The most inappropriate remarks from Jehovahs Witnesses

by jambon1 124 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    i ask questions and have never been told i cant ask......

I challenge any lurking JW to take Angel Eyes at her word, and openly question a GB teaching, and tell us along the way how the elders treated you.

Feel free to report what you find, unless you already know the answer.

Then you can see once and for all if Angel Eyes has it right. Go ahead. Be her guest. QUESTION YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT JEHOVAHS WITNESSES AND THE GOVERNING BODY.

:-)

• blondie
    blondie

(James

As a jw I heard this point misapplied so many times. I just took out my bible and read this to them and asked how they agreed with God.

Notice how the WTS chastises clergyman for doing the same things this jw did:

*** w07 1/15 pp. 21-22 par. 5 Teach What the Bible Really Teaches ***Another reason why people think that God does not care about us is that religious leaders have made them feel that way. What do clergymen often say when tragedy strikes? When one woman lost her two small children in an automobile accident, her minister said: "It was God’s will. God needed two more angels." When clergymen make such comments, they are actually blaming God for the bad things that happen. Yet, the disciple James wrote: "When under trial, let no one say: ‘I am being tried by God.’ For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone." (James 1:13) Jehovah God never causes what is bad. Indeed, "far be it from the true God to act wickedly."—Job 34:10.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    i ask questions and have never been told i cant ask......

Try challanging decisions made by the WBT$..

Or..

Decisions made by Elders in your Congregation..

Press the subject..

And..

You will be told to Shut Up or Face the Consequenses..

Don`t believe me?.....Fine....Try it..

And..

Let us know how you do!..

LOL!!

• loosie
    loosie
    J F Rutherford ( to be totally fair I believe he was re-quoting some famous poet) Never the less he stated..
    What are women but..." a hunk of hair and a bag of bones "

To rutherford I would say.. "What are you then Just a twig and berries... and a very small twig at that."

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

This thread passed me by. The inappropriate comments range from hilariously stupid to heart-breaking (thinking of ones in Big Tex's and betterdaze's posts and similar others).

Anyway, here's a doozy.

Elder to visiting German JW brother: "Hello Adolf."

• loosie
    loosie

This comment was made to me when I was 5 yrs old by a pompus ass elder: You will die at armageddon if you continue to speak to your DF'd brother.

Oh how glad I am that, the man who said that is dead.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

A nyone who says anything critical of Jehovah's Witnesses is hateful.

Or so sayeth some recent apologists . . . . .

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

I would be curious, however, to know how JW's would talk if the planes HAD hit Bethel and killed 3,000 people there.

From what I understand, it was quite a few. It's amazing re: all the of callous remarks made by witnesses until they realizied that numerous victims were witnesses.

Regarding 9/11 - one of the most inappropriate examples was used by a visiting brother to our hall giving the public talk. He told the story of how one young brother was contemplating taking a job in the WTC that started 9/11. Supposedly, the job would have required longer hours and less time for meetings and ministry.(JW hallmark example of testing one's faith). Well of course he prayed and on 9/10 decided not to take the job, and the brother concluded with saying..

"Because the brother trusted in Jehovah, he did not perish with the thousands of others in those Towers. That's really something to consider friends."

I was new, still baptismally wet behind the ears, but I remember thinking 'WTF???' What about all the other witnesses that did perish who worked there? (By then I believe the was an email or something circulating that had the names of all the witnesses that died.) It shocked me that this brother did not consider all those other dubs that were simply doing their jobs and showing up to work, and lost their lives somehow their faith was lacking?

Another comment given from the platform directed toward parents. The brother stated that "we didn't beat our children enough, because we were becoming too middle class"

After that, even though I still believed at that time, I listened to talks with a grain of salt as I realized that a lot of what was being said was opinion rather than bible based.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

BTW... I think Bethel was getting wind of some of these types of ridiculous statements made during talks. I started noticing a lot of the talks were becoming more "outlined", formatted, kinda stick-to-the-script talks. I wonder if the elders were ever counseled to stop ad-libbing due to the inappropriate comments and examples.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Elderette to woman at her unbelieving father's funeral: "He's better off."

Fred Franz said the most inappropriate thing I've ever heard. He gave the funeral talk for a departed JW and started out by shouting, "Isn't it grand to be ALIVE?!"

What an asshole. I'm sure the grieving ones thought that comment of his was just swell.

Speaking of assholes, the first thing they did at Cult Central after the World Trade Center was struck was lock all the doors! They refused to open them to give any water, or aid or shelter to people fleeing the Towers. Only after that news hit the Internet did they open up their doors and offer refreshments to people covered in dust and ash.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit