Why is Jesus kept side stage ?

by iknowall558 178 Replies latest watchtower bible

• reniaa
    reniaa

password

your questions I am not avoiding but they are not applicable unless you can proof that moses was somehow faulty in using Gods name and that from hebrew scripture to greek God changed his mind on using his name! prove this and I will answer your questions. until then I accept fully that the bible I use which includes the hebrew scriptures and so has Gods full sanction to use his name! As inspired scripture the hebrew books are applicable and as the scripture I showed Jesus sanctioned too.

wobble

nice rhetoric but little substance.

Password you are obscuring the fact the bible has many instances were prophecy on jah can be fulfilled by those in his employ so to speak and still said to be done by him. Jesus is not called the mediator for nothing 'through whom' prophecy is fulfilled.

• ninja
    ninja

welcome to bible ping pong everyone....with your commentator for the evening.....ninja

leeets get readyyyy to rumbellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

• reniaa
    reniaa

sacolton Jesus fulfilled many prophecies and was predicted as our saviour and the one whose ransom we gain the free gift of eternal life erm were is the issue Jws do preach this?

despite your rhetoric they never say eternal life is from anyone other than Jesus but they do say that it is more than just believing in Jesus and quote the bible in this the well known calling on the lord scripture where doing the will of the father is counted as being a mark of his people. lol forgot it atm a little tired and have to go soon.

I noticed my headship scripture was ignored lets quote it again and see if anyone will dare to acknowledge the truth of it!

1 Corinthians 11:3
    Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

and how about this one

Luke 18:18-19 (New International Version)

18 A certain ruler asked him, "Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

19 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone.

it's foolishness to make Jesus anything But God's son and our king and saviour.

Romans 3:4
    Not at all! LetGod be true, and every man a liar. As it is written: "So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge."

good night guys

Reniaa

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Reniaa...you keep ducking this one.

C'mon, as the OP said, you've got the true religion, you've got the Bible all laid out and explained in front of you.

I wasn't asking you a question, I was asking you to cite me scriptures where the use of Jehovah was part of 1st C Christian life. I'm assuming that you're failure to do so means that the name Jehovah played no part of 1st C Christian life, as recorded in God's Word of Truth, the Bible.

Ok, next point, and this time it is a question;

What did Paul assume about Jesus (and this is actually on-topic as the OP has asked about the WTS sidelining of Jesus)?

Ephesians 4:8 Wherefore he says: “When he ascended on high he carried away captives; he gave gifts [in] men.” 9 Now the expression “he ascended,” what does it mean but that he also descended into the lower regions, that is, the earth? 10 The very one that descended is also the one that ascended far above all the heavens, that he might give fullness to all things.

Psalms 68:18 You have ascended on high;

You have carried away captives;

You have taken gifts in the form of men,
    Yes, even the stubborn ones, to reside [among them], O Jah God .

So, please, help me understand what it was that Paul assumed about Christ. Then we can move on to why the Watch Tower Society - and you - assume the exact opposite.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Password you are obscuring the fact the bible has many instances were prophecy on jah can be fulfilled by those in his employ so to speak and still said to be done by him. Jesus is not called the mediator for nothing 'through whom' prophecy is fulfilled.

So how do we decide when Jesus is merely fulfilling as part of his 'employment' to Jehovah and when he is actually the one to whom the verse pointed to? Tricky.

Also, you talk about Jesus being mediator. But he's not your mediator, is he?

Seriously, Reniaa, I can do this all night. It's Saturday tomorrow. I don't need to be up early for field service.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Reniaa, Jesus said in John 5 - as quoted by sacolton - that we have to go to him for life. Why is that so confusing to you? Why do you have to second guess the Word of God made flesh and check what the Watch Tower Society currently interprets Jesus' words as meaning?

That's just mental.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Reniaa.

Your actions here indicate your a sidestepping little harlot. Harsh words I know, considering I don't know you, but you are bottom of the barrel. What disgusts me most about your "approach", is it runs 100% contrary to your sworn allegience, the "Slave". How dare you come here and show your true colors and yet indentify yourself as a Witness. Your giving the rest of them such a terrible name in doing such...how can you bear it?

You are here for NO OTHER REASON than to tell everyone they are wrong, and at the heart of it, makes you a hypocrite, as you are unable to examine yourself. In typical fashion, you skirt the questions that contradict "your" viewpoints, and move on to that in which you are comfortable. You are unable to acknowledge the faults in which you yourself are a part of, in being so closed with regards the very aspects that could make you so very strong...set an example for the rest of your brothers if you wish to remain with them in proper spirit. Lean on Jehovah, by doing what he says and remove yourself from where he tells you NOT TO BE. Live the life before you preach it...otherwise no one is going to listen to your attempts of present futility.

I can't remember the last verse of last nights closing song...but your doing it. Your putting your "brothers" before Jesus, and making yourselves ALL look bad.

Quit pissing in our ears, and telling us it's raining.

lrkr

lurk3r

I have only one thing to say to you and your abusive unchristian words.

Matthew 7:5 (New International Version)

5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Could you please just put your bible down for a minute and have a rational conversation? You have a lengthy retort to everything that you don't agree with, yet your scripture here has no bearing on my statements. I'm sorry for referring to as a harlot, as I bear you no ill will. I am flabbergasted with your approach though. . . With all due disrespect towards you and you alone, the vast majority of JW's live in ignorance; your ignorance is within your psyche as a result of being here, and you KNOW now. Your condoning the leading of a double life by this. You swear by the slave, yet ignore the advice given, yet you call my words unchristian. Whatever happened to actions speak louder than words?

I bear ya no ill will, and I hope you are able to hold your mental stability in place.

lrkr

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

@Reniaa Hebrews 1:6 " But when he again brings his firstborn into the inhabited earth he says: "let all gods angels do obeisance to him"

This is how it is presented in the NWT today. In the original version (Kingdom Interlinear)printed in 1969 , the word "worship" was used in the verse.

Now it only appears in the footnote in the reference bible (NWT). It is there to see none the less.

Glad to see theres a lot of healthy debate going on. Need to say that Reniaa seems to be farting against the wind with her desperate attempts to refute the JWS denegrating Jesus' position.

Need to applaud you all for the amount of effort in posting evidence to show otherwise. You guys are the "full cup of coffee" and she's bumped into you making it all come spilling out. Will use some of the info for the in laws.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

sorry to rant on your thread Iknowall....no disrespect intended. Guess this could be considered hijacking. Truth be known I couldnt hold it anymore, and already used my Topic thread.

lrkr

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

@ RENIAA I would like to approach this slightly differently......Reniaa said "Jesus is her KING and saviour", which is true.

However I have some simple points to make to you.

What is a God?

A divine being that one worships right?

Firstly is Jesus described as a God in the Bible?

Yes! The book of Isaiah says he is a mighty God.

What about 1st C christians, Which god did they regard as their own?

Titus 2;13 says "We are awaiting the revealing of the great GOD and saviour of us" This is Jesus, even although the NWT tries to distort it to make it appear to be speaking of God AND Jesus. The Greek word Epiphanea means "revealing". Ask yourself Reniaa when does Jehovah get revealed to man on earth? Never.

Also 2 peter 1;1 says that Jesus is also again "our God and saviour".

Thomas called Jesus "My God" at John 20;28.

There are your "three witnesses" Reniaa. Thomas , Paul and Peter plus the testimony from Isaiah.

Does Jesus reieve worship?

Yes!. Hebrews 1; 6 says he is to be worshipped by all the angels. The angels worship him but we dont?

So we have a God on our hands that gets worshipped by 1 century Christians and the Angels but NOT by "the only true Christians" on earth today?

The Bible says that there is only one true God right?

Is Jesus a false God that would preclude him from being worshipped?

I would hope not.

Then we could rightly describe him as a true God.

Yes God the father has headship over Christ, who even the JW Bible calls God, so what? Jesus is Divine , it's in the Bible .End of.

H. K.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit