I am scared for my life. Problems with punks.

by SnakesInTheTower 127 Replies latest jw friends

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

This is the most frightening thread I've ever read here. I can't believe the posibility of killing someone is a part of so many people's posts about this situation. Truly frightening.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Snakes, all I can do is ask why you aren't already prepared to defend yourself properly? Didn't think about it 'till now, did you? Guess what? You should have! It is called planning ahead! You had enough warning and ignored it.

Seriously man, self-defense is a human right protected by the Constitution and a duty of all responsible people. Whether it is martial arts, baseball bats, or guns, it is your responsibility to defend your own life and safety and property and not that of the police or your landlord.

Thugs like your neighbor are cowards who prey on the typical spineless sheep. Stand up to them with overwhelming force and they can't run away fast enough.

I can tell you from personal experience that in the nearly 16 years I've carried a gun for self-defense that it has made a difference in my favor more than once, protecting both my own personal safety and also my property. Thankfully I've only had to draw it a few times and never had to pull the trigger, but had I not had it in my hand things would have turned out far worse.

Guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens are the most powerful deterrent to thugs like your neighbor, more powerful than the police.

If you've got $600 to spend, go get a license, take classes at your local range, and then buy a handgun. I carry a Springfield Armory XD daily (.45acp 5" Tactical). XD: $550. License: $40. Holster (Blackhawk SERPA): $30. Time at the range: well that can get expensive but is well worth it. At the range, you learn to shoot properly which gives you a distinct advantage over the thugs who like to hold their guns sideways because it looks cool and that's how their role model gangsta rappers do it.

Far as your company's rules go, screw them! Your life is worth more than their rules. They can not garantee your safety, only you can do that. I've carried on every job I've had since I was legally able to at 21, including Domino's Pizza. Worst they could do was fire me (which none ever did, in fact I used to "ride along" with other drivers into bad areas before we just cut them off) but the worst the thugs could do was kill me. I made the choice.

You've got a killer deal on rent, but the reason rent is so cheap is because of the area where you live. And it is only going to get worse, so yeah you're gonna have to move eventually. Sooner rather than later. In the meantime though, you have immediate safety concerns that must be addressed and the responsibility is yours and yours alone.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Chance that Obama wins the election? 84.7% (on InTrade)

Chance that Bendrr would not show up in this thread? 4.2% (also on InTrade)

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

lisaBObeesa:

This is the most frightening thread I've ever read here. I can't believe the posibility of killing someone is a part of so many people's posts about this situation. Truly frightening.

well, this thread has taken an interesting turn. Maybe as Lisa indicated, a disturbing turn with all the discussion about killing and guns.

IP:

Flipper!! Saying such a thing only hearing one side of the story? Im ashamed of you. Reading this whole thread. Im convenced there is more to the story than 'them' just being thugs and punks. Funny I deal with 'thugs & punks' regularly and never get disrespect. I wonder why?

free2think:

I agree with IP i think there's more to the story then is being said. In any case you have to show respect to get respect.

Of course you are only hearing my side of the story. Punk turned down my offer to post on a Jehovah's Witness Discussion Forum, the solution to all of life's problems. Come to think of it, he has turned down my offer to have a reasoned man-to-man discussion in real life. Its his way or no way. Be real IP. Besides, what benefit do I gain by putting my private life out there for all to pick apart? I will take my licks from you (and bad advice) and others to get some of the good advice that has been given. I am not asking to be a member of the "cuddly club'",I just wanted some ideas after a rather frightening incident. Respect? f2t.... the only "respect" this guy understands is getting his way and breaking the law without any negative consequences. Try to take that away and he goes ape $hit.

IP...As to you not getting disrespected by "thugs and punks" I have done Census work and collections work in one of the highest-crime per capita cities in this country: EAST ST LOUIS, ILLINOIS. The folks at the Census thought I was crazy to go in by myself to do survey work. They sent in 10 white people in a big group...I went by myself...and had a higher completion rate than all of them combined. Why? Because I respected the clients and did my job. I never once had a problem with anyone, other than a couple of hookers running in front of my car (I declined their offer of service). I seen tons of drugs and other illegal activity. (If I would have seen abuse of the elderly, a child, or an animal, that I would have reported). I never said a word to cops because a) I didnt live there and b) my job wasnt to police them. Besides, that area is too far gone, even the cops have given up on that area and are scared to be there after dark.

Over 95% of the people I deal with in collections I have no problems at all. Even the ones that have threatened me backed off once I either a) got the cell phone out to dial the cops or b) if their line was accessible, cut their cable off...funny how attitudes change when the TV is nothing but white noise. Too bad I only do ground/apartment disconnects. I cant do pole shut offs....heights are a problem...lifting/carrying that huge ladder is a problem.

For now I live next to this garbage, so I will take whatever steps I need to to keep peace......short of kowtowing to him. Tonight as I arrived home, he was in his driveway with his friend putting a tarp on a car (his prized shiny one). I looked over at him several times, not to stare, but their yard is in my line of sight everytime I exit my house or my car. I am not averting my eyes to appease him. He didnt say a word, I didnt say a word. He left, I have peace tonight...until he roars in at 3 am with his stereo blaring and muffler blasting.

BTW .....I am shocked that anyone read the opening post let alone the whole thread. I am even more surprised at the number of responses. I am not surprised by the wide range of responses....

Snakes ()

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I just wanted to be the 100th post to this thread.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

my theory is that the neighbor has been on JWD and subsequently became enraged at your text formatting.

j/kiddin' ya man. Sounds like an all around sucky situation, I haven't a clue what I'd do in the same.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

laughing at 6of 9 and purplesofa...

thanks for lightening this dreadful thread ..I never expected it to go 6 ages.

It was quiet last night..maybe it was the sleeping pills. No loud cars, no loud dogs. No thugs.

Snakes ()

• DonutsToGo
    DonutsToGo

Snakes,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. On personal level I totally hate confrontation so I can somewhat understand what you are saying - though I've never dealt with anything near what you are going through.

For the sake of balance ...

Don't kill the guy - apologise for getting off on a bad foot, invite him over for pizza and beer. I'm sorry if this answer sounds flippant, I'm totally serious.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

d2g:

For the sake of balance ... Don't kill the guy - apologise for getting off on a bad foot, invite him over for pizza and beer. I'm sorry if this answer sounds flippant, I'm totally serious.

knowing you IRL, I know you to be serious. Only thing he is invited to do is leave me alone. As for apology, I have groveled enough....I am done with that.

If I stay, a 6 ft high by 80 ft long stockade fence is going up between our properties, then he doesn't have to worry about me "looking" at him anymore, and I dont have to see him anymore..worth every penny even if I have to pay for it. My landlord and I our discussing this Friday. Meanwhile, I am keeping my eye open for apartments/houses that are in my price range but in a better neighborhood.

The fence should do the trick....keeps him from using my drive/yard as his personal turn around.....makes it a long trip for him to come around (or a pain to get over) the fence to come after me again..(and gives me clear cause for tresspassing if he does).....keeps me from "looking" at him ().... the city can do what they want to him...

the only thing I may still have to deal with is his loud music when he comes in at 1am and his dogs barking (though those may be gone, I dont know). I just want my peace and quiet that I have had for the last 9 years back...nothing more.

Snakes ()

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

$600 bucks for a fence so he can't look at you

$20 bucks for a fan to drown out all sound while you sleep

not getting your ass kicked.......priceless

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit