I hate the Watchtower but I really still hate the Trinity Jesus is NOT God!

by Witness 007 343 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Some bibles use the term "worship" when refering to Jesus...at times people did fall down and bow to him........this doesn't show he was GOD! The Greek term; Proskeyneo, means to prostrate oneself, to bow down and show honour. Now, this was done for Jehovah.....and his representatives....Jesus Israelite kings and priests....but for the honour of Jehovah not as creature worship which even Angels would refuse.

Also I studied the non-biblical early church gospels which really does show a slow decline over 150 years, into the Trinity as the Watchtower claims...........although I still hate the Watchtower society at least I learnt something that wasn't a lie.

• real one
    real one

I disagree with you. Just because you do not understand the trinity does not mean it is not so

• zeroday
    zeroday

John 20:17 "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethern, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

Who was Jesus speaking of when he said "My God" if he is God...

• real one
    real one

Jesus is not an angel

• uninformed
    uninformed

Don't be too sure of yourself on this one.

I have not accepted the trinity myself, but I have read some of the 'early church fathers' discussions of the "nature" of Jesus, and to put it probably too simply, he is not "merely" God's Son, at least in the human concept of what a Son is.

Remember he was the personification of Wisdom, and the was the Logos of God. He also was the Master Worker during the creation and nothing came into existence except through him.

Even the WT identifies the following as applying to Jesus.

(1 Timothy 6:15-16) 15 This [manifestation] the happy and only Potentate will show in its own appointed times, [he] the King of those who rule as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords, 16the one alone having immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom not one of men has seen or can see. To him be honor and might everlasting. Amen.

Please note the following:

w7811/15p.31QuestionsfromReaders***

Questions

fromReaders

FirstTimothy6:15,16mentions"theonealonehavingimmortality."WhyisthisappliedtoJesusratherthantoJehovah?

These verses read: "This manifestation the happy and only Potentate will show in its own appointed times, he the King of those who rule as kings and the Lord of those who rule as lords, the one alone having immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom not one of men has seen or can see. To him be honor and might everlasting. Amen."—1 Tim. 6:15, 16.

Many persons have thought that these words describe Jehovah. That is understandable, for most of those things could be said of God, he the "King of eternity," "incorruptible," a "happy God" and the "Lord of lords." (1 Tim. 1:11, 17; Deut. 10:17) Also, no man ever saw or can see him. (Ex. 33:20) However, when Paul wrote 1 Timothy 6:15, 16, he could not say that Jehovah alone possessed immortality, for Jesus was given immortality at his resurrection.—1 Cor. 15:50-54; Heb. 7:16; Rom. 6:9.

The description in 1 Timothy 6:15, 16 does, though, fit Jesus, who is "the reflection of [Jehovah’s] glory and the exact representation of his very being." (Heb. 1:3; Col. 1:15) Since Jesus’ resurrection and ascension to heaven, he "dwells in unapproachable light." No man has actually seen the glorified Jesus. When he revealed himself to the persecutor Saul, the overpowering light blinded Saul. (Acts 9:3-8; 22:6-11; John 14:19) And as a grand Potentate Jesus will receive everlasting honor, for his Father crowned him "with glory and honor."—Heb. 2:9; Phil. 2:9-11.

But how is it that Jesus ‘alone has immortality’? Let us note the setting. Paul was not discussing God’s kingship or immortality but was contrasting Jesus to others of mankind. Jesus is "King of those [men] who rule as kings." (Rev. 17:12, 14; 19:16) Christ is also preeminent in lordship, being "Lord of those [humans] who rule as lords." (Compare 1 Corinthians 8:5, 6.) So when Paul wrote that Jesus is "the one alone having immortality" he meant that of all kings or lords from humankind, the glorified Christ is alone immortal.

Like we can believe that they KNOW what Paul meant!!!!!!!!!!!

Trinity, maybe, maybe not. More than a spirit creature, definitely.

Brant

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Because many of us disagree with the Watchtower's policies and prophesies, it doesn't mean that all of its doctrinal understanding is wrong. It's views on the trinity, soul and hell are not exclusive to the Watchtower organization. In fact, it borrowed many of its teachings from other sources that predate the Watchtower. Bible scholars have argued doctrine for centuries. Many reached different conclusions than those who accept what is now considered "orthodox."

Even the wide divergent views on other doctrinal points (salvation, baptism, sin, etc.) among those orthodox churches are evidence that they are not the monolith of faith they profess. In the end, it is up to each individual to make a determinatiion of what is truth. In the end, it seems that "deeds" not "doctrine" are the most important factor in God's eyes.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

here we go again, arguing over things that are purely faith based.

We have no idea what the facts are and until we do, why bother.

007, its like 2 in the morning down there, go and find you wife.

• real one
    real one

you are aware of how the wt has twisted the scriptures in the Bible correct, especially those concerning the diety of Christ?

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

real one. you are assuming that the scriptures weren't twisted in the first place.

Wrong assumption, no proof either way.

• zeroday
    zeroday

Now don't get Real One mad he'll just start calling you names...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit