Why I'm a loser & I don't know what to do to fix it...

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 104 Replies latest members private

• sacolton
    sacolton

alt

We love ya, man!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Billy in truth I don't know you but whenever I see you've started a thread I know it'll be a good one to read and I always enjoy your replies. I think we all feel like losers from time to time. As others have said that's the way the WBTS trained us.

Mickey.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Billy - way to go - three pages dude!!! See you aren't a loser after all - you have exceeded your expections!

Seriously though - I know how you feel, but I truly think that you are probably just having one of those days, or maybe even one of those weeks or months.... Sometimes I feel like a total loser, but other times, I realise my life ain't so bad at all... swings and roundabouts and this too will pass and all that sort of thing!

We all need a pity party once in a while!!!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Lots of posts to read so I'm not reading all of them. If you think you're a loser then you are going to create that reality for yourself. You'll make sure that you stay in the mind set and I'm afraid there is no one but you to blame. Change your thoughts / outlook and perhaps you'll start feeling a bit better and life will take on a different reality.

Easier said than done - I know, but it's your choice.

SaColton - I love the british series of the office - that actor is brilliant. He takes awkward to a whole new level!

• BFD
    BFD

Billy a loser?!?

Nah!

If you want to hear a real loser story, send me a pm.

BFD

• freydi
    freydi

"Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
    If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
    Be thankful when you don't know something,
    For it gives you the opportunity to learn.
    Be thankful for the difficult times.
    During those times you grow.
    Be thankful for your limitations,
    Because they give you opportunities for improvement.
    Be thankful for each new challenge,
    Because it will build your strength and character.
    Be thankful for your mistakes.
    They will teach you valuable lessons.
    Be thankful when you're tired and weary.
    Because it means you've made an effort.
    It's easy to be thankful for good things.
    A rich fulfilled life comes to those
    Who are also thankful for setbacks.
    Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
    Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
    And they can become your blessings."

Author: Unknown

• milligal
    milligal

My husband was an ex-bethelite and went through similar feelings of failure after leaving. For him, things didn't really turn around until he took some major steps to change his life. He joined the military and started college. It really gave him a sense of direction and he felt good about himself again.

You might not have to go to that extreme, but just remember there are a lot of things you can do with your life, it's not too late and you're not a loser

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Your whole life is ahead of you. You now have the ability and power to make it whatever you wish. Freedom comes at a price -- you now can make mistakes. But they are your mistakes.

Do not look back on the mistakes, life is all about mistakes. It's what we learn from those mistakes that counts. As for your family, I say again -- live your life. And if they don't like it, ignore them; distance from them; move away; or even let them go from your life. Live your life irregardless of what others say.

It's your life. You're on your own road now. And in the end, I believe it's what we learn from the failures, more than the successes, that matters. Failure teaches us how to grow, every bit as much as success does.

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out howthe strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat"

Theodore Roosevelt

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Billy!!!! You survived how many years at Bethel?? That alone is a feat unto itself.

Now, you are free. Free to try and fail at anything you want. Failing is part of life. We all do it. The key is how well you stand back up and dust the seat of your pants. And then TRY AGAIN!!!

I think your glasses are sexy in a nerdy sort of way.

momz

• snowbird
    snowbird

Billy,

You are certainly not a loser. I love reading your posts.

Even though we've butted heads, I think you're a classy, funny guy who has a lot to offer this old/new world.

Hang in there, Brother Man, it will get better.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit