My tactics are making inroads on my hardcore JW wife

by Awakened at Gilead 108 Replies latest members private

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Thanks Vinny... I always appreciate your levelheaded responses...

I gues that after having wasted 35 years in this organization it's hard to wait... don't want to waste time... As I say, I'm not losing hope, and this is why I take drastic measures... it's for my own sanity as well as hers... Her commenst today were totally unexpected... I had no idea that my tactics were actually going to work... I am just doing what I feel I need to do to get away from the JW life as far as possible...

I'm glad of your success..

Aloha to you too.

Lance

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

A@G

Congrats

Glad that cracks are beginning to appear

Fog slowly lifting

• Vinny
    Vinny

It looks to me like you will have an opportunity to go to a JW funeral with your wife now that this mutual friend has passed on.

The only funeral I went to since leaving the org showed my wife just how ridiculous these folks can be. We were holding hands as we walked in and then again after the funeral was done when walking out. (I went to show respect for the 25 year old friend that I took out fishing on my boat many times and the one guy that did not shun me at all who also lived next door). He was killed in a motor cycle accident instantly.

Yet dozens would go right up to my wife, smiling, hugging her and thank her for coming... yet shun me entirely.

That was very strange.

• llbh
    llbh

Hope it all works out for you Lance. I totally get where you coming from. I will only disagree with you on the nature of your tactics not on the tactics themselves, and that is a reflection of our differeing characters only

I share your situation as you know and i truly wish the very best

Hope all goes well

Regards

David

• changeling
    changeling

About the letter: When we wrote about the UN we did not identify what cong. we were attending (and we live out of the territory). The Society wrote back to us directly (though in an unsatisfactory manner).

About telling your wife she should separate: Isn't it ironic that witnesses can blatatly say such a thing when they feel "spiritually endangered" but when a sister is being physically and emotionally abused you are never supposed to suggest separation?

I think you are doing really well. Above all else keep loving her and proving to be a good husband. She'll figure out who really has her best interests at heart.

changeling :)

• cawshun
    cawshun

I agree with the way your handeling things A@G . Also, I would do just what your doing with your family that is shunning you. Why make it easy on them, the pain game can be played more then one way. I admire your strength and tenacity with your wife. Hope all continures to go well for you.

cawshun

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

A@G: Thanks for updating us. It's good to see that you're making progress.

Good luck.

• changeling
    changeling

Open Mind: add me to your list of successful faders who have magaged to help others. We've got one child out and one mentally out. I know my kids, had we been in their face or made a negative stand againt the org. they would not have stood by us.

changeling :)

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I honestly on read 75% of this thread, but my greatest fear has happened to you!

they have already pressured your wife into leaving you! I cannot believe that this is always gonna be the outcome.

and they say, that they do not break families!

good luck, someday.... and i'm delaying it: I wish I could leave this!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    DaCheech:

I honestly on read 75% of this thread, but my greatest fear has happened to you!

they have already pressured your wife into leaving you! I cannot believe that this is always gonna be the outcome.

and they say, that they do not break families!

good luck, someday.... and i'm delaying it: I wish I could leave this!

Yes but this is pushing her out of the org since she really wants to stay with me... and I will be here for her outside the org! She is really seeing the hypocrisy.

Vinny:

I won't be at the funeral... I already had other plans... had I been free I definitely would have gone...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit