Why is Jesus kept side stage ?

by iknowall558 178 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sacolton
    sacolton

Matthew 4:10
    Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' "

Oh, Reniaa, Satan wanted Jesus to worship him. Don't twist the scriptures.

• reniaa
    reniaa
    proskuneÑw from (4314) and a probable derivative of (2965) (meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand)
    Transliterated WordPhonetic Spelling
    Proskuneo pros-koo-neh'-o
    Parts of SpeechTDNT
    Verb 6:758,948
    Definition
    1. to kiss the hand to (towards) one, in token of reverence
    2. among the Orientals, esp. the Persians, to fall upon the knees and touch the ground with the forehead as an expression of profound reverence
    3. in the NT by kneeling or prostration to do homage (to one) or make obeisance, whether in order to express respect or to make supplication
      1. used of homage shown to men and beings of superior rank
        1. to the Jewish high priests
        2. to God
        3. to Christ
        4. to heavenly beings
        5. to demons

as you can see from the greek lexicon Jw's are not lying when they show the word that is used and translated can have many different meanings inc worship and only obesiance depending on context. but this is for more learned People than I to debate.

For me I take my cue from Jesus who is not my God but my king, saviour and Lord as I was taught to view him by Jw's, second only to God through whom all go even in prayer to Almighty God Jehovah.

Jesus says the true worshipers will be marked by worshiping the father in spirit and truth as I quoted above and to be honest I cannot see how you get around this scripture unless you just ignore it so as to allow yourselves to worship Jesus as God.

2. jamiebowers
        jamiebowers

Because the gb wants the worship for themselves.

3. sacolton
        sacolton

Reniaa, what do you think of Thomas saying, "My Lord and my God"? Did Jesus correct him? No, he said “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

4. reniaa
        reniaa

Hi Marcel,

I'm not anti-establishment and have no problem with leaders and they keeping the unity in teaching, it is their job as per biblical instructions.

Hebrews 13:17
        Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.

hi parakeet

And yet it is the Jws that won't allow their followers to kill each other in wars adhering to Jesus's words in this, unlike other christian faiths that happily do this even blessing both sides for victory, turn the other cheek are fine biblical words but only rhetoric if not back up by action.

hi password

Still going through the archives to dig up any dirt, a fruitless exercise that says more about the digger than what he finds.

hi sacolton

yes he is talking to Satan and I quoted that from the NIV bible and used that bit but the point I am making is Jesus himself is showing it is to God who we should serve only and worship.

5. passwordprotected
        passwordprotected

It's of note that the Watch Tower Society has stated that at no point in the Bible is Jesus refered to as "the God". Why would they tell such a lie when in John 20:28 Jesus is called, by Thomas, "ho theos" - the God?

Reniaa, just because there are losts of meaning of proskuneo doesn't mean that Jesus shouldn't be worshiped. Paul and Peter refused proskuneo but Jesus accepted it.

WHY?

Reniaa, please show me one solid scripture from the New Testament that says Jehovah has to be worshipped and not Jesus.

Again, I'm stunned at the Jehovah's Witness's dogged determination to deny Christ. Whether it's at the Memorial or looking and seeking for ways to deny him his due worship, they seem dead set on treating him exactly the way the Devil wants him to be treated.

And again I say, good luck when Christ returns to judge. John 5:22,23.

6. passwordprotected
        passwordprotected

Reniaa, do you know that the still legally binding Watch Tower Charter states that Jehovah's Witness meetings are for, in part, the public worship of Jesus Christ and Almighty God?

Better watch your step; if, as you claim, you're a baptised, card-carrying Jehovah's Witness, you're bound by that legal charter to worship Jesus at the meetings.

7. reniaa
        reniaa

hi jamie

I have never been taught to worship the gb but I have been taught they are leaders and have the rights leaders have biblically, both moses and david are good examples as well as paul and the appostles making doctrinal decisions that affected the whole congregations/churches both Jew and gentile.

Hi salcolton a weak scripture that is assumption of negative inaction I prefer it when it is spelled out precisely.

1 Corinthians 11:3
        Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

Romans 8:17
        Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

pretty clear!

8. boyzone
        boyzone

Reniaa

Password tells you what the Watchtower Charter says and you describe it as "dirt" - how come?

9. reniaa
        reniaa

hi password I think christans that relegate Jehovah to a un-named father and give him no worship have more to worry about but like I said I think the satan scripture is pretty clear as well as the spirit and truth one, if you ignore then thats your own issue not mine.

Share this

Google+
      Pinterest
      Reddit