I hate the Watchtower but I really still hate the Trinity Jesus is NOT God!

by Witness 007 343 Replies latest jw experiences

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

fjtoth

Are you saying there is a branch of Judaism that worships the Trinity?

Possibly! Remember they didn't have the revelation we have today, to describe God as such. I don't need to use the word "trinity" to believe in it. It's hard to avoid God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit in the scripture.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    So he really wasn't dead for 3 days and paid for our sins

He was really dead, no different than when you or I die.

Burn

• fjtoth
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Frank

Tsk, tsk. Are you suggesting a three gods in one trinity? Silly boy. You should have stayed jw. The definition clearly states that there is only one god. Even an unbeliever, such as myself can read and comprehend that.

S

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Satanus,

Apparently you didn't catch the irony. The point of the illustration is that Trinitarians don't notice "what they are doing." A person isn't very smart if he sees the 3 members of the Trinity, each in different locations as God, and still claims he believes in only one God and not three. It's the same with the Bible's picture of God and Christ sitting upon separate thrones. Trinitarians apparently don't notice that there are two thrones, one for God and one for Christ. They give the impression that they see only one throne since upon that one throne there are 3 persons. The Son cannot be sitting upon another throne at God's right hand if he is sitting on God's throne with the other two members of the Trinity.

fjtoth

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    A person isn't very smart if he sees the 3 members of the Trinity, each in different locations as God, and still claims he believes in only one God and not three.

Again, FJTOTH, you don't get it. God can be in more than one place at one time and still maintain unity.

Before you start to protest and call that stupid, impossible or illogical, let me mention that even some physical objects manifest this incomprehensible behavior, so why can't God?

You can't even put an electron in a box, and if quantum particles can exist in multiple states simulatneously, in different locations, as waves AND particles, how can you expect God to be incapable of it?

Burn

EDIT:

More: http://discovermagazine.com/2005/jun/cover

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_superposition

• Satanus
    Satanus

Frank

I suppose many who believe in the trinity without understanding it would make funny looking attempts to explain it. I suppose, to a materialist who sees the bible god as a spiritual object, a pic like that would be ironic. However, in the spirit, there is no space or time. The bible god could be more than one entity in more than one place at the same time, and still remain one god. Is that concept a problem to you?

S

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Burn,

In a nutshell, your argument is this: God can be anything YOU want him to be.

YOU are the one saying "God can be in more than one place at one time," whereas he says "Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool. Where then is a house you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest?" (Isaiah 66:1) The "highest heaven cannot contain" God, but Trinitarians belittle his reputation by saying he once walked upon the earth as a man. (1 Kings 8:27) I believe you belittle God even further by comparing him to electrons and quantum particles, among the smallest of existing things, whereas the true God is awesome beyond measure.

Ditto to Burn and Deputy Dog. What each of you fail to see is that you claim 3 separate persons are not 3 gods, but only one God. Throughout the Bible, God is a "he," not a "they." He speaks of himself as "I" and "me," never as "us" or "we," despite the nonscholarly twist that a small number of Trinitarians give to a few verses in Genesis. He is shown to have only one face and two arms and two legs (so that we might understand what he is like). The trouble with your portrayal of God is that there is nothing in the Bible that substantiates it.

fjtoth

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    A person isn't very smart if he sees the 3 members of the Trinity, each in different locations as God

How smart do you have to be to understand omni-presence?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

God is what He wants to be. I accept it, even if my mind can not fully grasp it.

YOU are the one saying "God can be in more than one place at one time," whereas he says "Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool. Where then is a house you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest?" (Isaiah 66:1) The "highest heaven cannot contain" God, but Trinitarians belittle his reputation by saying he once walked upon the earth as a man.

I do not belittle God. Far from it! God humbled himself. He took the form of a man and died grotesquely for an evil, undeserving humanity. This humiliation of God makes him much greater than you (or I)comprehend Him to be.

I believe you belittle God even further by comparing him to electrons and quantum particles, among the smallest of existing things, whereas the true God is awesome beyond measure.

*Burn sighs*

Romans 1:19,20: since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Keep on learning fjtoth, I have much to learn also

Burn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit