Since you on the right won't answer this question. Abortion

by dawg 148 Replies latest jw friends

• mavie
    mavie

Actually dawg I think the real question is, can a person be pro-choice and personally disagree with abortion? I think a person can.

Pro-choice does not necessarily mean pro-abortion. It simply means a person has the right to choose what they do with their own body. The federal and state government should protect this right to choose.

• DJK
    DJK

I agree that life begins at conception.

The decision to deal with it should be done by they who are effected by it.

• watson
    watson
    Pro-choice does not necessarily mean pro-abortion. It simply means a person has the right to choose what they do with their own body. The federal and state government should protect this right to choose.

Here, here!

• lavendar
    lavendar

Life starts at conception. When sperm & egg unite, a new life begins.

Abortion is the ultimate child abuse.

• dawg
    dawg

Mandette: Thanks, I think we share the same views.

Sooner... I'm not certain either...

BA, thanks for your comments.

BTS-I can see what you're saying, but it's a human at conception?

Satanus-Good point.

Frozen one- there are those that don't believe in condoms, they would take your right to make that decision.

I won't call anyone stupid or anything else when the subject in question is controversial... I used to study Microbiology when I first started college... my views are mostly from what I've seen in a microscope. My opinion is that zygotes are defiantly not human beings... but I can certainly see why someone would fight for what they consider human life-that is a noble cause even if I don't agree with how far many go.

In fact, this one of the few things I don't give the right shit over, because I find anyone standing up for something they believe in that can be argued outside of their faith, to be noble... defining the point a zygote/embryo is human in noble in my mind.

I've seen nut jobs on the left even argue that Roe V Wade is too liberal... that's extreme, and that draws my ire because its certainly an indefensible position...yet I can't say that I believe a zygote is a Human... not at all...

I'd like to ask although, why do you on the right not answer about rape and incest cases?

• lavendar
    lavendar
    yet I can't say that I believe a zygote is a Human... not at all...

If it's not human.....then...what is it, Dawg??

• dawg
    dawg

I think we are arguing two different things, I really want to understand your views, when you say "life begins at conception" are you saying that a zygote is in fact a human being?

And again, I would appreciate it if you answered about rape and incest. I promise not to offend you when you answer.

• watson
    watson

Life as the result of rape or incest is undoubtably traumatic for the mother. But, it is still "life." Again, it should be for her to choose, not me.

• dawg
    dawg

Good question Lavender, I'd say its a group of cells that have been fertilized, the lumps of fertilized cells I've seen (blastocysts I believe it's defined) certainly look like numerous cells I've seen under a scope. If no one told me what it was, I'd of thought I was looking at skin and blood cells combined... I'd of never guessed it was even human...

Can someone post a photo of this for me, as I'm too computer illiterate to do so myself?

• lavendar
    lavendar
    I'd say its a group of cells that have been fertilized, the lumps of fertilized cells I've seen (blastocysts I believe it's defined) certainly look like numerous cells I've seen under a scope. If no one told me what it was, I'd of thought I was looking at skin and blood cells combined... I'd of never guessed it was even human...

Dawg, this is what YOU, and ALL of us, used to look like when we were conceived in our mother's womb. Just b/c we once looked like this....doesn't mean we weren't human.

Again I ask, if a Zygote is not human......then what is it??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit