I am scared for my life. Problems with punks.

by SnakesInTheTower 127 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    and I hope not to have to use that

Exactly. I think we all feel the same way.

Our brains are our most powerful weapons. We avoid trouble, if at all possible.

• scotsman
    scotsman

grim indeed.

• Aculama
    Aculama

Violence always escalates. You have two choices, 1- stay, 2-leave. You will probably not fare well if you fight because it is his social responsibility to prove he is the strongest. You may win a battle but then he will bring you a war. This is a situation where you have to bring attention to the situation if you are going to stay. Visit your districts city counselman or county commisioner's office. Write a letter to the editor of the local newspaper describing your treatment at this office. If the police get enough heat from above they will pressure this guy out of the neighborhood. Go to local government meetings and when they ask for new buisness speak up. Shine as much light on the situation as possible. Roaches run from the light and no drug dealer, or user, wants attention.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Hillbilly, I'm not sure if that old adage applies to the ghetto--the land of drive-by's.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Do NOT spray yourself with pepper spray

back years ago... well ...a can of mace at a training session.... lets just say it stings like a mutha and call it good. lol

Jeff

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

hillbilly:

Do NOT spray yourself with pepper spray

yeah, I read the warning..."do not spray into wind" REALLY...we need a warning for that? LOL

UPDATE: My landlord came by and measured for the fence. He is 70 and tolerates no guff. Punk was outside working on one of the cars (court was today, they have 30 days to get them gone...I came home...both were G O N E ***POOF*** no more derelict vehicles... the tenant did not show but apparently their slumlord did...and must have put the smackdown on his tenants .... maybe the system does work occasionally.

..anyhow..the landlord went over to the punk to talk to him! My landlord informed him that "{Snakes} has been living here for quite a few years and he did not want to see {Snakes} leave." Told the punk that a fence was going to be put up to keep the peace. He then told the punk "you stay on your side and {Snakes} will stay on his side and we wont have any more issues." Punk told my landlord that was fine with him.

So I do have to pay something. Looks like I pay for the fence panels (dog eared 1x6... 6ft high) which will probably run me between $350-450..about half the project cost..... but less than a months rent at the apartments I was looking at... my landlord will buy the posts, nails, the concrete and rock, and will either install it himself or pay to have it installed....probably next week or two.

well worth it to me... maybe this will have a happy ending after all... junker cars are gone... a new fence will keep the guy out of my yard ...we dont see each other....fence will look nice and add value to the place when I move and the landlord sells it.... might add value to the place next door and help the slumlord sell the property...get him out of my hair too...

Snakes ()

Fence: $400

Not seeing punk boy: Priceless

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Snakes,

That is wonderful news.

-LWT

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Buy him a carton of beer. Practise a sincere apology for getting off on the right foot and for your misunderstanding. Be respectful and contrite. Try to turn this situation around before it escalates.

If you can't do that sincerely, don't bother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit