What will you do when the Great Tribulation Begins?

by Malkiel 259 Replies latest jw experiences

• TD
    TD

Malkiel

is it your understanding that any person dead before Jesus' death does not fit into either class, therefore never recieves salvation?

No, I'm not saying that at all. Sorry if I've given that impression. I know that the JW's teach that these ones will be resurrected, have the opportunity to catch up (i.e. Learn about Christ and all the things that have happened since they died) and ultimately attain salvation too.

I'm saying that (In JW theology) those who have died before Christ's death do not experience either of the two salvations the Bible describes for Christians.

For example, JW's do not believe that those who have died before Christ go to heaven. I'm sure you've heard the JW interpretation of this reference to John the baptist: "..a person that is a lesser one in the kingdom of heavens is greater than he is."

In the JW belief system, what other hope do Chrstians have besides going to heaven? The only other salvation held out to Christians is surviving the great tribulation.

If the JW's believe that the Bible holds out any other hope to faithful Christians beside these two, give me scriptures, give me references in JW literature. I'd truly like to know.

• berylblue
    berylblue

I'm going to raid the local liquor store and stay drunk and have sex with everyone (including women) up until it's time to kiss my sorry, drunken a$$ goodbye. Does that answer your question?

• berylblue
    berylblue

12 pages of this? Malkiel is a tenacious little thing, I'll grant him that.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Yo, AK Jeff - we both turn 53 in August!!! How cool is that! (as though there aren't a gazillion others turning 53 in August).

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Yo, AK Jeff - we both turn 53 in August!!! How cool is that! (as though there aren't a gazillion others turning 53 in August).

Kewl! Let's find a pub somewhere between and have a drink and a big chocolate cake. Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    By the way, our preaching work (door to door (as Jesus stipulated) and in many other various forms is also unmatched by any other 'christian' organization.

In what respect is it 'unmatched'? Mormons do a similar work. I have had Baptists come to my door preaching in this area. Almost all of the religious people that I know try and 'witness' to others. The goals they have may be different - many of them are not interested in converting anyone to their version of Christianity, but just to Christianity in general.

When I was a Jw, sheltered and uninformed, I too believed that statement. I now understand that I was wrong. You doubt that other groups 'preach'? Just type in 'Spread the Good News' in a search engine. Then go to the millions of websites that dedicated Christians are using to try and spread the gospel. They may not preach from door-to-door, but they certainly do not hide the Good News under a basket. They advertise rallies, they promote youth groups, they have thousands of ministries dedicated to helping people in various ways.

If you mean that they don't put on three piece suits, load up 6 people in a minivan, and traverse the area attempting to give away 4th grade level reading materials that constantly deride other religions, promote themselves, and support idolatry of a few men sitting in a Brooklyn Ivory Tower. Then you are correct. None of them do that. Neither did Jesus.

I did it though for 40 years. There must be some reason that millions of us have stopped doing it. The reasons are many. And they are worth looking at closely - because trust me - I never had a more difficult decision to make in my life than the one I had when I left the Jw's. I still cry at times wishing it had been the truth. It just isn't so. It never was.

Jeff

• real one
    real one

M says:

Wasn't Peter WRONG about enforcing mosaic law onto christians after Jesus death? In fact, Paul went so far as to chastise him publicly.

Was peter devoid of holy spirit now?

Did Peter say he was a prophet?

• real one
    real one

M says:

no other religion even comes close to adhering to Jesus' teachings. the aspect of neutrality in the political world alone sets us totally apart

I beg to differ with you here. First of all I attend a non-denominational church where we study a Bible that has not been changed like the nwt to deny the deity of Christ. We all have to stand up in front of Christ and give an account. Your organization will not be able to speak for you only Jesus will. See he intercedes for us to the Father. No one else can.

You speak of the political world. Well did you know that God places the authorities in their places? Did you know that because of God's involvement with the governments we are protected from evil. If God did not intervene with gov can you imagine the anarchy we would experience. God Bless America! Study your Bible and you will see how God is involved with the gov, remember king David?

Maybe if jw would start voting we could have change go on in this world for the better. Yeah, i know your waiting for God to make it right. Dude get a clue. read your Bible, not the nwt, and learn some things. Im still learning myself! After putting down that nwt I can really study the real Bible!

Maybe we need to start indv threads for mal on all the lies of the wts so that he may study the evidence on each issue. there are so many and we are probably overwhelming him.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Malkiel, I answered your questions, the least -least you could do is answer my question..Are you a member of the Watchtower org.?

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

lunafing- i've heard this remark before in this thread, that Jehovah is preparing to murder innocent children in Armagedon, why would he do that? That's what I'm asking you. My mom (who is a devoted and active JW) is always trying to bring me back and telling me to do it for my kids if not for myself. She says she can't stand the thought of her granddaughters being destroyed in Armagedon. I remember things like that being said when I was in "the Truth". Are you telling me that that's not true? Why don't you give me some info on that so next time my mother says anything to me about it I can "prove" to her that my kids WILL NOT be destroyed? I await your reply.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit