Since you on the right won't answer this question. Abortion

by dawg 148 Replies latest jw friends

• TopHat
    TopHat

Wouldn't the DNA and genetic makeup,personality be decided at the moment of conception? Therefore the clump of cells is a human being.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL @JG.

What if ...

Oh, the possibilities and the probabilities. Aren't you glad you're not responsible for the universe?

Sylvia

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yes Sylvia, amen to that.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Therefore the clump of cells is a human being.

To the materialists, BTS is just a clump of cells behind a keyboard.

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Wouldn't the DNA and genetic makeup,personality be decided at the moment of conception? Therefore the clump of cells is a human being.

Yes.

I think personality is the key word here, John Doe.

Sylvia

• TopHat
    TopHat

A house is NOT a living human being.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

BurnTheShips:

To the materialists, BTS is just a clump of cells behind a keyboard.

You know that's not true. We materialists see the difference between a clump of cells and an actual person. You exhibit emergent properties that are not exhibited by the clump of cells that you once were. Those properties aren't what make you human, but they are what makes you a person.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"What if Charles Taze Russell had been aborted?"

We'd all be on exMormon's.com having this argument? :-D

• TopHat
    TopHat

The clump of cells you are from the time of conception is the person you will be more or less depending on your upbringing as well. I guess that is why some of us human beings survive even the most harsh environments growing up and some do not. Why do some us become addicted to alcohol and others not? It is in our genetic makeup which happens at conception.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Ok, just thought I'd give my viewpoint on this matter.

I was raped. It was terrible. It would have been a lot more traumatic for me if I'd taken the morning after pill. I would have had to live with the fact that I had, in my opinion, murdered an innocent child. My child.

I am pro-choice only in extreme circumstances. If a rape victim decided to take the morning after pill, that is her choice that she would have to live with.

While I can empathize with that circumstance - I would question why you would have felt so traumatized taking the morning after pill.

Every time sex occurs, conception does not. Every person who has sex is not fertile. Having sex doesn't mean that a baby has been created - just ask every man and woman dealing with infertility. Given those facts - a woman given the morning after pill has not aborted anything - she is taking a safety precaution only. It's no different than using a condom or any other birth control device or method because in reality all you are doing is trying to avoid a pregnancy - the morning after pill is used for those moments when the act has occured and you have concern that you might get pregnant. A person using a condom that breaks for example, having already used a contraceptive to avoid a pregnancy, should have no problem using a morning after pill as a simple safe guard.

A rape victim has no idea whether or not conception has occurred and when treated quickly, there is little chance that the victim could at that point be pregnant. The morning after pill is just insurance. I see no problem with that.

sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit