I am scared for my life. Problems with punks.

by SnakesInTheTower 127 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Here is one more thing I did......I bought the biggest heaviest baseball bat I could find.....and screwed in 50 2" drywall screws that stuck out at least an inch.....even if I was able to make just one swipe and hit him.....he would have been hurting big time. The person never could have grabbed it from me with out losing the ability to use his hands.

r.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Well..this is what I get for posting my private life on a discussion forum made up of 99.99% strangers. I get a lot of advice. Some very good, some out right stupid.

I am a big boy and I can handle what you have tossed my way. I will reply to a couple of things.

Outlaw:

He`s pissed with you because you`ve been "Harassing him"!..LOL!!.....He has shitty vehicles in his own yard..So What?.....He uses your driveway to turn around..So what?..My neighbour`s did it all the time..It was convenient for them.....You called the Cops and the City on him?..LOL!!!!..Then cry Victim??!!............You brought this on yourself.....Go make peace with the man and stop harassing him!..LOL!!.........................

Maybe you like living that way, I dont. Lets see..for 9 years I have had peace and quiet. The street is quieter and cleaner now than it was when I moved in here..because of a few of us on the street who cared enough not to let it go to the punks and report it to the city. Even the house that used to be the "problem" house on the street (junk cars, motors in the yard, SWAT team visiting them) now has the same people but now there are flowers in the yard and no junk cars and no problems. I acknowledge them with a nod as I see them, they acknowledge me with a nod...nothing more.

In this town, it is against the law to even park a car in the yard. That is what driveways are for. There really is no real on-street parking here.... The house next door has room for 2 cars in the drive and yet they park in the yard. How trashy. Non running cars/unlicensed vehicles are also against the law even in the driveway unless there is a tarp on it. These are quality of life issues that the city (as useless as they seem to be) has identified as symptoms of drug neighborhoods...which is where this punk came from. He is a dealer. That is the only thing this towns cops seem to get right...drug busts. They have a low tolerance for that sort of thing...which is why the encourage anonymous reports from citizens.

...oh thats right...I am still fu$king blinded by my JW delusions of fu$king paradise earth...my bad.... I should go ahead and let punk boy do what the hell he wants. Next thing I know, he will start parking in my driveway. And as for turning around in the drive...he had to back up back and forth 10 times before he could even get to my drive..instead of asking one of his "guests" to move their car so he could back out.... stupidity.

bondafide:

Don't do it Snakes, don't fall into the trap. You will pay for it worse than you think. It's not worth it.

its not worth it..you are right...and if I had the money I would leave now. I may be forced to borrow deposit money to move. I was hoping to squeeze out another 9 months until graduation.....then move out of this area entirely..... I have been taking every extra dime and trying to pay off debts and not accumulate more by paying cash whenever possible....leaves me a bit short on savings.

restrangled:

If you can't afford to move, and I don't think you should have to pay for a fence, will your landlord allow a dog under this situation?

landlord and i talked today..he is on vacation, back in town one day to deal with another rental property and then wont be back until Friday. As to a dog...I dont have time to care for a dog properly...let alone train one to be of any use. And at the end of 9 months, what do I do with the dog? I am the type of animal owner that once I get a pet/animal, I intend to keep it for life. I have a cat, but she isnt much of a deterrent.

No guns...no tazers... no restraining orders....no violence... For those who called me a wimp...guess what? So what if I did kick the guy's a$$? Then I get to go to prison...Better that than prison. I dont fancy being someones girlfriend in prison. No more cops since they are useless (although an attorney and a cop both told me to file reports after each incident even if I dont get them involved by coming out..time consuming, but covers me by establishing a pattern if something bad happens)....the city is useless unless you are in the "proper" area. So I will try to move to a "proper" area and let the punks have this street too... landlord will sell the property as soon as I leave. He is not a racist but today he was so mad that he used the "n" word... (along the lines of what HappyDad said) ...unlike HD..I dont have any neighbors on my side that are not in fear of their life...punk threatened the old man next door on the other side of their house.... and the old man just got out of the hospital.

If I have to stay here, I will get the fence .... at least that blocks his view/my view and he cant even get pissed that I "looked at him". However, I am no considering staying only if I cannot find an alternative.

Meanwhile, I went and looked at a nice new apartment complex today ...stilll in the same town but on the outskirts of town that hasnt been ghetofied yet. Mostly dental students from the local university I have been told. Property management company has properties all over this area, and I have been in many of the apartments in my line of work, so I know that they are well maintained and have no tolerance for this type of nonsense. Price range is barely (with some budget cuts) in my range.....It will be worth the doubling of my rent to have peace and quiet.

So thanks for the advice (and in some cases spanking) you all gave.....

Snakes ()

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

outlaw:

Snakes..You do collections?..You try to act Crazy?.........Dude,I`ve done that job..Had my own business..You do not act Crazy!!..You are Polite!!..Walk over to that Dudes house..And..Tell him,you mean him no harm!!.....That will end your problems!..............

95% of the time I get to play "good cop" in collections..people hate the company that contracts us.... but they have come to know, especially on repeated visits, that I am empathetic and professional. When I first started, the company sent me into some of the worst neighborhoods imaginable. I was the first WHITE that lasted any time at all. I presume that all of the people in those neighborhoods were decent people caught in bad situations until proven otherwise. The peopel in those hoods knew I wouldnt say anything about the drugs or anything, and in return they either paid me or returned equipment and let me be. (If I ever seen kids, elderly, or animals abused..that got reported anonymously) In the rare cases that I thought I was in danger and couldnt outthink them ....then I would revert to a persona that I can only describe as......twitchy..... as long as they think you are one tic more nuts than they are, they let me get out of there.

But as to the guy next door...that wont work... he probably is hyped up on his product.

Oh...and my company just sent out a memo... we are not allowed to have even pepper spray on us or in our vehicles while working. what they dont know wont hurt them.

Snakes ()

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    She opened her windows and played Opera music every minute she was home. It drove her neighbor crazy and he finally moved away!

I'm surprised the entire neighbourhood didn't move away.

W

• StAnn
    StAnn

Snakes, if this doesn't drive him away, at least it will call him down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25tLvoXq48E

StAnn

• Gregor
    Gregor

I haven't read all 4 pages of replies but I can say that if I were in your situation I would avoid this character at all costs until you get your personal life to a point you can move. Think of it as a road rage deal. All you want is to get where you're going. Don't let this hoodlum make you get off track. You did not interact with him and yet he found an excuse to be aggressive. The suggestion that "....Next time you run into him "Say lets start over again and offer him a beer" might be worth a try..." is NOT worth a try,. Hell, he'll have you washing his car and taking out his garbage next.

If he continues to escalate the problem without provocation you should definately be armed. Be prepared to defend yourself . Keep the cops informed on each incident (make up a couple for good measure) Then when you stop his clock you will have a decent chance of a self defense plea. If this is not your thing then move.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I'm not kidding about Opera. Try it.

StAnn

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Snakes..I don`t envy your position..But..You have`nt in one post on this thread,said you tried to talk to the guy..You just kept reporting him..LOL!!.....Did you ever try to talk to him before it got to this point?.....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

You might want to keep a camera handy at all times.

That way if you see him in your yard coming to your door, take his pic from the window to verify that he is in your yard.

When he drives his car through your yard take a pic.

If you can, get license plate numbers of visiting vehicles. (Maybe one of his friends is "wanted" and you could arrange a bust.) Why wait till he blows up the neighborhood making meth!

Maybe you can find some EPA violations and report his landlord.

• still_in74
    still_in74

snakes, that totally sucks !

I would listen to purps and get out of there. This guy is all about showing who's boss. He will be at the top of the pecking order in no time and no one will cross him. Get the hell out of there as soon as you can!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit