised in the name of Jesus (Acts 2:38; 8:16; 10:48)

- Healed in the name of Jesus (Acts 3:6-10)

- Faith in the name of Jesus (Acts 3:16)

- The name of Jesus is the only name that salvation is found in (Acts 4:10-12)

- Threatened by hostile religious authorities not to speak in the name of Jesus (Acts 4:17-18; 5:28, 40)

- The apostles rejoiced at being counted worthy of suffering for the name of Jesus (Acts 5:41)

- The early Christians called upon the name of Jesus (Acts 9:14, 21; 1 Cor. 1:2) and even prayed directly to Jesus (Acts 7:59)

- The name of Jesus bore before gentiles, kings, and the sons of Israel (Acts 9:15)

- Christians suffered for the name of Jesus (Acts 9:16)

- Speak boldly in the name of Jesus (Acts 9:27-28)

- Forgiveness of sins in the name of Jesus (Acts 10:43)

- Christians risk their lives for the name of Jesus (Acts 15:26)

- The name of Jesus magnified and glorified (Acts 19:17; 2 Thess. 1:12)

- Paul was willing to die for the name of Jesus (Acts 21:13)

- Opponents show hostility to the name of Jesus (Acts 26:9)

- Washed, sanctified and justified in the name of Jesus (1 Cor. 6:11)

- The name of Jesus is the name above every name (Eph. 1:21; Phil. 2:9)

- Give thanks for all things in the name of Jesus (Eph. 5:20)

- Whatever we do, do it in the name of Jesus (Col. 3:17)

- Jesus’ name more excellent than that of any angel (Heb. 1:4)

- God’s command is to believe in the name of Jesus (1 John 3:23)

- Persevere, endure, and hold fast to the name of Jesus (Rev. 2:3, 13)

• sacolton
    sacolton

Maybe Reniaa is an apostate thinker.

Also, before Stephen was killed, he prayed "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" Why didn't he pray to Jehovah? This is not a mystery to Christians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit