Why I'm a loser & I don't know what to do to fix it...

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 104 Replies latest members private

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

sure would be fun to have a bunch of ex-bethelites at an apostafest and get them all drunk. Wonder what kind of stories we would hear? sounds like fun, eh?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Page 2

Changeling:

Hope it's not really you. THAT would be a problem!

Yeah, that would be a problem, but it's not me.

flipper: As usual, thanks for the encouragement! You and Mrs. Flipper are great.

Hortensia: Yeah, I chose the avatar for the humor. Sometimes comedy isn't pretty . I like your throne and crown. It's kewl.

AWAKE&WATCHING: Thanks for the compliment. I'll keep hanging in there.

beksbks: Thanks! I think the funny and intelligent parts have survived.

Casper: Wow, I'm up to 5 pages now! On a scale of 1 to 2, I'm a 5? It's nice to know that people care!

JK666: I never knew the Sex Pistols could be so inspiring!
    A friend tried to cheer me up with "Tomorrow", but unfortunately we found the lyrics too easy to adjust to:

The Sun 'll come out tomorrow
    bet yer bottom dollar that tomorrow
    something else will go wrong.

I like this one... a tad mellower, kind of sad, yet inspiring somehow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUwTdqPkluY

Satanus: "I'm good enough, and I'm smart enough, and doggoneit, people like me." Hey, it's working already! I'll look into a self-help guru. Does flipper have any mp3s out?

dwtnphotog: As I look back at Bethel, I managed to make the best of a losing proposition. And I smiled through it the best I could. You have come a long way, too. When you first came aboard, I was inspired by how you've taken everything in stride and are moving on.

Breaking Away: Excellent Post! This paragraph is a gem:

Sadly, we can't change the past.But we can change whether or not we want to STAY THERE.If all we look at is where we WERE we will never see where we're GOING or where we could BE.Despite my regrets about being a Witness there still are some good things I can take away.I'm a better communicator, I deal with people better,study skills improved, networking ability, more responsible, more empathetic, etc, etc.Over the years we may have acquired more skills or qualities than we realize.Tap into your true potential, take a good look at what you really learned and apply that to where you want to go.

Thanks so much for sharing, and I hope all goes well for you, too.

jamiebowers: Thanks for the post and the pm. Things are still up-and-down here, but I'm not feeling like a failure/loser so much anymore. Strangely, I find that it helps to realize that I still have options outside of where I am now. I hope that all goes will with the events developing in your life.

oompa:

Ok...i am sooo pissed right now.....I just spent an hour on this poor losers thread.....dissecting it...highlighting all the goodies.....and leaving________________________blank spaces for you to fill in to help/shred him. My best work ever.....and not only does it not post.....it flukkin disappears!!!!!!!!!!!....sooo dammit you are a loser and cursed to boot....lol

it was dammm good billy...YOU have the power was in it....READ YOUR OWN SUBJECT LINE!!!!........you know EXACTLY WHAT YOUR FOLKS AND FRIENDS will think and do cause THEY are TOLD everything to think and do...USE THAT....a huge advantage....but dude they ain't got a clue about a real brain....use that....if you SHUT DOWN...to JW crap...and ya...you need to do MUCH LESS FAST!!!!....not only does it suck...esp if you know it to be a lie...and now you are soooooo stressed and depressed....but they CAN NOT abandon you!!!!...use the fluck out of that advice....my first post was sooooo much better and thorough dammit............oompa

pm me...i have skills...and don't worry.. not gay....first thread also mentioned that all that time at bethel at least teaches you new ways to hide the jizzz hahaha....but prob a lot more...and you still have your youth and oh.....damm...I gotta go back and show you this on this redo...

Yeah, well, er, um, that's easy for you to say.... I hope you find your thread, it sounds great. You're right, I do know what dubs are supposed to think all the time. I won't go back to thinking that way. Many have learned that they can speak openly to me about their misgivings. I've found that several do have brains, it's just a challenge to keep the brain turned on and the bOrg collective turned off. And if by hiding "jizzz" you mean "dirty pi'tchers of naked people hugging", yeah, I learned how to hide them just fine. teehee

me thinks sweetface is about to take your pain away..hee hee

She did sound jealous of my bar of soap didn't she. oompa, you make me laugh. That's good. CoCo: Wow, thanks for sharing. I had the "privilege" of serving in foreign language, too. I hung in there as best I could, but it was one of the most painful experiences of my life. Learning the language turned out to be the easy part. As unbelievable events unfolded in the congregation, serving in foreign language along with regular Bethel service was something emotionally devastating. There was no such thing as a "spiritual paradise". I also had the "privilege" of working with the GB departments. That's what helped me discover that this whole thing is a sham. I nearly went off the deep end. I know others that did. I'm sorry it took so long for you to recover. I wish Al Gore had invented the Internet and JWD 50+ years ago, we would have all been spared the 1975 fiasco by laughing at scans of CTRussell's pyramid fiasco. Thanks again friend. Farkel:

It's been said that the best way to get rid of a problem is to get a bigger problem. Say someone lost his job and home and became homeless. That is certainly a big problem. Then that person found out he had six months to live. Being homeless doesn't sound like such a big problem when one then finds out he only has six months to live.

So to solve your "loser" problem, get a bigger one! Go back to Bethel! Go out in service for 4 hours every day! THEN you will think your current life is heaven!

Thanks for the reminder! That reminds me of the old cliche, "I was sad for I had no hat, until I met a man who had no head." Er, wait, no, it was, "I was sad for I had no socks, until I met a man who had no shoes...?" Anyway... Although things can quickly get overwhelming, they could certainly be worse. It's not as bad as what I endured in Beth-HELL. TRUE! I do have excellent health, white teeth, fresh breath. Homer:

you left a mind numbing damaging destructive cult.... you own your own mind and doesn't belong to anyone else to manipulate

Although I'm still 'in', my mind is very much 'out'. I won't disclose much here, but I am helping others wake up. I'm plotting a 'visit' to my old bethel home for some kind of "Aposta-voyage of dramatic proportions"! I'd really like to cause some destructive damage to the mind-numbing cult on my way out, but save some people along the way. chrisjoel:

Looks matter dude

Okay, I'm not drop-dead gorgeous stud material, but I ain't bad lookin'...

they fucking matter..without question

...no really, I look great for a guy my age. The avatar isn't me. I'm not that nerdy. But I could work on the self-confidence, it's really taken a beating lately.

As soon as you have someone in your life that adores you other than your family

I think I'll get a dog. They're alway happy to see ya, kiss ya all the more when you have bad breath, love it when you leave your clothes on the floor, and milkbones are their favorite presents. Sweetface:

See Billy, it could be so much worse. You could have an old, tipsy, neurotic hunchback trying to pimp you out to other JWD posters. Count your blessings!

You got me there. Okay, that's blessing #1 ! And I love your avatar ! Hope4Others: Love the picture. Which reminds me, for a guy, I have great legs ! That makes blessing #2... and #3. yknot: Thanks, maybe I'll get a pet cat. A little less needy and don't need to be walked. Although some of them can be moody and demanding... Thanks again to all ! Things are plugging along today. Unfortunately, more bad weather is in the forecast for here - crap. B the X

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Billy wow 5 pages long!.......YOUR A WINNER!!!!!

I think sometimes we are losers only in our own mind.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I just thought I would insert a little hope to this thread:

Here's to hoping you find yourself in such a great place that you are scared to regret anything you have done in the past in fear that your life done otherwise wouldn't have led you to where you are now. *cheers*

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Today I'm a loser.....I started 2 new topics and got 1 response on both.......ONE!.......

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Bump!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

how about those drunk ex-bethelites? Didn't anyone like my idea? OK, if that's the way it's going to be I'm going over to witness 007's thread. And I'm taking my booze with me.

• JK666
    JK666

Hort,

I used to like getting current Bethelites drunk, why would ex Bethelites be any different. When I went to New York, they used to call me "Mr. Plastic," because of all the rounds I would put on the credit card.

JK

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Billy, your "i'm a loser" thread has sailed past mine in views and responses. So, whenever you're feeling like a big loser, just remember there's this dude in Ohio named Dan who practically invented the category. HA

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Dan - you spawned this thread, I think you can take some credit for it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit