The most inappropriate remarks from Jehovahs Witnesses

by jambon1 124 Replies latest jw friends

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Visiting couple to my wife after her miscarriage "it's a shame babies won't get a resurrection"
    WTF...

• donny
    donny

Back in the late 80's, a local teenager was getting a lot of press about the rare form of cancer he had, the fast speading osteogenic sarcoma (the same kind that Ted Kennedy, Jr had as a youth). I was out in Field Service with one of our elders and we stopped at a Burger King for lunch. As we sat down at the table, he picked up the Dallas Morning News that someone had left behind.

On the front page was a story about this young man and it mentioned the large amount of money his church, The First Baptist Church of Carrollton, had contributed to cover his vast medical expenses. I asked "How much do you think he would get from our hall if he had been a Witness?"

He replied "Very little and thats the way it should be. Why spend thousands and thousands of dollars on an almost uncurable disease which would place a heavy burden on the brothers, when Jehovah will cure it for free when he is resurrected."

I despised that man for the remaining four years I remained in the Org.

• Gram
    Gram

Told by a MS who was a co-worker back in the late 1960's that my husband and I would be welcome at his home, AFTER my husband was a dedicated and baptised Witness. This was a man who smoked at work and hid his cigarette under his desk, as if I didn't see the smoke coming out.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey Gram!

Welcome to JWD!

Tell us a little about yourself.

Probably best to start your own "Hello" thread.

om

• calico
    calico

Elder to me: "It's nice to see you here as a family". I hadn't been to meetings in awhile but, my husband had been going and dragging our son along. SO..I guess he meant that I was breaking up my family. If he only knew the truth about my husband.....................

My husband doesn't go to meetings now--I suppose that is my fault, too!

I wanted to own my own home and had been looking for quite a while and was getting discouraged--a sister told me that I could have my own home in the new system! I guess we have been in the new system for a few years now

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

BUT, within seconds of of my JW mom's death in a silent hospital room full of faithful JW's, one fader and several normal people... there were the appropriate gasps and muffled cries of loved ones...

Then, quietly...I started hearing Witnesses saying:

"I am SO proud of Mom...she stayed faithful to the very end !"

"Yes, she sure did, I hope when I die it will be with her same integrity."

"Now, because of her Godly obedience, she's guaranteed a resurrection in Paradise™."

"Now, it's up to us to stay faithful and we'll be there to welcome her back at the Resurrection ™."

"I'm so glad she didn't give in on the blood transfusion, she's made Jehovah so happy. I know He's smiling down at her right now !."

These days...when I hear certain words...really strong emotions come up: faithful, integrity, obedience, guaranteed, happy,smiling... used to have just one definition each, now, I know the other very real meaning is... Danger.

Rabbit (Of the, If there is a god...I don't care... if he/she/its happy or not class.)

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

After mutual friends of ours just got married. Ministerial servant friend turns to me and says:

"I'll give it six months", referring to the newly weds.

• skin
    skin

1) A sister commenting at the watchtower study. "If a witness has Depression then Satan has attacked them and won".

2) Another sister "Heres a secret, I have heard from some people high up in America that Armageddon is very close"

3) Same sister, You forget those that have left the organisation because it the way Jehovah works"

4) " We do not eat any vegeables that has been fertilized with blood and bone" said this while eating meat.

5) MS told me " If you are not being persecuted, then you are not serving Jehovah hard enough".

6) Same MS. "What? you mean to say that you don't know the names of any bethelites?"

7) The Watchtower conductor, 3 times in the last month. "We should follow Paul and Timothys example when Paul talked Timothy out of going to Athens to further his education, as brought out in the 2005 DC drama". Why not quote where it says this in the Bible?

And the list could go on and on..... almost every day I shake my head at some odd remark.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I was surprised at how many comments had been made by JW's about the World Trade Center. I lived close to NYC when it happened. I watched them burn into the night and saw the smoke travel east 40 miles along the coast of Long Island. The county I lived in, Monmouth, NJ, had the most victims. They said there were dozens from there who died.

First, I don't know where JW's get off saying it's only worldly people. Any "in good standing" JW could have been visiting the WTC that day or even worked there. Maybe some had business there only that day. I guess the JW's are condemning everyone who was "evil" enough to have been killed. I saw people jump from 100 stories up. It was that or be burned to death. I guess that's very Christian to gloat that they died by being crushed by thousands of tons of concrete, burned alive, or fell over 1,000 feet. I won't describe what they looked like on the ground.

Several times, I've posted that IF FATE had to have those planes hit SOMETHING, then the world would be better off if they had missed the WTC and had hit Bethel. But I don't like thinking that way even though JW's do. We need to be better than they are or we have learned nothing by leaving. I would be curious, however, to know how JW's would talk if the planes HAD hit Bethel and killed 3,000 people there.

As a side point, and I can't verify this, I heard a rumor about the Bethel buildings being locked. The WTC was near the Brooklyn Bridge which goes over to Brooklyn and right there is Bethel. I heard from several sources that when people started to stream over the bridge and knocked on the doors for water, the doors were locked and the JW's wouldn't help. The dust from the collapse was killing people and they needed water. It's funny how much the WT brags about its helping disaster victims when in all reality, the WT creates more disasters than it even helped with. And if locked doors and people choking to death on dust are good deeds, then the WT needs to give it up now before God kills THEM.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, it isn't exactly a remark, but I think one of the most inappropriate things they have ever done was that picture of the little asian girl on the Awake cover of the "child prostitution" exploitation issue.

That thread got frozen when I posted that this little girl (provided she really was being prostituted) was probably better off than if she were a little JW girl who needed a blood transfusion, or was being molested by one of the elders. At least she had a chance that some charitable organization might be able to help her - something the Society would never see fit to do.

Almost all of their rampant inappropriate behavior stems from their cavalier disregard for all human kind except for themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit