What will you do when the Great Tribulation Begins?

by Malkiel 259 Replies latest jw experiences

• Malkiel
    Malkiel

top hat-

The Watchtower does not have to teach it.

• Malkiel
    Malkiel

brinjen-

you are referring to the issue of deception perhaps? again, just because we do not see the fullfillment of a prophecy in our lifetime does not mean we've been decieved.

i've no knowledge concerning the date '2000'

• Malkiel
    Malkiel

ak-jeff-

The evidence in pro of 1914 requires not only biblical proof, (which there is) but also faith, which not everyone has.

It sounds to me that you will be referring to certain understandings that have been revised since?

Jesus' apostles on many ocassions seemed downright boneheaded when failing to understand certain teachings or certain words spoken by Jesus. This did not undercut their value and how indispensable they were or became to him.

The big picture was never lost to them, just as it does not become lost to us now.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Jehovah's Witnesses were still celebrating Christmas in 1919.

Jesus approved!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    The evidence in pro of 1914 requires not only biblical proof, (which there is) but also faith, which not everyone has.

The question is not about whether or not 1914 was/was not the date of Jesus return. The question is, and I don't know how to make it any clearer to you -

Is the evidence sufficient to support the assertion [Made by the WTS - not me] that they were 'selected' in 1919 by Jesus?

They made the assertion - they laid down the criteria for the assertion - Did they meet the criteria?

Jeff

• TopHat
    TopHat

Malkiel:

The Watchtower does not have to teach it.

According to my understanding, the Watchtower is the last word and the only channel to God. If a member goes againist their teaching....then that member is considerd apostate.

So can you tell me truthfully: Are you a member of "The spiritually directed Watchtower organization"?

• Malkiel
    Malkiel

ak- jeff -

show me the evidence they had for this so that i may examine it.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It sounds to me that you will be referring to certain understandings that have been revised since?

Jesus' apostles on many ocassions seemed downright boneheaded when failing to understand certain teachings or certain words spoken by Jesus. This did not undercut their value and how indispensable they were or became to him.

The Watchtower made it clear that selection came from 'feeding the sheep' properly at that time and before. If the teachings were not healthy and correct, then why would Jesus select them, over say some other Protestant denom that taught different [or the same] wrong teachings?

If they were never selected by Him - then clinging to them as the 'ark of salvation' is not only incorrect, but deadly.

Jeff

• Malkiel
    Malkiel

tophat-

in which manner have i gone 'against' the teaching of the watchtower?

Does the Watchtower not teach that the Great Tribulation is at hand? (as in REALLY close?)

Wasn't that my question to begin with? What will you do when the Great Tribulation begins?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Ok - allow me a moment to propagate the list of 'food' they were teaching at that time.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit