I hate the Watchtower but I really still hate the Trinity Jesus is NOT God!

by Witness 007 343 Replies latest jw experiences

• MOG
    MOG

nice one - real one

here is a link on that

http://www.carm.org/jw/heb1_8.htm

• MOG
    MOG

Also on Genesis 19:24

Here is the pure translation from Hebrew to English word for word

http://lexicon.scripturetext.com/genesis/19-24.htm

For the record: I do believe Jesus is GOD, just not GOD -THE FATHER (Jehovah, THE GOD, HO THEOS, YWHW)

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Stann,

Thanks for that link on the Catholic belief in the Trinity. It was very interesting and I must say, I agree with most of it. I like this line especially about the Holy Spirit;

In this Trinity of Persons the Son is begotten of the Father by an eternal generation, and the Holy Spiritproceeds by an eternal procession from the Father and the Son.

Line I am referring to; "the Holy Spirit proceeds by an eternal procession from the Father and the Son".

That is exactly what I believe. That the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son, and is always sent forth by one of them. That is why I don't like to use the word "person" when referring to the Holy Spirit. I think that is not a very good term. The Holy Spirit does not act on its own, like its own "person" but always proceeds out from either the father or the son.

I like to think of Holy Spirit as God's influencing power. Remember that Holy Spirit was also used in Creation. It is not tangable like a "person" would be and that is why the NT applies such terms to "it" as wind, fire, dove, etc. It is to give us a "pictorial" in our mind to "see" something we cannot see. I always thought the NT writers did a good job of describing the Holy Spirit, and I think the Catholic church should have left it alone instead of trying to explain it "better".

Personally, I don't think the Trinity doctrine does a better job than the NT. I think it confuses people even more, but that is imo.

Peace, Lilly

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The Holy Spirit does not act on its own, like its own "person" but always proceeds out from either the father or the son.

LovelyLil. The HS is often referred to as a "he" in the NT. Just something to ponder.

He will teach you everything.

Burn

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Burn,

In the OT God's wisdom and prudance are referred to as "She". It is a common practice in the Bible to "personify" qualities or attributes of God. Peace, Lilly

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

burn,

One more thing. I think the Bible writers were being respectful by calling the Holy Spirit a "he" instead of an "it". I probably would have used the same terminology. Lilly

• MOG
    MOG

Has anyone here read the Qu'ran...I have it but stop at Sura 4...

• MOG
    MOG

and just to add on the spirit of things

"The SEVEN Spirits of God (Rev. 4:5)..this confuses me even more

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Mog,

I hit enter before typing, sorry.

I have not read it but am interested in reading it. I do have the Torah and read that. why did you stop at sura 4? Lilly

• MOG
    MOG

I stopped at Sura 4 because that is the chapter of daughters and wives..and somewhere it said that if you wife gets out of hand you may beat her but not severly...Sorry but I just dont get down like that - I love my wife and even if she did get whacko, I dont raise a hand to her...I freaked out - so I put it down momentarily. It was going good for a moment. Maybe I should skip that chapter and continue..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit