Why is Jesus kept side stage ?

by iknowall558 178 Replies latest watchtower bible

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

John 5 :39 ' 40 "You study the scriptures, because you think that in them you will find eternal life. And these very scriptures speak about ME! Yet you are NOT WILLING TO COME TO ME in order to have life. "

John 6: 53 "Jesus then said to them, I am telling you the truth : if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you will not have life in yourselves. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life and I will raise him on the last day."

The JWS claim to have the only 'true' understanding of the Bble. None of theses verses are ambiguous. They say what they say. The JWS obviously have an aversion to all things 'Jesus', and if the FDS says " the emblelms are not for you, so just be polite and say "no thanks", then they are calling Jesus a liar and basically saying, "there, there, Jesus, just you go and have a lie down, leave it to us and we'll tell people what you REALLY meant to say.

Why are they so scared to acknowledge his position ? They balk at Easter, they balk at Christmas and they balk at the idea of anyone else revealing 'truth' to them except the FDS, even though Jesus himself said that HE was head of the congregation (Col 1:18).

Anyone else feel as hot headed about this as I do ?

• sacolton
    sacolton

Absolutely! I'm disgusted how they only give lip-service to Jesus - yet give no worship to him. They completely remove Jesus from the rank and file as mediator. They acknowledge Jesus as a "great man", a created-thing and Archangel. Yes, they say he is the "Son of God" without really understanding what that means.

• bob1999
    bob1999

"Anyone else feel as hot headed about this as I do ?"

Yes.

To be saved, according to the bible, one needs to be "in Christ". The bible says there is no other way.

But the WTS teaches that only the 144,000 are in Christ.

The only conclusion I can draw is that those of the "other sheep" are not saved, according to the bible.

How can they be saved if they themselves state that they are not "in Christ"?

How can they be saved if they went the the KH last night and did not partake?

"Jesus then said to them, I am telling you the truth : if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you will not have life in yourselves."

There are many teachings of the WTS that are not biblical, this is just one of them. Maybe the worst one.

Peace

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

It's the fuel for my engine. I'm always amazed when speaking to JWs the aversion they have to Jesus, I've actually seen them screw up their noses. That's why I wrote this - http://freeminds.org/blogs/watchtower-teachings/how-close-do-jehovahs-witnesses-come-to-the-1st-c-model.html

• reniaa
    reniaa

funny jesus did not want worship but I guess in this you don't listen to him.

Matthew 4:10
    Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' "

John 4:23-24 (New International Version)

23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

note he says the father not the son!

• reniaa
    reniaa

In the end the crime you lay at the Jehovah's witnesses door is that they don't make Jesus into God and keep him on God's righthand which funnily enough is were God has placed him. On the side indeed!

Luke 22:69
    But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the righthand of the mighty God."

Hebrews 10:12
    But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the righthand of God.

Ephesians 1:20
    which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his righthand in the heavenly realms,

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

reniaa - good luck denying Jesus the worship he accepted in John 9, the worship the angels are ordered to give him in Hebrews 1, and when he returns to judge you, good luck not giving him the same honour you pour onto Jehovah, as per John 5:22,23.

• marsal
    marsal

Reniaa,

Do you realize that your religion speaks more about the Organization and the "faithful and discreet slave" than they do Christ?

The only time Jesus seems to get any "attention" in your religion is during the time of the Memorial'

Now, since that is over, they can continue to gloriy the "faithful and discreet slave" and forget about Jesus.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Because a vengeful, jealous, murderous, "I'll-toast-you-to-a-crisp" Jehovah keeps the r&f dubs in line better than a meek and mild, "love-thy-neighbor," "turn-the-other-cheek" Jesus.

Vinegar instead of honey. The tool used by dictators since recorded history began.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Reniaa, do you know that the still legally binding Watch Tower Charter states that Jehovah's Witness meetings are for, in part, the public worship of Jesus Christ and Almighty God?

Better watch your step; if, as you claim, you're a baptised, card-carrying Jehovah's Witness, you're bound by that legal charter to worship Jesus at the meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit