Why I'm a loser & I don't know what to do to fix it...

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 104 Replies latest members private

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yup. I work in front of the state capitol. Where you at?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

If that's the North face... I could spit at you.

Small world.

Hill

• oompa
    oompa
    sweetface:
    See Billy, it could be so much worse. You could have an old, tipsy, neurotic hunchback trying to pimp you out to other JWD posters. Count your blessings!

hahahah.....that just rocked the way you rolled out with that...........hhahaha...............oompa

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Dayum Sacolton, that's cool ! Now I'm gonna have to start a "loser" thread to get one of those.

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Billy,

Hang in there Brother. There is no way you could be a looser, if you woke up and left a cult. Loosers ignore the truth and continue down the same damaging path.. that would be looser and stupid.

I am relieved the avatar is not you.. funny but creepy!

I was raised a JW so I understand how you are feeling. Just yesterday I was lamenting to a friend, now what am I suppose to do with my life? He said "Join the Moonies and sell Jewelry".. I had to laugh.. Praise God I am not in a cult anymore... and neither are you, enjoy your freedom my friend.

CL

BTW: your humor is fantastic

• Poztate
    Poztate
    It's just that I'm a smart, funny, hard-working, successful appearing, LOSER. This thread of mine will probably even be a loser, not even two pages I bet.

Nuts...I'm a bigger loser than you are. I would be in heaven (so to speak) if one of my threads even hit the second page

Billy....You are not a loser. From the time you walked away from the WT you have had winner written all over you. It just takes time to readjust to the fact that now you are number one and not the WT or other relationships based on the WT beliefs. It still might take some tough decisions to get to where you want to be in life. Good luck to you. I know you can do it.

POZ.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Okay, I've got a few minutes to start responding... page 1:

IP_SEC:

1. Grow a beard and grow your hair long.
    2. Eat some Midols
    3. Quit your pissing and moaning.

1. Naw, I'm hairy enough. 2. I prefer drinking beer. 3. Pissing and moaning are two of the things I'm best at. Why would I quit?

Lady Zombie: [complicated hand gesture showing support] Thanks Lady! And here's to the damned religion... [complicated hand gesture showing contempt]

brinjen: Awe, shucks Thanks!

Hortensia: Good Luck! I hope things get way better for you. Have you considered starting your own religion... oh, right, you already have two... hope you get lots of followers with lots of $$$$$$$$$. Do you need any corrupt lay ministers in your Palm Springs congregation?

journey-on: Stand-up comedy in L.A., eh? Er, by L.A. do you mean Los Angeles or Lower Alabama?

Hortensia:

and...I always like your posts!

and I alway like your threads! JK666:

it was because we didn't do enough, or had some secret sin.

Jeez, ain't that the truth. I was always so focused and did so much, but it still wasn't enough... always "more, more, more". I felt guilty for not having some secret sin to confess. Not sinning was a sin too.

May we both get a chance someday to piss on the Governing Body's graves.

Good idea, I'm gonna start saving my urine in empty milk jugs so I can go to the "Launching Pad" at Wallkill and super-p!ss on their graves.

(I am not bitter)

Come on, try it... You'll like it.

I got kicked out of the club 7 years ago, went on to get two degrees, 4.0 GPA, AND I STILL FEEL LIKE A F**KING LOSER

Hmmm, take that sentance, drop the "FEEL", "A", and "LOSER" and you've got a totally awesome new message there !

I got kicked out of the club 7 years ago, went on to get two degrees, 4.0 GPA, AND I STILL X LIKE X F**KING X

Sounds like a winner to me ! hillbilly: Thanks for the suggestion, I'll call "become a cowboy" Plan C. Will the other cowboys laugh at me since I was trained to ride "English" rather than "Western"? lrkr:

We put up with the boredom and drudgery of Bethel by repeating to ourselves that it was for a good cause, that Jehovah loved us for what we did, that it was a great priviledge to be so close to the GB, etc, etc. Now that we see the truth, the reality sets in. However, experience at Bethel isn't a total waste- likely it helped you to see clearly how jacked up the org is.

...it's like you were right there watching me. "Jacked up" is putting it mildly as I look back on some of the super-jacked stuff, and people, that I dealt with. I wish I had a dollar for every time I told myself, "Jehovah will correct this sh!t in his own due time." I'd have, like, a hundred quadrillion dollars. ESTEE: "Fear-based teachings" indeed! It really is challenging to bust up the bOrg foundation. Thank Flying Spaghetti Monster for JWD and the support here! Changeling: Too many things have gone wrong over the past couple of weeks that have completely overwhelmed by coping methods. Along with my humor comes depression. And with depression comes the inability to focus, fix, and multitask. So, I do what I can, one thing at a time. Things are looking up. Sweetface:

You forgot the part about cuddling up w/ a bar of soap every night.

It is so bizarre that you should mention that... really. Last night I had trouble sleeping. Woke up with a cramp starting in my calf. I quick got back to the other side of the bed and under the covers where Dove was (that's what I call it). The cramp subsided. I went back to sleep. Got up this morning with no pain or swelling. So now I have to ask... have you been spying on me while I sleep? Doubting Bro:

I honestly think the whole point of the religion is to destroy any ambition and make us all feel like losers.

I agree. The only sense of value one is to have is by being totally enslaved to the cult. What a thankless waste of time and energy. Bring_the_Light:

there is nobody watching to call you out if you change anytime you want. Start over as many times as you like, reinvent yourself for your own entertainment.

Hey, whoa there BTL, I don't remember the Filthful inDiscreet Slave publishing that in the Botchtower! Do you have a reference to that? Oh, I get it. Hojovah wants me to make the best of the life he, she, it, or they have or haven't given me, without the interference of the bOrg or anyone else's preconceived notions. Yeah, light. shamus100:

Someone calling themselves a loser scares the shit out of me - it reminds me of someone who is a prime candidate for suicide, something that I hope is not the case with you. Life is great - you just have to hang in there, and be able to get help.

The destructive thoughts are actually behind me now. I had gotten some help before, but nothing "cult specific". I'll have to look into something, but there's nothing really nearby here. JWD has been EXTREMELY helpful. Casper:

time to set a goal and work towards it....

...yeah, I've been thinking about pioneering and going to Bethel... oh, snap, I don't have to lie about that sh!t here. Financial independance is my goal. Actually, I'm starting to make progress. There are just so many challenges at the moment. But, things did go much better even just today. shamus100:

I can't stand your avatar!

Thanks shamus, I can't stand yours either! What can I say about mine? He looks like such a happy loser, doesn't he? liquidsky: And I like people who like losers. And I like beer. And I like to sleep with a bar of soap. FlyingHighNow:

you don't have to take over where the WTBTS and your family leaves off in the abuse department. They mistreated you, but you do not have to mistreat you. My therapist said the same thing to me yesterday about my life.

Thanks for sharing! Others have certainly been demanding of me, and I've been even more demanding of myself. I have to lighten up. Hey, at least I'm better looking than my avatar! Whew! That's everybody on page 1. Thanks for your comments. I'd stick around for more but I need to fix one of the things that's gone wrong this week: I need to go fix a light fixture that is leaking. Yep, you read it right. I have a light fixture that has water dripping out of it. Crazy? Not for... B the X !

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Hey, at least I'm better looking than my avatar!

Aww, well, I have tol' ya before that your avatar reminds me of Gary Busey in The Buddy Holly Story. And I thought he looked cute in a geeky kind of way. It's been said that Buddy's record company wanted him to lose his glasses to be more appealing to the ladies. Instead he got bigger, blacker, thicker framed glasses. Now, everytime you catch yourself saying, "You're a loser, Billy the Ex-Bethelite." I want you to stop and say, "Hey, stop the abuse!" You left the org to get away from the abuse. Put down the torture stake. Let the org and your family carry it. You walk light and you walk free! Billy the Ex-Bethelite, you're swell. You remember Flyin' tol' ya so.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

sacolton, you remember that your mother said if you bring a treat for one person you have to bring enough for everyone or it isn't fair. So now we all expect our own digital cheering section! You have a lot of work in front of you - this is four pages or more now. Billy the X-B, glad you feel better. No matter how much life sucks, there's always something to laugh at. Even if you are laughing at yourself. There is something to laugh at in the grimmest situation. My mother, although unfortunately a JW until she died, had a funny sense of humor. In the CCU unit at the hospital, after she talked to the doctor and nurse, and instructed them to pull the plug, we had a little conversation. First the "I love you" stuff, and "I'll miss you" and that sort of thing. Then she cracked a couple of jokes and then she died. Good example - laughing in the face of death.

• RavenManiac
    RavenManiac

You're not a loser. How long has it been since you left? It takes time to get used to being in the "world". There are good times and bad. Leaving the org. was the best ting I've ever done. It took 7 years to find a job I love. Feeling down is part of being human. Don't give up. Look at one thing. It took such courage and strength to leave JWs. You don't realize how strong you really are. Keep trying until you find a job you like. Keep pushing forward. Your life does have a purpose. Get out there and find it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit