WHAT if we're wrong?

by shell69 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

You're not wrong. You miss your mother and worry about your kids. Natural. It's free floating anxiety, looks around for some thought to fasten onto, then makes you feel terrible. Just keep telling yourself, you're a grown-up, you can see the religion for what it is. You are healthier than ever and your kids will be healthier because you walked out of the org. Your mother is still trapped, so she shuns you. It probably causes her as much pain as it causes you, but she's the one who can't see clearly. Love, Hortensia

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Shell,

We probably are all wrong. But I believe there is a loving God who sent Jesus to earth to show us His love.

Jesus said that the whole law is summed up in this: "Love God with your whole heart, soul and strength and love your neighbor as yourself."

If we follow this rule, we not only have hope for everlasting life (IMO) but our life here will be happier too. The whole world is better when

we love.

In my search, I have found that the Truth is Christ Jesus. There is no one organization or church that can claim to be exclusively God's channel.

Jesus is the "way, the truth and the life" and no one can come to the Father except through Him.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• sacolton
    sacolton

Jehovah would have to explain why he favors false prophets who claim to speak in His name. No, we aren't wrong.

Deuteronomy

13:1 If prophets or those who divine by dreams appear among you and promise you omens or portents, 13:2 and the omens or the portents declared by them take place, and they say, "Let us follow other gods" (whom you have not known) "and let us serve them," 13:3 you must not heed the words of those prophets or those who divine by dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you, to know whether you indeed love the LORD your God with all your heart and soul.

If you left an organization that you knew was a false prophet, you show that you love the LORD your God with all your heart and soul.

Congratulations! You passed the test!

- sacolton

• Currientology
    Currientology

What if all religion is wrong??? What if many religions are “right”??? What if each contains puzzle pieces of the big picture... and by understanding enough about one or more paths, one might someday see the “big picture”... If “The truth” were, for example “42”... How do we arrive at 42??? Is is 41+1 or 50-8??? There are an infinite number of ways to arrive at 42...

• Black Man
    Black Man

great comments in this thread, keep it up!

• JH
    JH

Probably 50% of the worlds population wouldn't even be able to become JW's even if they wanted to......because either they are too poor, too sick, there is no congregation in their area, they have a serious handicap, their job is in conflict with the Watchtower, they are in prison, or in hospital....or any other reason.

Will they die because of that?

Probably

• new boy
    new boy

Shell I read your profile!

Sweet Heart....maybe you need to read too...

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Your young, 38 years old. Keep your eyes open and pay attention, Time will prove you are not wrong about the wact tower society.

If you are healthy you and your grandchildrens, grandchildren will die of old age before Armegedon comes or before Jesus returns.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Had you not set your children free from this cult, chances are good they would've been molested by a trusted "brother", or they would've grown up and left the organization only to be estranged from you. Or if you have daughters, they probably would've married men who abused them. Take it from someone who was abused as a child and a wife within the organization.God does not require that you sacrifice your kids to pedophiles and wife beaters. He doesn't ask that you deny them an education and freedom. He doesn't want that for you either. On the other hand, the WTB&TS requires your mother to shun you, and for what?

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Shell,

Your feelings are understandable and I join everyone else in offering words of comfort.

I don't mean to sound harsh, because what I have to say is not meant to be harsh, but ....

You gotta snap out of it!!! Be strong and take control of your life. Don't let the Borg continue to exercise any control over you. They are just men and really greedy, dishonest, deceitful men at that. They are parasites that will suck the life out of anyone they get the chance to. Don't let them do it.

Lean on your friends here ... you'll make it ... and you'll be stronger for it.

All the best,

Alex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit