I hate the Watchtower but I really still hate the Trinity Jesus is NOT God!

by Witness 007 343 Replies latest jw experiences

• MOG
    MOG

Let me add: are we to worship Jesus also - oh yes we should

"And lo! A leper, coming to Him, WORSHIPED Him, saying..." (Mat. 8:2),

"lo! One approaching Him [Jesus], a chief, WORSHIPED Him..." (Mat. 9:18),

"Now those in the ship WORSHIP Him, saying, ‘truly, God’s Son art Thou!’"

"Yet she, coming, WORSHIPS Him, saying, ‘Lord, help me!’" (Mat. 15:25).

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jwfacts what Trinitarians seem to forget is WHAT JESUS CALLED HIMSELF? Son of God- 234 times .....Son of Man-127 times....God- Zero! This would confuse the hell out of hid diciples since as jews they believed in "one God." While on earth Jesus not once said :"Iam the Father or God {except in the book of Mormon he does} he never explained the doctrine at all.....and this was the newest thing since sliced bread!!

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Deputy Dog,

I asked where the Bible says "God" humbled himself to become a man. All you quoted was a text about someone who was "in the form of God."

Jesus was indeed in the image or form of God, but he was not God himself. The word for "form" simply means "image," "impression," or "appearance" as shown by lexicons and by examing its other appearances in the New Testament. In Mark 16:12, we're told that Jesus appeared in a different "form." He wasn't another person or being, but he simply took on the appearance of another. In Philippians 2:7, it says Christ took "the form of a bond-servant," but Christ was never a bond-servant or doulos (Greek). He was sent to be our Lord and Master. In the parable of the landowner (Matthew 21:33-46), Jesus showed he was God's Son and not a doulos like all others who were sent by God. If Jesus was "in the form of" a bond-servant, yet was never actually a bond-servant, how can it be argued that "in the form of" God means that Jesus was actually God himself?

Adam was created in the image of God, and Jesus is the second Adam, the image of God as man was intended to be. (1 Corinthians 15:45) The apostle Paul saw man as "the image and glory of God." (1 Corinthians 11:7) He wrote of "the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." (2 Corinthians 4:4) Jesus is so much the image of God that he could say "If you have seen me you have seen the Father." (John 14:9) Jesus was not the Father, but he resembled him or was in the "form" or appearance of the Father.

So, again I ask, "Where does the Bible say 'God' humbled himself to become a man?"

fjtoth

• mouthy
    mouthy

Phil 2:7 When He emptied himself. ? Would that not be a humbling gesture ?

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Satanus,

'Course, i know that it's beyond your jw trained, logic based mind to comprehend.

I greatly admire your immeasurable humility. No wonder you're so full of infinitesimal and incalculably minute wisdom!

fjtoth

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Mouthy,

Phil 2:7 When He emptied himself. ? Would that not be a humbling gesture ?

Yes, and that is exactly what is meant when it says he took on "the form of a bond-servant." He never was a bond-servant or slave (doulous), but he acted as if he was one by his meekness and humility. A bond-servant is forced into humility, but Jesus was meek and humble by choice, not force.

fjtoth

• Sirona
    Sirona

MOG

Congrats on having the guts to answer my question! Some appear to ignore the hard questions.

problem I think we are having is that although THERE IS "ONE" GOD, the bible talks about many gods (men, pagan gods), even Satan is called GOD - just not "THE GOD". I still believe in ONE GOD (THE GOD), but Jesus is GOD (in divinity) just in the context of even - and I hate to say this - but SATAN..So I guess, Jesus is "a" GOD to me -if I were ranking them.

Actually, the bible does mention others as "god" or "gods". However it makes clear that any god apart from Jehovah is false. "no god against my face" I think the phrase goes.

If the other gods mentioned in the bible are false gods, apart from Jehovah, and the bible says categorically that there is ONE TRUE GOD, then how can we say Jesus is "a god" entirely separate from Jehovah?

I'm not a Christian but I think the bible says Jehovah and Jesus are God.

Sirona

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Jwfacts what Trinitarians seem to forget is WHAT JESUS CALLED HIMSELF? Son of God- 234 times .....Son of Man-127 times....God- Zero! This would confuse the hell out of hid diciples since as jews they believed in "one God."

Well sure it would That is why Jesus told them the following in John 16:

"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.

Even the wording of that passage above is allusive to a Trinitarian doctrine. the Gospel of John is charged with these allusive overtones.

This would confuse the hell out of hid diciples since as jews they believed in "one God."

There are many examples of things that Jesus said that "confused the hell"out of his disciples. There was the time he told them that they would have to eat his flesh and drink his blood to be saved. They didn't get that. A lot of people left Jesus at that point. There are many things they did not start to get until the Holy Spirit began to work in them to teach them.

As for the "one God" comment, I have addressed that in previous posts. The Trinity teaches "one God".

Burn

• mouthy
    mouthy

I'm not a Christian but I think the bible says Jehovah and Jesus are God.

Sirona

Hey Sirona ,See where the HOLY SPIRIT has been hanging around in your house EH? Guess your not wanting to listen to the teacher Eh

• MOG
    MOG

Sirona

When you think of FALSE, it does not mean they (as gods) do not exist in nature, they do (sometimes), just that the argument is they are NOT EQUAL to THE GOD - thuse false.

Think of False prophets, they are real but they are false giving..this is the best way I can explain it..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit