Why I'm a loser & I don't know what to do to fix it...

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 104 Replies latest members private

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Hi Billy,

Sorry you are feelin' so bad. Be assured, what you feel is quite natural. The jws set you up to fail when you leave the borg. It's their fear-based teachings turning against you---likely you have "internalized" their punishing belief system. The elders kick the foundation out from under you when you leave. If you don't have another foundation to replace the borg foundation, you have the potential to fall flat. It's the conditioned response that has been instilled in dubbies since birth.

My advice is to get to a therapist who understands how cults operate ASAP. Read Crisis of Conscience and realize that the borg is nothing more than a book publishing company with brainwashed marketers who don't get paid. The WT empire is not God's organization at all. Learn to let go of all the old beliefs that no longer fit your new life. Replace the old fear-based, punishing belief system with healthy beliefs about health, well-being and happiness. You deserve to be happy.

And live your dreams. And visit JWD often, as it is group therapy. I know from experience.

Hugs,

ESTEE

• changeling
    changeling

"Don't cry over spilled milk". Ever heard that one?

Here's another one: "What's done, is done".

How about: "Today is the first day of the rest of your life"?

Are you starting to get the point? We all have our own JW sob story. Having bad things happen to us does not make us losers, our attitude does.

I usually enjoy your posts, this one seems very out of charachter for you (very Junction Guy). You must be dealing with something really yucky.

Deal with whatever it is and move on. We'll be here to listen when you are ready to share.

Hang in there,

changeling :)

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

You forgot the part about cuddling up w/ a bar of soap every night.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

But.. you've got such cool glasses!! How could you be a loser???

Seriously, dude I think we've all been at that point one time or another. I honestly think the whole point of the religion is to destroy any ambition and make us all feel like losers. They are wrong. We all have something meaningful to offer. You're only a loser if you let them win. I understand about whole families and whole lives being trapped in the borg, but while they can keep us down physically for a while, a free mind is something to be proud of.

PM me if you'd like to chat!

Chin up bro!

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

The key is to realize that there is nobody watching to call you out if you change anytime you want. Start over as many times as you like, reinvent yourself for your own entertainment. Toy with the world and master it. Play by your own rules. I believe sharing a thought from the work of Billy Corgan (peace be upon him) would be fitting. Please listen with me in your music collection to the song of "Behold! The Nightmare", line 22 and it says: "Become a mystery to gaze into". If you ever feel like you're screwed up, just gaze into the mental lives of the happy and well adjusted. The truth will set you free, you are no loser. The light grows brighter and brighter. Bring_the_Light

• shamus100
    shamus100

I think you should put everything in perspective here - life comes in waves. It's always up and down, up and down - you just have to wait for the up to happen.

One thing that always stuck with me was one simple sentence - nobody is responsible for your happiness but you. Now how are you going to make yourself happy? I'd go seek some counselling - these message boards have lots of advice from people who are pretty far from psychologists. You've been through too much to deal with this on your own. And I can guarantee if you don't deal with it, destructive behaviors will plague you.

You need to write it on a piece of paper what you need to do (make an appointment to get some counselling), and actually go and do it. I don't think you will be really happy until you go and do this step.

Someone calling themselves a loser scares the shit out of me - it reminds me of someone who is a prime candidate for suicide, something that I hope is not the case with you. Life is great - you just have to hang in there, and be able to get help.

I wish you all the best.

• Casper
    Casper

Billy,

I certainly would never, call you a "Loser", I have read your posts and I love your sense of Humor...!! You have a wonderful way of expressing yourself.

You're just in a slump, time to set a goal and work towards it....

Wishing you the best,

Cas

• shamus100
    shamus100

P.S.

I can't stand your avatar!

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I like losers.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Billy, even if you looked like your avatar, a close resemblance to Gary Bussey in The Buddy Holly Story, I would still you think you adorable, witty and one of the best additions to JWD in a looooooong time. Hugs. And by the way, you don't have to take over where the WTBTS and your family leaves off in the abuse department. They mistreated you, but you do not have to mistreat you. My therapist said the same thing to me yesterday about my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit