The most inappropriate remarks from Jehovahs Witnesses

by jambon1 124 Replies latest jw friends

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

It really was not directed to me. But boy...was it strange! A woman(sister) lost her husband and the topic that the elder choose to start within minutes of speaking with her, was about her needed to recognize that even though her husband would be resurrected the reality was she could not remarry him in the New World Order. How in the world can a person be that ridiculous???

• still_in74
    still_in74

"the new world will be here soon" - said to me after my dad died - oh did i mention i was just a kid?

"as far as I'm concerned Armageddon can come tomorrow" said by a relative after my grandfather died

One guy in my KH gives a comment at almost every meeting and quotes "vengance is my sayeth the Lord" - and he actually says it like that. Its his favourite scripture cause he's a moron and cant wait to prove all those "worldly idiots" wrong and watch them die while he laughs...

• misguided
    misguided

By an elder on a shepherding visit, days after my JW husband had left and moved in with a woman from his work....AND...while 8 months pregnant with our 5th baby (the oldest being 5 1/2 at the time)...

"...and I need to let you know, that if you sleep with him again after this point, you will not retain your grounds to remarry..."

• heyfea
    heyfea

In the WT literature, can't remember whether a book or mag. It said that there could very well be wordly people who cry out to God to free them from the suffering in the world, but these people don't know that what they're really asking God is to be destroyed in Armageddon. SICK!

Heyfea

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, hubby is the king of inappropriate comments. Being a JW just makes it worse.

Me: Your nephew is getting married.

He: If it is in a church I won't go. But I'll go to the reception afterwards.

Me: Your brother-in-law passed away, the funeral is next week.

He: If it is in a church maybe I should not go.

He: I should bring a stack of the comfort brochures.

Me: Your mamma is dying in the hospital, we have to go see her.

He: If she dies during the Memorial I might not be there.

• biff mcfly
    biff mcfly

When I told my congregation elders I was leaving Bethel because I didn't like living in New York City, they called me into a meeting to get me to confess to secret sins because only a secret sinner could be unhappy at Bethel.

If you don't come back to meetings your daughter will be destroyed at Armageddon.

Don't you want to see your dead mother again..you'll be destroyed at Armageddon and never get to see her again.

Threats and guilt are how they keep most of in for so long.

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

My sick twisted soon to be rid of her mother in law said the same thing about 9/11. She didn't care AT ALL. I came to her house mortified and crying and she shrugged and said it didnt matter, they were all wicked people, and that now maybe they would actually have a hope of the resurection. No remorse for their families, no sympathy. She also made "oh the trib is just around the corner" comments. I was horrified of her reaction, it was sickening. If i could have slapped her too, i would have.... Still want to.

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

Oh, my winner of a grandmother in law made a nasty comment about her own granddaughter after a really bad car accident. She commented that it was too bad she hadn't passed (because she wasn't baptized or studying at the time, at age 22, just attending) during the accident becasue it might be her only hope to not be destroyed during armageddon. My husband also said once that he didn't know why more witnesses didn't do "shoot um up" style things because it would actually be merciful and with the resurection, you could TECHNICALLY save more people that one in one bang that in all your house to house work in your life time!!! SICK!!!!!!

• amama2six
    amama2six

Your ex is sick...BB. That comment in itself would make me fear for my life and my child's if I were you!

Wouldn't that be considered a "sin" though? Or would it be alright if you were "repentant"...or better yet alright because you did it to "save" people from dying at Armageddon?

SICK SICK SICK!!!

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

I did fear, I had to get a rest order once already. He did tell me once he wanted to drive us into oncoming traffic to take us "to the paradise" Why do you think I left?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit