Since you on the right won't answer this question. Abortion

by dawg 148 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    overturning roe v wade does not stop abortions...
    it simply makes them illegal and dangerous

Incorrect, with the overturn of Roe v Wade, the abortion issue returns to the individual states for legislative consideration. As long as it Roe v Wade stands, it prevents returning the abortion issue to the states where it belongs, so that the American people can decide its future through fair debate and legislation, not judicial fiat.

BTS

• frozen one
    frozen one

A bunch of cells from an often unholy coupling

Ah sixy, you romantic devil...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"If you don't have a heartbeat on this side of the uterus, you are considered dead. The same should apply for the other side."

I think that's a pretty good point. I'd add that sometimes brain function is also used as a determiner for "life" (or at least whether or not that "life" is worth "living"). And then there's the bible, using what we know as "breath" :-D. Personally, I think you are only fully "alive" when you've received your first spanking (from a qualified MD), just the way God wanted it to be.

It would be so nice to see America come to a reasonable compromise in the issue and be done with it. Most 1st world countries have a cut-off date for allowable, lawful termination of pregnancy; and only make exceptions beyond that date for the life or health of the mother.

Maybe someone from Canada or Europe can help me out here, but in most countries, they don't re-argue this issue every damn election, do they?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"Ah sixy, you romantic devil..."

What can I say? I was going to go all Arlo Guthrie and start talking about mother rapers and father rapers but thought better of it, because...well... "mother rapist" might have been a tad over-the-top, and "father rapers" would have just been irrelevant.

Unless you think about Job's daughters of course; then it would be relevant ;)

• dawg
    dawg

That was beautiful Chickpea... I hear what you're saying. Cells are just that in my mind... until they form a human, or at a bare minimum something that has even a slight resemblance to a human... until then,they are cells, and nothing more. To me....

But I understand why people feel different, they have a just cause... but to even consider the rule of a majority to decide anything is tyranny; I do not believe in democracies, I believe in Republics. I wouldn't want mob rule BTS... I know that's probably not what you meant when you talked about States making laws.

But do you believe that rape victims should be under a law that makes them have the pregnancy? I still haven't gotten an answer from anyone on that... I'm talking about a law here?

• dawg
    dawg

My guess... they won't touch my question, I'm guessing that wouldn't support such a law... But I really don't know as they won't answer that.

• free2beme
    free2beme

My view on abortion is simple. I disagree with it and think that life starts at conception. At the same time, I do not want laws to exist to make everyone follow my believes. People have the right to make their own bed to lie in and deal with.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Hey Dawg, I tend to be more right of center than left about 90% of the time. And I don't disagree with Roe v Wade. In my opinion, whatever a woman does is her business. I believe in God so I figure if I was a woman it would be between me and God. To answer your question, I believe that life begins at conception, but that's just me.

• yknot
    yknot
    But do you believe that rape victims should be under a law that makes them have the pregnancy? I still haven't gotten an answer from anyone on that... I'm talking about a law here?

This again becomes a question of when does 'life' begin. Conception is a broad term.

For those who don't believe life begins until attachment to the uterine wall (4-5days after sex/fertilization), then the 'day after pill' would be considered appropriate and currently it is a given to almost every rape victim here in the 'Syrian Arab Republic" except Catholics who opt to refuse.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Doesn't the christian right believe that we have/are a spirit/soul? If so, when does the spirit come into those cells?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit