My tactics are making inroads on my hardcore JW wife

by Awakened at Gilead 108 Replies latest members private

• dawg
    dawg

Up your nose Daniel-P (just kidding), you let it go while you continually get misquoted. I bet you'd "man up" then wouldn't you? I'm sick of it, I mean really?

You think this is the only thread where I get attacked for doing the right thing concerning my family? Hell no, I've taken crap off the same group for the last 2 years for this very thing... and guess what? It works to say something and it doesn't to be quiet.

While I realize there may be many ways to do it, something must happen sooner or later to shake these fools off their perch... we must eventually say something. But here, this site has numerous folks that will put you down for speaking... once again, where can they show me even one instance where this worked?

I rest my case.

• dawg
    dawg

How's that Gilead? When I have said repeatably that there is more than one way to do it? Doing nothing has that effect, if someone wants change they must do something, speaking out, using different methods to speak out, is the only place to start... maybe some don't want to let their families know how they feel... then don't speak out... knowing all the while that your family will be less likely to change under those conditions. And that is the one and glorious point I'm trying to make....

How in the mother of god holy hades is that wrong? It clearly isn't yet I get attacked for comments like these... WTF? I mean really!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

We're making the same point dawg (I edited my last post so I'm not sure if you saw the edits...)

I have said from the get go on this board that I don't fully understand why people would not make a stand for their beliefs, even if there are negative consequences...

But each person must take their own risks and live their own lives....

I'm not criticizing your viewpoint, but just your manner.... If you namecall and deride, you will alienate. If you set the example, people will follow. This is my technique...

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

i have to agree with a@g here dawg. i've read your posts in the past but look at them less frequently now because it seems that you've got this axe to grind. we all have someone in that we want out. just because someone disagrees with your method doesn't invalidate either of them. it seems though that you take a 'im right, you're wrong' approach that makes people turned off from what you have to say. they can't hear your good advice because of the delivery method. thats all im saying.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey there Dawg,

I kept an eye out for a reply from you for a day, but then had to be away for a while.

I owe you an apology and will apply my own words to myself:

"We often see what we want to see"

I applied my own mental filter to your post and ASSUMED that you were attacking the "slow & careful" approach. On re-reading your OP, I see that you were being critical of those who say "nothing" or "live a complete lie". My mistake. And, FWIW, I can't think of anyone who has had good results with the "do nothing" approach.

Thanks for the kilt-blowing.

om

• dawg
    dawg

If you read something wrong Luke, that's my fault?... pray tell, show me here where I've said my way is the only way... Show me Luke, show me Gilead...

So, I'm supposed to take a ration of crap from people who clearly can't read?

Let's see how this works..., I get attacked, I fight back clearly showing that I'm right, yet still I'm wrong because you that have read it can't read....

It honestly amazes me that people are so damn ignorant... it really does...

I'm sorry if you guys female organs got hurt; your poor feelings were bruised, but that's the real world... don't defend wrong and stupid comments and go on the attack if you don't want to be bitten back.

Long ago I've come to realize its the bit dog that cries the loudest... I admit it pissed me off to have to defend so harshly a statement that was correct from the outset, but bit dogs do scream when they're bit.

Until anyone can show me where I've said that only my methods work, or that people must do as I have done, then your comments are fabricated and absolutely foolish. Until someone can give me a link, where a former JW was silent and yet his silence had an impact on his JW family, then the comments directed at me are subsequently foolish and not backed up by facts. How in the name of holy Jesus can this statement not be true?

Bring facts to the table when talking to me boys, your "opinions" are like a$$holes...I don't really care for opinions, I like facts. I can't recall ever telling anyone they must do and or act like me... I do recall saying that inaction produces nothing... can anyone refute that? If not,then what the hell's your problems?

It's be much more productive if you that defend this nonsense, who show courage on this site when talking to me, would do the same when dealing with those that need it...scream on bit dogs, yell, bark and bite, you're the ones bit,not me.

• dawg
    dawg

Open Mind, thanks... My Kilt got blew up too, I was pissed and now feel a cool breeze... LOL!

• yknot
    yknot

Some make a stand more quietly....

Everyone has their own approach, not everyone can emotionally handle the loss of a family support structure.

I spoke boldly for decades and let me tell you it is not for the faint of heart. I literally spent 3 years (ages 6 1/2 to 10) where not one of my peers spoke to me. The 'worldly' schoolmates hated me for being JW, the JWkids weren't allowed to even look at me. Eventually I learned that sometimes it is more important to listen then speak. Validating doubts and issues does more good then challenging sometimes.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Dawg, we're not defending "doing nothing," we're just taking offense to your shit-flinging approach to this. In other words, it's not what you say, but how you say it. You think you have to defend yourself all the time, well, maybe its because you piss people off by the way you talk to them--ever think of that? You catch more flies with honey, bud.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Lance,

Very glad to hear about your progress man !

Seems she'd rather go to the beach than go out and preach.
    Rather see her husband graduate, than go to the Hall and meditate

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit