I hate the Watchtower but I really still hate the Trinity Jesus is NOT God!

by Witness 007 343 Replies latest jw experiences

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Your questions tell me that you accept the Trinity because you do not feel the Bible is completely inspired of God. My answer to both questions: I'm not of that mindset.

I believe that all Scripture is inspired of God as Paul wrote to Timothy. My questions in no way evidence a belief that Scripture is not divinely inspired. You are dodging the question because you do not like where it leads. I will ask you again:

Is the Bible the only thing to define what we believe as Christians?
    How do you know which writings constitute Scripture?

I think these questions are very relevant to the discussion.

Burn

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Burn,

I think this is getting to the point of being ridiculous. I have not dodged your questions at all. Those questions tell me your opinion is that Christian belief can be founded upon something other than the Bible and that other writings can constitute Scripture. My answer is that I am not of your mindset in this matter. What more can I say to make you happy with my answer?

fjtoth

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I think this is getting to the point of being ridiculous. I have not dodged your questions at all.

I think your own avoidance is what is ridiculous. You refuse to try to answer the question honestly.

Those questions tell me your opinion is that Christian belief can be founded upon something other than the Bible and that other writings can constitute Scripture.

I categorically tell you that I consider Sacred Scripture to be what is commonly known as the ancient Christian canon and no more, likely the same as you do.

My answer is that I am not of your mindset in this matter. What more can I say to make you happy with my answer?

I will be happy if you answer these questions:

Is the Bible the only thing to define what we believe as Christians?
    How do you know which writings constitute Scripture?

Burn

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Burn,

You may as well know I've gone as far as I'm going to go in answering your two questions. If an honest answer makes me dishonest in your view, I think you have problems with yourself.

fjtoth

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    You may as well know I've gone as far as I'm going to go in answering your two questions. If an honest answer makes me dishonest in your view, I think you have problems with yourself.

Well that's too bad. If you base your beliefs in the Bible as I do, you should at least know why the Bible can be used as a rule of faith. You apparently do not. As for your quote from 2 Timothy 3:16, it says:All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness..

Nowhere does it say what Scripture is, nor whether Scripture alone is sufficient. Paul did talk about what the Pillar and Bulwark of Christian truth was however, and he did not say it was the Bible.

Burn

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Burn

If you base your beliefs in the Bible as I do, you should at least know why the Bible can be used as a rule of faith. You apparently do not.

That's quite an assertion. Where is the evidence that I don't know "why the Bible can be used as a rule of faith"? Now's the time for you to be honest, Burn. What is your answer?

fjtoth

• Terry
    Terry

Let's take three steps back and look at the BIG PICTURE, shall we?

(Step,step, step.)

Necessity is said to be the "mother" of invention.

We have a need and we seek ways to fill that need.

How many of us actually need a Trinity?

The concept, idea or philosophy of a transcendant being is pretty large and incomprehensible as it is---isn't it?

If you can get your mind around the actual beingness of an invisible superhuman spirit who knows everything and never dies---you have a terrific imagination.

Yet, science fiction writers create these sorts of beings with ease.

Ancient thinkers, writers, storytellers and sages thought up Zeus, Thor, Vishnu, Cyclops and other fanciful beings, did they not?

Weren't there scores of Triune dieties belonging to various religious beliefs? Yes, certainly there were.

How odd!

How very, very odd and what a HUGE CO-INCIDENCE that the actual true nature of the actual true God should just so happen to be the same as these weird, primitive theories about false gods, namely a TRINITY!!

What a lucky guess!!

How could they be practicing false religions, demonic religions, weird and depraved religions disconnected from any real "truth" about the true God----AND YET GET THE VERY NATURE OF GOD (i.e.Triune-ness) CORRECT?

Mind boggling.

Or...

not!

Just the same old way of describing something wholly invented by the mind of man to make a ficitional being into something even more mind-numbingly incomprehensible.

Let's face it, the idea of Three Gods with only ONE identity is a contradiction in terms. The nature of SUPERnatural is that it cannot invade what is in our nature to think, or think about, or understand, or explain to ourselves.

A singularity of identity cannot be parsed into separate identities with names and descriptions.

The notion of God is larger than the ability to lable God's constituency (or lack of).

Once you grant beingness to a TRANSCENDANT being---you exceed your capacity to describe, delineate and comprehend. You put it into a set without itself as a member.

What we know versus what we set off-limits to being able to know.

Isn't that the whole idea of God in the first place?

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Terry,

Jesus said concerning himself and others, "You worship what you do not know. We know what we worship!" (John 4:22)

The apostle Paul wrote: "From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see his invisible qualities – his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God. Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. The result was that their minds became dark and confused. Claiming to be wise, they became utter fools instead." (Romans 1:20-22)

Your musings are interesting only to a point. Persons who have experienced answered prayer and other aspects of a relationship with God would have more positive and, I believe, weightier things to say.

fjtoth

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    That's quite an assertion. Where is the evidence that I don't know "why the Bible can be used as a rule of faith"? Now's the time for you to be honest, Burn. What is your answer?

Your refusal answer my two questions makes your lack of knowledge apparent.

You are free to show me to be in the wrong.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Burn,

Your refusal answer my two questions makes your lack of knowledge apparent.

You're continuing your ridiculous charade. There's got to be something wrong with a man who says an answer is a "refusal" to "answer my two questions." I suppose you'd say the same to any persons ten times wiser than yourself simply because they won't answer with words you want to hear.

You are free to show me to be in the wrong.

You certainly are in the wrong to define an answer as a "refusal" to answer.

fjtoth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit