I am scared for my life. Problems with punks.

by SnakesInTheTower 127 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

A surveillance camera isn't going to save you. All it will do is provide the authorities video of your neighbor kicking your ass or killing you. A restraining order is only going to whet his appetite, and a tall wall wont stop him from throwing things over the side.

There is only one thing this sort of punk is impressed with: somebody who is crazier than him. If you are crazier than he is, he will damn well leave you alone. I've been in the same position you are in. When I was a young and struggling artist, I had a punk Mexican neighbor with a bad case of testosterone. I got his respect by convincing him that I was just a tad crazier than he was. I had a good time doing it-- which is probably why I spooked him. Of course it helps if you have good acting skills. I do.

Anyway, If you truly felt you were in danger, it seems to me that you would find a way to leave. How are you going to complete your education if you are dead or brain damaged?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

robdar:

There is only one thing this sort of punk is impressed with: somebody who is crazier than him

Although honestly scared $hitless tonight, I realized now that the punk is full of $hit. If he wanted to hit me, he would have done it. He has now had two clear opportunities, no one around to witness it, and he hasnt done anything. Yes, he was in my face -- up against me tonight --- He is strictly bullying. There is a slight chance he is not and if pushed could hurt me. He has won this round.

The thing is, I am a freaking in person at the door bill collector. In my line of work I have to make them believe that I am crazier than they are. I deal with people nuttier than punkboy all the time.....I go in their houses... collect their equipment.... some refuse me entry, I leave that to others to bother with. I have had people threaten me before..and I called the police..the difference is that the police in those towns did something about it... I would never try to do my job in THIS town....... My punk neighbor KNOWS NO COPS ARE GOING TO BOTHER WITH HIM.

You see, I believe a few years back the NAACP sued the city police department over some BS charge and won...cost the city dearly... so now ...unless you are white and have money and are politically connected...you dont stand a chance in hell.. a minority of the minority are the trouble makers...and rule the city... the rich whiteys are holed up in their ivory tower neighborhoods.....

as the cop I spoke with on the phone tonight (I called strictly for documentation sake) said (a 20 yr vet)... "laws protect criminals and punish law abiding individuals"... when I mentioned that if this were going on in the mayor's neighborhood or the aldermen's street, the cops would be there in a second... cop said I was right...but then again, they dont allow criminals to move into those neighborhoods...redlining is alive and well in this town.......

I am headed to bed..thanks for the support...

Snakes ()

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    He starts mouthing off at me not to look at him.

Put cardboard cut-outs of you at every window to make it look like you always watching him

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Although honestly scared $hitless tonight, I realized now that the punk is full of $hit. If he wanted to hit me, he would have done it. He has now had two clear opportunities, no one around to witness it, and he hasnt done anything. Yes, he was in my face -- up against me tonight --- He is strictly bullying. There is a slight chance he is not and if pushed could hurt me. He has won this round.

Snakes I was just thinking the same thing. He is full of shit. He is only bullying.

Have you taken any martial arts? I really enjoyed the classes and they teach you good blocking moves that you never forget. When I was younger and didn't weigh more than 111 pounds, I got in a scrap or two and I can truly say that martial arts helped me bring down opponents that were much larger than I. It's something that I recommend. I also recommend a basic self defense program offered by local police departments.

Be safe.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Put some Watchtowers and Awakes and a Bible on your property, by his driveway. See if it calms down.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Put cardboard cut-outs of you at every window to make it look like you always watching him

Heheheheheee, I freaking LOVE that idea.

• fern
    fern

Snakes, I work as a corrections officer and have seen and/or heard just about everything under the sun. I'm telling you this in all seriousness.....you have to speak their language and that involves guns. It is somewhat naive for people to tell you to take self defense classes. Although not a bad idea, it certainly couldn't hurt...but this guy most assuredly carries a weapon at all times. You need a gun in a gun fight, otherwise you're dead. I can't believe you say a gun "isn't you". This punk will kill you without a second thought so I hate to sound harsh but you need to get over the "isn't you" thing.

Take your $600 and put it towards a gun and ammo and learn how to use it. I recommend a revolver since there's no safety to fumble with. Seriously Snakes, you must do this. As Dawg said, if you are to the point where you feel threatened enough to pull your weapon on someone, you better be prepared to shoot him. Don't wave it around to intimidate. Also do not do the look straight ahead and ignore routine as suggested by someone.....this is war...like it or not... and you need to be aware of where the enemy is at all times.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    So I have been having problems with the renters that moved in next door. The last 3 months have been a living hell. I have an ongoing complaint with the slumlord that owns the property and the city is taking him to court for derelict vehicles next week (which I anonymously complained about, but I am sure I am being blamed for). He is also pissed that I called the police on him last week for using my yard and drive as a place to turn around. The white cop that came was useless. Took my name and birthdate but went over and listened to them and then left (without telling me what was going on). I had to stop the cop to find out that there was nothing he could/would do.

Wow, lotsa drama.

Let me back up by saying this as background:
    a) I am white. Punk neighbor is black and just moved to my street from the ghetto where his behavior is not only tolerated but apparently encouraged.

Move or deal with it. Those are the actual options.

b) I am not predjudice against any race, only stupid people.

If you were/are stupid, would you feel the same way?

Two of my closest friends that I would give my life for are black.

What if they were white, or yellow, or red, green?

c) My neighborhood borders the ghetto and is in danger of becoming ghettofied. (meaning this is a nearly all black neighborhood that has been quiet until these renters moved in)

There goes the neighborhood. Either deal with it in some constructive way, or move out.

d) I have nothing against renters, I have rented this house for over 9 years. My original feud is with his slumlord.

If you were this "slumlord" how would you improve what you perceive as this situation? And would it still be worth your effort to continue to maintain and rent your properties?

Tonight, as I am pulling down the street to my home, a car comes up from the opposite direction, then backs up into oncoming traffic..meaning me (this is a narrow street) and into the driveway next door. Of course, I look to see who/what the problem is. It is the troublesome punk neighbor. I say nothing. I dont flip him off, I dont say a word.

You need to get a life, seriously. There are much more important things to deal with.

I pull into my driveway and start to get out. He starts mouthing off at me not to look at him. Understand, there is a mere 30 feet tops between our houses, our drives/yards separated only by a narrow strip of grass and a walnut tree. I try to ignore him, but he continues to make advances and threats. Finally, in as calm a voice as I couldm I asked him to stay on his side and leave me be and there wont be a problem. He continues yelling at me not to stare at his yard or him. I told him it is kind of hard not to look at a yard that is right next door. I asked that maybe he should have his landlord put up a fence then I couldn't see him. He continues mouthing and I try to get things out of the car. I ignore him, but now he is coming across the yard. Very quickly. I know what is coming, he has done this once before. What I dont know, is how far he will take it. Whether it is more intimidation and mouth or real physcial violence.

Quit being a total wimp. Do (at least) pushups, squats, crunches and other calisthenics, and aerobics, maybe take some self-defense classes. Are you a man or a mouse?

I take a defensive stance, knowing I dont stand a chance against him (even assuming he is not armed). He had me pinned up against the car and was in my face. I basically was reduced to pleading, How fu$king humiliating. He was trying to intimidate and he succeeded. I told him he can hit me if he wants, I dont stand a chance in hand to hand combat and he knows it. He backed off at that point. He told me to call the cops again and see what happens. I told him I wont be calling the police anymore because they are apparently quite useless.

Apparently you lack huevos or you like humiliation, or you are handicapped (in which case I am truly in error and beg forgiveness for my previous comments).

I managed to get inside without further incident (other than to move my car into my detached garage). I was shaking and yes, I called the police, but only to document the incident. I told the officer that I dont own a weapon and in that circumstance a weapon would have been useless anyway. That the law is only to protect the rights of the criminal.

You need to buy a license and a weapon and a carry permit, use this experience depending on which state you live in. Go to a public firing range where they rent weapons, learn to use them, but them, practice regularly.

While this 20 year veteran was empathetic, he agreed that their hands were tied. That without witnesses or proof of his trespassing or threats, there was nothing they could do.

My advice: Read second amendment over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. It might sink through.

I called my landlord this evening and left him a message. I told him that I would pay the $600 for a 8 ft high stockade fence but that he would have to install it. I cant afford to move until I finishe school next July. I pay $290 a month rent for a 2BR house with a garage.... average rent for a one BR apartment in this area starts at $600/mo, so I figure that its cheaper to erect a fence that the punk would have to go around to get to me than for me to pay to move, pay first and last month rent, a deposit, a moving van, and double rent.

What a wimp.

Damn, I wanted to spend that $600 on a big screen tv.

Do some exercises, wimp.

Thanks, I needed to vent. Yes, I am scared shitless. Now I am going to go drink myself into oblivion.

Give up drinking. Spend the money you save on joining agym. Use the equipment. Quit being such a wimp. Get mad at yourself and learn to be a man.

BA- Seriously.

PS- Quit it now.

• searcher
    searcher

Maybe slum landlord put the punk in there deliberately.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Move Sankes. It isn't worth the aggravation or risk to stay next to a violent moron like this clown. Calling the cops is not an option anymore. Unless you live in a nice neighborhood where the tax dollars are being spent. I would tell you what I would do, but if you did it then I would go to jail with you for contributing to the justice of your neighborhood.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit