Why I'm a loser & I don't know what to do to fix it...

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 104 Replies latest members private

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Applause, Salcoton!!!

Billy the Ex... let me tell you something. I hope you pay close attention. ANYONE who has the volition to leave such a massively CONTROLLING CULT with the strength of his or her OWN MIND and reasoning abilities cannot in ANYWAY be considered a LOSER. Get it?

My beloved chosen one (who has never been a witness) comments about how stunned and admiring he is of those of us who GOT OUT. I take it you were born in, Billy, is that right? Do you have any idea how the odds were stacked against you of ever having your own mind and your own choices?

You need to pat yourself on the back, Sir, and give dear Billy some credit.

Hugs and cheers to you,
    Baba.

• Casper
    Casper
    I just wanted you all to know that I'm not such a downer today

So good to hear that today is somewhat better...!!! (WOW--- 4--- Pages, you're doing GREAT...)

We're all here for you...!!

Cas

• cawshun
    cawshun

Billy, I'm not a JW, my daughter, husband and grand-kids are. I'm here to learn all I can for them. I can honestly tell you, I have read some of your post and on the day's that I felt so down because I haven't found a way to get through and your humor was right there at the right time to pick me up. I think your very much a person of value, especially to this board. My thanks to you for all your contributations. Also, you make some very strong points. You probably don't need us as much as we need you. Thank you Billy!

• Layla33
    Layla33

I wonder how some people can take a misfortune of events and be successful and other's can not do it.

I totally believe you create your own self-fulfilling prophecy. If you wake up everyday and tell yourself "I"m a loser and there is nothing I can do to fix it", that's exactly what kind of life you will become.

I am convinced from my decades on end of working with people that were very wealthy to those that were homeless that the only difference between them really was attitude on life and belief in one's self.

If there is anything that I believe this cult has done worse than any other lasting long term affect is the abuse of a person's psyche. It creates this idea of helplessness, this idea of failure outside of the hornet's nest. People leave but are still an emotional wreck and have no idea how to live and no confidence to start anew. That saddens me on so many levels.

There are people who come out of countries where they were persecuted for their entire life, and have nothing, I mean absolutely nothing and because they believe in their personal happiness and success, they fight for it, they start from the bottom and work their way up, deal with whatever set back and achieve some normalcy in their lives.

You control the sky. They (anyone) could take everything away from me, try to beat me down, and in one years time I would have completely turned my life around, done anything that was necessary to survive and create the life I wanted and why? Because no one will have the last word on my happiness but me, and I am in the driver's seat of my life.

Take a moment and figure out why you believe you are a loser and where that idea actually comes from, that might be a start.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Dayumm Billee! For being a loser you sure has hell got a lot of responses on this thread! You took it by storm man! If that ain't support I don't know what is!

Hang in there dude! Sh#t can't be that bad! You always crack my a$$ up! (And don't go anywhere with that line or I'll have to break your glasses!)

• BFD
    BFD

Quirky...

BFD

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Leave it to BFD.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Au contraire Billy, you're not a loser, you're a winner because of the mere fact that you keep stepping out, exploring life, making mistakes (yep that's ok too!) and importantly, learning from them. So keep stepping out - believe you can do it right (ie no self-defeating thoughts so you're out before you even start) - and if you fail, learn, pick yourself up again and keep going.

There was a poster on the wall of the school gym changing rooms and I've never forgotten what it read (in all these 20-odd years!):

"A winner never quits and a quitter never wins"

Very wise statement...

• sacolton
  • hillbilly
    hillbilly

Crap SAColton........ now billy will expect custom digital stuff from all of us........

Hey we should eat lunch one day.... you work in OKC?

Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit