My tactics are making inroads on my hardcore JW wife

by Awakened at Gilead 108 Replies latest members private

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

MJ,

BTW, great avatar. I've been looking for the name of that beo-babylonian king, so now I know... nevawuzza, lol.

I was writing more from the perspective of active JW mates who leave and then are dealing with their still-in JW spouses. Many on this board say that they are quietly fading and hope to take their spouses with them at some point. Some have said that they wish they had more balls...

My case is somewhat more difficult, since you as an UBM can still talk to the "friends" and the elders will never encourage your spouse to leave you since that would contradict 1Cor7. An apostate is really dangerous !

About my marraige, the truth is that my wife is more committed to staying with me than I am with her. So I am pushing for her to wake up since I am not going to stay for 10 years with a raving JW lunatic waiting for her to wake up and smell the BS.... I have nothing to lose (in a sense) since I am not willing to live long-term with a JW wife...

Quandary,

I'm glad they are treating her like this... I am also sending some in the cong unwanted emails so that they are even more afraid of the A@G monster and they say so to my wife...

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Oomps, I'm aware of all the ramifications... I just may be willing to stay with her if she leaves, but I am definitely not willing to stay with her long term if she stays...

If we're both out and we save our marriage that's not a bad thing....

• oompa
    oompa
    If we're both out and we save our marriage that's not a bad thing....

ya....that would be a very good thing!.......she may even do Mozart in the park with you!..........oompa

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I just don't know about the ethics of this case, Lance. You be your own judge, but I wouldn't want to cause wreckage in my wife's life just because "I had nothing to lose" since I wouldn't be able to live with a JW wife. And then even if she does leave the JWs, there's no commitment on my part.... That just sounds shady, in my opinion--I hope I don't offend you in saying this. This might raise another question--Why are you trying so hard to get her out when you're not even sure whether you'll stay with her? What it might boil down to is a tug-of-war over her with the WTS. You don't want them to win. You don't want them to take anything away from you, but to give her up by your own volition.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Lance:

It sounds like you are making great progress with your wife. I applaud you. The change in attitude towards her at the KH has probably really opened her eyes. Keep it up!

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I am very happy to hear this Lance, and think you are very brave! We look forward to welcoming Mrs A@G when she is ready, and I am sure she will be ready in time!

Boo

• TheListener
    TheListener

edited to remove text.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Awakened,

I'm glad you clarified your earlier post.

You sound like you are taking precautions to watch out for your wife's feelings as well as your own.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

TL,

See my above reply to DP...

The truth is that we have been discussing separation for the past 4 years... even as JWs...

But I think that our marraige will definitely stand a good chance if she leaves... but not if she stays. Does that make sense? This is why I am even posting this ... if I didn't care to save our marriage I would have already left.... I am trying to save what we have... but we have other issues besides the WTS.... but for me at the moment the WTS is our greatest difference.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Oops, misunderstood;)

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit