Since you on the right won't answer this question. Abortion

by dawg 148 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

I Posed this question on another thread... namely Burns and Hooberus...wouldn't answer, so I thought I'd ask it again in an open thread...,

You on the right disagree with Roe V Wade... so that means that you want to redefine when a zygote, embryo, or a fetus has what anyone would rule for lack of better words "the right to life"...

Exactly when is life, human as per your definition?

I may or may not agree with what you write, but I promise I won't attack you for your views.... this time!

• Mandette
    Mandette

Okay Dawg...no attacks now!!!! GRRR

I personally believe that life begins at conception. That being said....I do NOT feel I have the right to tell someone else what to do. So where, I do not agree with abortion, I would not push my views on anyone else. I have this abhorance for people who push their beliefs on me(JW's!!) so I try not to do it to someone else.

So I guess that makes me in the middle of the right and left(did that sound right?)

M

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I would think that it would be the moment of self-awareness, but I'm unsure when there is high enough brain function to allow that. Basically, I don't have a clue.

BTW, I'm not answering for the "Right". I was just passing by and thought I would give my 2 cents worth.

sooner7nc

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Life begins at conception. This is a scientific fact and indisputable. It is alive, it is discrete, it is unique, and it is human

Abortion destroys an innocent human life. All innocent human beings have the right to life. This is the most basic right and it trumps all others.

BTS

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Life begins at conception.

The womb is the child's home where it is sheltered, fed and cared for, after which, being born from the womb, the child is sheltered, fed and cared for,

If the child in either of these cases is not sheltered, fed and cared for, it will die.

A helpless child, whether inside or outside the womb, must be sheltered, fed and cared for.

But abortion is not just neglect of the unborn child, it is the brutal murder of the child, an innocent human life.

Abortion is murder. Murder in the name of convenience. Modern day Molech worship.

BA- Right, not wrong.

PS- Neither right, nor left,

• watson
    watson

At the risk of being called a moron, or a fool, I'll take the bait.

Personally, I believe that life begins at conception. Once "it" starts to divide/develop, then life begins. At the very latest, it would be when an independant heart beat is detected.

I lean to the conservative side of things, but I feel that a woman has the right to choose what happens. It's a big responsibility. I don't feel qualified to enforce "God's Laws" by making abortion criminal.

• Satanus
    Satanus

If life begins at conception, does that mean that sperms and eggs are dead before that?

S

• frozen one
    frozen one

Roe v Wade aside, anybody who has ever used a condom for birth control intuitively knows exactly when life begins.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas
    If life begins at conception, does that mean that sperms and eggs are dead before that?

No, it just means that the sperm and egg are not a new life. That doesn't happen genetically until their chromosomes merge. At that point, the zygote's cells can divide and the new life begins. Sperm and egg cells do not divide, and if not fertilized, will die.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

They are alive, as every cell in the human body is alive, but will a sperm or an egg ever grow into an adult, thinking, reasoning, feeling, human? At conception a unique human comes into being that, barring mishap or deliberate destruction by others, will develop into a something like Satanus clicking away at his keyboard. This is a fact.

Homo est qui venturus est.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit