The most inappropriate remarks from Jehovahs Witnesses

by jambon1 124 Replies latest jw friends

• amama2six
    amama2six

That really sucks BB! I wasn't saying you didn't fear...just stating that I would have as well if I were in your shoes. *Hugs*

• snarf
    snarf

I was being asked questions about my new husband by a witness, and when I told her he spent a year in Iraq in the Army, her reply was." oh, so how does he feel about being a killer? Does he have any remorse?" My blood has never boiled so much, I just walked away.

• pseattle2
    pseattle2

Well, most of the inappropriate remarks I got from my mom were related to whether certain things were demonized, like guitars, alarm clocks, black clothing or Springsteen albums.

Other than that she wasn't really offensive, but the closest she came to an inappopriate remark was when she fumed about having to drive me to a high school rehearsal for The Sound Of Music:

"Why are you in that stupid show anyway? It's stupid! It's got all those Catholics in it!"

• smiddy
    smiddy

I don`t know whether this fits the category or not,but when i first became a jw i soaked it all up like a sponge and then after a year was a little bit stumbled by some jw`s,then (early 1960`s) the congregation servant (elder today)visited me to see if i would buy life insurance,seeing as he thought i no longer beleived in the truth.I politely told him I didn`t want any.Some time later his brother,employed by the same insurance company tried a softer approach (he saying his brother might have come on a little bit to strong )also tried to sell me life insurance.I reactivated myself,and spent the next 30 yrs slaving for the wtb&ts ( so what does that say about me )

smiddy

• gloobster
    gloobster
    oops

Now if there is one thing you can never accuse a JW of, it's saying "oops". It's just new light.

• justhuman
    justhuman

I was innactive for few years and I had a visit from the CO and 2 elders to encourage me to start going back to the meetings.

The elder told me is time to be active again because the end is near and I must think of my children(a new born and a 3year old) if I don't want to see them DIE IN ARMAGEDON. I was really pissed off, I wanted to kick them out of my house...

It was the 9/11 incident and all I was hearing in the Kindom Hall it was about the Brothers in Bethel if anyone got killed or injured!!! And I said what about the thousands that died? The reply was "they are wordly people"

• Robert7
    Robert7

My wife (newlightforyou) was grieving about a friend of hers who died in a motorcycle accident. He was DF'd at the time. One sister 'comforted' her and said, "Well, he was already dead in Jehovah's eyes".

Another time, a sister told us about her mother's recent death. She said "she never was a Witness, so it's ok". How cold, wrote off her mom because she was never a Witness.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

the publishers from the other congregation were still mingling after their meeting. wife, me and children in hand come in.

this sister that I do not even know said to her friend in a loud enough voice.

"children, why would anyone want to have them in this system?"

I felt like belting her

• jam
    jam

M.L. King was a agent for the devil.

• Open mind
    Open mind

One of my daughters was bubbling over with enthusiasm about a very talented female vocalist. An older JW female relative jumps in with this little gem:

"Yes, well, it's too bad she's going to die at Armageddon!"

Nice. Thanks for helping out my daughter's sense of well-being. Actually it DID help later on. It made it a whole lot easier for me to convince my daughter that JWs really do believe God is going to destroy over 6 billion humans real soon.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit